Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Boss Intake Install with correct fuel vapor purge setup

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/11, 09:03 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boss Intake Install with correct fuel vapor purge setup

Hi guys. I've been browsing through all the Boss intake setups out there and it while you can make things off the GT work like the fuel vapor purge valve, I wanted to take the opportunity to show you guys what it looks like with the proper parts.

This is an install that we did this week that is being dyno tuned today. The parts used are from the parts list you will find on our Boss intake product page here: http://www.steeda.com/store/mustang-...-manifold.html

The next couple of shots show the new electric fuel vapor purge, and not as easily visible are the new fuel feed lines that lead up to the fuel rail and to the new purge that are off the Boss.

Using these parts makes everything look and fit OEM. All we had to do was lengthen the harness connection to the electric fuel vapor purge valve and everything works perfectly.

Here's a couple of more shots of the rest of the setup.

The parts involved like I mentioned are listed on our site and are available from your local Ford dealer.
Old 4/14/11, 12:43 PM

Now that is pretty work right there. Not to mention that happens to be my car down there at Steeda in South Florida. I drove it down from Jacksonville, FL. for these guys to do all kinds of work to my car and I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow to see how it runs. It's strange looking at these pictures of my own car knowing everything they are doing is top notch work. Along with this intake they installed a full Kooks Exhaust from the headers back, many suspension upgrades, and more. I can tell you for a fact Steeda has great customer service and like I said before their work is outstanding. They have kept me informed along the way as they have been performing the work and I intend on sending many of my fellow Mustang owners their way to get parts and work done. I give props to Chris, Gus, Todd, and last but definitely not least Matt who has been working on my car for the whole week.
Old 4/14/11, 01:10 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 4/14/11, 01:48 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gus, what do you mean by "lengthen the harness connection?" Any more specific pictures of that? Also, have you looked into the black covers that sit next to the manifold, or the sound deadening material that sits in the valley between the block and manifold?
Old 4/14/11, 02:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Gus, what do you mean by "lengthen the harness connection?" Any more specific pictures of that? Also, have you looked into the black covers that sit next to the manifold, or the sound deadening material that sits in the valley between the block and manifold?
My tech did the install so clean that it wont really show well in pictures. He ran the extension down passenger side and around the back of the intake to the new purge and wrapped the wires with black tape in the same fashion Ford did with the factory connector, so it all looks OEM. Its only a thin 2 wire connector so its super thin and not going to show well in pictures.

We did not look into putting on the side covers that cover that assembly up. Besides we wanted to show what was there anyway

Last edited by SteedaGus; 4/14/11 at 02:26 PM.
Old 4/14/11, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SlvrGT2011
Now that is pretty work right there. Not to mention that happens to be my car down there at Steeda in South Florida. I drove it down from Jacksonville, FL. for these guys to do all kinds of work to my car and I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow to see how it runs. It's strange looking at these pictures of my own car knowing everything they are doing is top notch work. Along with this intake they installed a full Kooks Exhaust from the headers back, many suspension upgrades, and more. I can tell you for a fact Steeda has great customer service and like I said before their work is outstanding. They have kept me informed along the way as they have been performing the work and I intend on sending many of my fellow Mustang owners their way to get parts and work done. I give props to Chris, Gus, Todd, and last but definitely not least Matt who has been working on my car for the whole week.
Thanks for the opportunity to serve you!
Old 4/15/11, 04:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SlvrGT2011
Nice engine bay...

Agree 100% on Steeda's customer service. I ordered almost every suspension part from Don and Gus and some at Brenspeed, except sway bars, and getting wheels and Nittos today. Hoping to get it all installed soon.

Awesome stuff. After dropping 7k$ on suspension brakes wheels and tires I will be ready to rebuild the engine and may do a T56 swap. Wiseco is working on a 5.8L stroker kit that should work well with Boss intake. .
Old 4/20/11, 03:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by wproctor411
Nice engine bay...

Agree 100% on Steeda's customer service. I ordered almost every suspension part from Don and Gus and some at Brenspeed, except sway bars, and getting wheels and Nittos today. Hoping to get it all installed soon.

Awesome stuff. After dropping 7k$ on suspension brakes wheels and tires I will be ready to rebuild the engine and may do a T56 swap. Wiseco is working on a 5.8L stroker kit that should work well with Boss intake. .
Let us know how it turns out!
Old 4/21/11, 10:38 AM
Bullitt Member

CJ PP has the install kit here.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/FORD-BOSS...1-2012/p/IMK3/