Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

blower related engine failure?

Search this Thread

Old 3/7/15, 11:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
blower related engine failure?

I continue to read articles about the Roush phase 1 and Magnacharger blowers for the 5.0. Has anybody read or seen any article about any engine failure related to a supercharger?

I can see that Roush offers a 3 year optional warranty for $479. I can't find the cost for a 3 year optional warranty for the Magnacharger though.

Edit: just saw Magnacharger's optional warrantry. 275 for 3 years and 475 for 5 years.

Last edited by dohc97; 3/7/15 at 11:14 AM.
Old 3/7/15, 11:28 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not heard of any failures to a car that was running a Roush supplied tune. I'm sure the Maggie is no different. If there is an optional warranty, you can reset assured that the tune is very conservative and has been tested by the manufacturer for countless hours. Roush actually offers warranty's on their phase 1, 2, and 3 kits now. The phase 3 only covers engine though, no diff or tranny. On the flip side, there are plenty of failures out there from those who were running custom tunes. Whether it was the tune or the power, who knows? But if you're looking to keep your motor in one piece and want the additional power, you cannot go wrong with one of the kits that comes with a warranty. I'm running a phase 1 Roush now, but just bought the phase 2 upgrade.
Old 3/7/15, 11:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by thegame
I have not heard of any failures to a car that was running a Roush supplied tune. I'm sure the Maggie is no different. If there is an optional warranty, you can reset assured that the tune is very conservative and has been tested by the manufacturer for countless hours. Roush actually offers warranty's on their phase 1, 2, and 3 kits now. The phase 3 only covers engine though, no diff or tranny. On the flip side, there are plenty of failures out there from those who were running custom tunes. Whether it was the tune or the power, who knows? But if you're looking to keep your motor in one piece and want the additional power, you cannot go wrong with one of the kits that comes with a warranty. I'm running a phase 1 Roush now, but just bought the phase 2 upgrade.
Well said. X2
Old 3/7/15, 11:44 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by dohc97
I continue to read articles about the Roush phase 1 and Magnacharger blowers for the 5.0. Has anybody read or seen any article about any engine failure related to a supercharger? I can see that Roush offers a 3 year optional warranty for $479. I can't find the cost for a 3 year optional warranty for the Magnacharger though. Edit: just saw Magnacharger's optional warrantry. 275 for 3 years and 475 for 5 years.
Yep that's why I got the magnacharger. That warranty is awesome. I love mine, and no failures that I know of from anyone. I love their product and customer service. Not made for big power, but very conservative and reliable. That's why I have them.
Old 3/7/15, 07:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
Your covered by the warranty as long as the blower is installed by???
Old 3/8/15, 04:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
Your covered by the warranty as long as the blower is installed by???
A ford dealer, or certified mechanic.
Old 3/8/15, 09:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think this might have just answered my post.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...wn-coyote.html
Old 3/8/15, 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Uh no it didn't. That thread has nothing in common with running a magna charger or Roush phase1 kit. That person made his first mistake by going to a hotter plug gapped further apart. And yes that could be the issue right there. That will damage a forced induction engine and very quickly. Detonation is the enemy and that can damage a stock naturally aspirated engine.

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Last edited by 2014GHIGGT; 3/8/15 at 11:19 AM.
Old 3/8/15, 01:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
I have not heard of any, but I'm sure a few have happened whether it was due to the supercharger or a bad internal part. Several stock engines have failed for one reason or another.
For those of us that are pushing the HP window are the ones you read about having engine failures.