Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Blow by racing tune

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/10, 05:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blow by racing tune

I just loaded the BBR mail order tune and it flat out rocks I'm running the 91oct tune and it has transformed my car into something out of this world.

before this tune I had the strategy tune that came with the Steeda CAI/X3 combo.I was impressed with this tune and it worked good with my other mods.It was a big difference from stock.

It pulled hard in all gears and just woke up the car compared to stock.

now today after loading the BBR tune all I can say is holy Sh#t this car just ripps.The throttle response is instant and I cant beleive how hard it pulls through the gears.

I also ordered a Brenspeed 91oct tune and I will compare it to the Blow by racing when I get it.

anybody thinking about a tune,for $50.00 this tune cannot be beat.I called this morning and gave them my info and ordered the tune.I received it same day and uploaded it to my SCT X3 and then to my car.If it sounds like I'm excited well I am I'll get it dynoed later just so I can see the numbers and check the A/F but for now I'm gonna just enjoy this monster
Old 8/26/10, 05:24 PM
GT Member

If the BBR tune is so much better than the Steeda tune, why order the Brenspeed also?

Please don't be like this guy, https://themustangsource.com/f800/my...m-tune-486841/

If you are spending the money and trying all of those tunes, please get dyno numbers to actually compare.

I couldn't care less about how your rectum tingles differently.
Old 8/26/10, 05:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have heard great things from a few people now about their tune so you are not the only one. Yes compare it to the Brenspeed and if you can dyno these tunes so we can put all this hp crap to rest.
Old 8/26/10, 07:33 PM
Bullitt Member

good lord Jet did you really have to go there?

let me clear a few things up for ya.I dont care about numbers period at this level of mods.I'm not spending money on dyno pulls to find out I've gained 3 or4 hp from one tune to the next.

I like the idea of having a couple different tunes I can run.If I supercharged or put a turbo on my car I would want to dyno for sure.

what is this obsession with numbers on a car with bolt on's? I realize there are people who would like to see numbers to help them decide on a combo/tune from a certain shop and thats cool.

I'll post up my reveiw of the Brenspeed tune and butt dyno results and anyone who does'nt want to read it can just ignore the post

Last edited by zilla8; 8/26/10 at 07:34 PM.
Old 8/26/10, 08:17 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by zilla8
good lord Jet did you really have to go there?

let me clear a few things up for ya.I dont care about numbers period at this level of mods.I'm not spending money on dyno pulls to find out I've gained 3 or4 hp from one tune to the next.

I like the idea of having a couple different tunes I can run.If I supercharged or put a turbo on my car I would want to dyno for sure.

what is this obsession with numbers on a car with bolt on's? I realize there are people who would like to see numbers to help them decide on a combo/tune from a certain shop and thats cool.

I'll post up my reveiw of the Brenspeed tune and butt dyno results and anyone who does'nt want to read it can just ignore the post
Well Said
Old 8/26/10, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

[QUOTE=zilla8;5937652]good lord Jet did you really have to go there?

A butt dyno review from a trusted source is more than welcome IMO...

You should stop by Irwindale one Thursday, it'd be awesome to compare slips from tune to tune.
Old 8/26/10, 08:46 PM
GTR Member

You don't need a dyno for comparison, just a drag strip.

Go run three runs down the track on each tune and that will tell volumes about how well they work and all it costs is some gas and the entry fee at the track.
Old 8/26/10, 09:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Man you guys are to much Here in California we dont have race tracks all over the place like in other parts of the country.

depending on where you live,tracks are a bit of a drive to get to.Thats not the issue with me though.I did plenty of racing 20-25 years ago and with this car I'm just enjoying having a quick street car that I can also drive across country if I want.

From what I've seen so far the stock clutch might not be up to all this abuse anyway.

super6 I'll have to get out to the Dale sometime,I'm surprised it has'nt been closed down like all the other tracks in Socal
Old 8/26/10, 09:21 PM
GTR Member

Man you guys are to much Here in California we dont have race tracks all over the place like in other parts of the country.

depending on where you live,tracks are a bit of a drive to get to.
super6 I'll have to get out to the Dale sometime,I'm surprised it has'nt been closed down like all the other tracks in Socal

I'd move.

Southern California used to be Mecca for car guys, now all they do is try to keep you down.

I couldn't stand to live there.

I don't even like to visit out there any more, used to be okay back in the 60's and early 70's.
Old 8/26/10, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

SoCal works for me... I wouldn't even think about another state unless we outlaw Mustangs...
Old 8/27/10, 01:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Yep California aint what it use to be but I'll take it
Old 7/18/11, 08:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you still using the BBR tune? I know this is an old thread but thought you could give some good feedback by now. Any issues, pro's/con's? I've narrowed it down to Bama and BBR, just haven't heard any reviews other than those that only used it for a few weeks.
Old 7/18/11, 09:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow I had no idea this thread was still alive lol

I no longer run the BBR tune because I'm supercharged now days and have a custom dyno tune.I had nothing but good smooth power with both BBR and Brenspeed 91oct tunes.

I ran the BBR tune for a good 6mo with no problems and If I ever go back to just CAI,exhaust I will load that BBR tune for sure.Things have come a long way with tunning now and you have more options and shops offering tunes.

I still think it would be hard to beat the tunes from BBR/Brenspeed but I've been keeping up with the progress with Bama,Lund,Livernois etc.
Old 7/18/11, 10:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Cool thanks for the feedback! I've been doing some research lately and all I'm finding is talk about warranty issues so I've been hesitant. I've read the BBR tune is no joke and pulls pretty hard. I'd love to get rid of that dead spot between 2-3k rpm and that annoying skip shift, although I've finally found a trick around it. I don't plan on taking it to the track anytime soon, just looking for an extra kick. All I have now is a k&n drop in. LMR has a good deal on the JLT carbon fiber CAI n tuner with BBR tune for $589. Would you recommend I go that route or would just the tuner be sufficient for the time being? Also was it your DD, if not would u say that tune would be ok for a DD?
Old 7/18/11, 10:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hytek
Cool thanks for the feedback! I've been doing some research lately and all I'm finding is talk about warranty issues so I've been hesitant. I've read the BBR tune is no joke and pulls pretty hard. I'd love to get rid of that dead spot between 2-3k rpm and that annoying skip shift, although I've finally found a trick around it. I don't plan on taking it to the track anytime soon, just looking for an extra kick. All I have now is a k&n drop in. LMR has a good deal on the JLT carbon fiber CAI n tuner with BBR tune for $589. Would you recommend I go that route or would just the tuner be sufficient for the time being? Also was it your DD, if not would u say that tune would be ok for a DD?
Off topic but was the k&n worth doing?
Old 7/18/11, 10:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx

Off topic but was the k&n worth doing?
I've noticed a little better avg mpg's and it feels like there's slightly better throttle response. Also my Roush's sound a little deeper, but that could just be because they're broke in more now.. not sure. Either way, I thought I'd try it for $50.

Last edited by Hytek; 7/18/11 at 10:58 PM.
Old 7/19/11, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

I think you guys are really doing the right thing by researching and planning mods carefully.If you go with the JLT or Steeda CAI and tune you will see a nice gain across the board.My car is a daily driver and when I had the BBR tune and CAI it ran smooth as stock untill you hit the throttle

with these mods you can return to stock in 15-20 min if you need to and if you decide to move on to more power you can sell those parts with no problem.

I think I would jump on that JLT/BBR combo and have some fun!!!!
Old 7/19/11, 03:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Cool I think I'm gonna do it then!
Old 7/21/11, 05:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
I'd move.

Southern California used to be Mecca for car guys, now all they do is try to keep you down.

I couldn't stand to live there.

I don't even like to visit out there any more, used to be okay back in the 60's and early 70's.
Yeah, they have their share of challenges but that is one hell of a beautiful place to live. I have been all up and down the coast-- the weather, the twisty roads, the hills, the redwoods, the friendly people, the Pacific ocean the women... I love California. I cant wait to visit again!
Old 7/21/11, 06:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I no longer run the BBR tune because I'm supercharged now days and have a custom dyno tune.I had nothing but good smooth power with both BBR and Brenspeed 91oct tunes.
Whoa! Are you still running the stock clutch??

Quick Reply: Blow by racing tune