Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Boss intake dyno numbers and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/11, 11:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I really really want one though but my brain's "glass half empty" negative mentality says that the day I put it on is the day that something goes wrong that's totally unrelated to the intake and I get screwed out of warranty service.

I'm not going to be taking my car to the track so it's not like the extra hp from the boss intake will be crucial to me enjoying the car on the road.

It's something I'm sure I will eventually have on the car at some point down the road though. The $ per HP ratio of the boss intake is nuts.

Originally Posted by FCMalie
At least you guys have your cars... I swear I need to lose my computer so I stop looking for stuff till I pick mine up. Not even sure how long I should wait to start tearing it apart and adding stuff.
negative. My fingers are crossed for a mid may delivery.. It'd be a nice birthday present (may 15th)

I do however have a pile of parts in the garage growing weekly...

Last edited by FastRedPonyCar; 4/7/11 at 11:07 AM.
Old 4/7/11, 11:07 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

At least you guys have your cars... I swear I need to lose my computer so I stop looking for stuff till I pick mine up. Not even sure how long I should wait to start tearing it apart and adding stuff.
Dude I know your pain. Its worth the wait.....

We started mod'ing my car at the dealer while I was signing the papers. My car was off the truck for 2 hours before it had the wheels swapped and I took delivery. I then drove 12.6 miles to Rehegan Racing (where I now work, but didnt then) and had them tear 90% of the stock suspension off the car that very day!!!! then I got it back (thursday) and took it to the dealer to have the new rear spoiler put on, then monday it went over to Roush's install center for the front fascia. Livernois Motorsport was later that week! LOL

Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
I do however have a pile of parts in the garage growing weekly...

I had so much **** for the car before it showed it up I had to start storing things at Rehagen!!!

Last edited by Stinger1982; 4/7/11 at 11:09 AM.
Old 4/7/11, 11:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
Dude I know your pain. Its worth the wait.....

We started mod'ing my car at the dealer while I was signing the papers. My car was off the truck for 2 hours before it had the wheels swapped and I took delivery. I then drove 12.6 miles to Rehegan Racing (where I now work, but didnt then) and had them tear 90% of the stock suspension off the car that very day!!!! then I got it back (thursday) and took it to the dealer to have the new rear spoiler put on, then monday it went over to Roush's install center for the front fascia. Livernois Motorsport was later that week! LOL
how has your dealer felt (if you've been back to them) about your power adding mods?
Old 4/7/11, 11:11 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
your killing me Gus, we are loading the toter home for Mid ohio right now, and now all I am thinking about is the extra 50hp up high on the back straight.............. d@mn you
LOL
Old 4/7/11, 11:11 AM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

edit
Old 4/7/11, 11:13 AM
Cobra Member

BTW, we have now officially released our 2012 tuning.
Old 4/7/11, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Yea, I am actually having the Steeda Q series hood and front fascia installed and painted before I take delivery of the car. Doing suspension, CAI, and exhaust within the first month. After that I have a cross country drive.... should be fun.
Old 4/7/11, 01:10 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good read Gus. I look forward to buying this intake and the cam tune from you very soon. Thanks for taking the time to talk today too.
Old 2/13/12, 09:00 AM

Will there be much or any power loss from a boss intake with a CAI, O/R X pipe? (tuned)