Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Base Mustang Gt. What is it missing?

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/11, 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by homershoots

Where can I get a boss 302 wheel for $143? And leather for $299? Actually the stereo is not as big a deal as you may think with the metra double din faceplate kit (around $250) I'm saving up right now for the stereo for my base,gonna have cd DVD mp3 navi and tv all in one!
Wheel tousley ford in MN interior eBay - I'll find the links and post later.
Old 7/26/11, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by Gordo325

Wheel tousley ford in MN interior eBay - I'll find the links and post later.
Look at eBay item 180695856137 there's your OE interior for $299 free shipping. Tousley ford has the boss steering wheel for $143.73 but it's on national backorder til late august - 800-328-9552 talk to steve in parts and he'll put you on wait list
Old 7/26/11, 06:00 AM

Thanks gordo
Old 7/26/11, 06:11 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jaybertx
Some people are happy with it but if you're going to buy a base and then sink a bunch of money in upgrading the interior then why bother? Replacing the head unit is a giant PITA and unless you are going to do the work to replace the stereo, seats, steering wheel, etc yourself then why do it? It'll end up costing a lot more.
You may be right if someone was going to try and retrofit a bunch of 401A stuff, but if all someone cares about are the steering wheel and seats and they plan to upgrade those to Boss spec anyway, why would they buy the more expensive interior just to tear it out?

Originally Posted by Mikes5.0
Nothing the Only options you need are

Brembo pkg

Perfect car.

The only things Ill add are OEM Recaro seats and alcantara steering wheel.
You read my mind. If I were to get a 11/12 GT it would be a base with Boss wheel and seats. Perfect.
Old 7/26/11, 06:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 2012GT
I love my base GT. All go & no show.
Originally Posted by Omcar
I have a base model and would not swap it for a premium. To me it is what the car is all about. No extras, just go fast stuff.
Originally Posted by psipher
Base model is a blank canvas. Upgrade to the way you like it, that's why were here!
Originally Posted by fake
I may be old school, but IMO a Mustang is a muscle car and I could care less about all that luxury crap. If I wanted interior lights that change color, sync, navigation, shaker stero, etc.; I would have bought a BMW or some other fancy car. The only thing I would add to my base GT, is leather.

Brembo pkg

Perfect car.

The only things Ill add are OEM Recaro seats and alcantara steering wheel.
Thank GOD! You guys have restored my faith.
based on the interior thread that I started in the 10-14 forum, I thought there were very few of us.

I thought the Mustang owner base was going soft.

https://themustangsource.com/f726/do...terior-497553/
Old 7/26/11, 06:59 AM

Agreed so here is a picture of my black over black, '12 Base GT with three options: 3.73 gears, Brembo package, and all weather floor mats. In the picture is the $299 OE leather interior I installed. Black with white stitching. Easy to install following the youtube video.

Old 7/26/11, 01:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I've found the steering wheel but the Boss seats I have yet to find a confirmed price. Im also on the lookout for the Leguna Seca rear seat delete.

Last edited by Mikes5.0; 7/26/11 at 01:35 PM.
Old 7/26/11, 03:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX

Thank GOD! You guys have restored my faith.
based on the interior thread that I started in the 10-14 forum, I thought there were very few of us.

I thought the Mustang owner base was going soft.
I just don't understand your attitude. It's great that you are happy with the base car but how is wanting leather, heated seats, etc "going soft"? It's not like we're trading the niceties for a 4 cylinder engine riding on 14" wheels. The cars are beasts regardless.
Old 7/26/11, 09:51 PM
Bullitt Member

I just don't understand your attitude. It's great that you are happy with the base car but how is wanting leather, heated seats, etc "going soft"? It's not like we're trading the niceties for a 4 cylinder engine riding on 14" wheels. The cars are beasts regardless.
I agree. I don't feel like I went soft on the mustang either. Some like the base GTs and some like the goodies. I prefer the goodies since it's my daily driver. I still pull on 373s behind a beast like everyone else who's got one.
Old 7/27/11, 04:52 AM
V6 Member

Lol that my color **** was a little fruity for me to pay an additional 200 more a month for,and I've only read negative things on the forums of the shaker audio
Old 7/27/11, 06:09 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
It's just an opinion...you might have noticed that the internet is full of them.

Basically, it just feels good when other people see the world the same way you do. For me, the Mustang is a very good all around performance car in a very affordable package...and the star of the show is acceleration/cornering/braking of the vehicle...not fancy amenities. In my opinion, these options don't make for a better muscle/pony car and to some degree, subtract from what makes the car great.

Again, purely my opinion.

Regardless, sorry for the "going soft" comment... didn't mean to sound like a d-bag and it was meant in good humor.
Old 7/27/11, 05:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Gordo325
Agreed so here is a picture of my black over black, '12 Base GT with three options: 3.73 gears, Brembo package, and all weather floor mats. In the picture is the $299 OE leather interior I installed. Black with white stitching. Easy to install following the youtube video.

$299.00 for the two front seats and rear seats? Link to where I can order these leather seats?
Old 7/27/11, 06:10 PM

I found it on eBay. Search 2011 mustang leather. Free shipping too
Old 7/27/11, 07:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Brembo pkg

Perfect car.
This

13 yrs ago I ordered a base Formula M6 because I wanted the best performance bang for my buck. I did the same with my 2012 Mustang except I added the performance options this time around.
Old 7/31/11, 09:23 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MRGTX
It's just an opinion...you might have noticed that the internet is full of them.

Basically, it just feels good when other people see the world the same way you do. For me, the Mustang is a very good all around performance car in a very affordable package...and the star of the show is acceleration/cornering/braking of the vehicle...not fancy amenities. In my opinion, these options don't make for a better muscle/pony car and to some degree, subtract from what makes the car great.

Again, purely my opinion.

Regardless, sorry for the "going soft" comment... didn't mean to sound like a d-bag and it was meant in good humor.
I'm pretty sure we all sound like a d-bag to somebody.

I totally agree with what the mustang is about... raw power!

For me, it was either base with brembo/3.73 or every option out there...
...I went with a convertible, so I got all the "soft" options.

If I could afford a GT as my "toy" and just drag it or street/strip, the base is the only choice. I will say all the girls love the leather w/ the contrast stitching... you know, if you're into girls.

I don't think you can go wrong with the new mustangs, but I would have to upgrade the base seats to either Recaros or the premium leather seats.

Everything else is just fluff, but I haven't had any complaints.

Now, the last time I saw a recent GM interior, I thought it was from the late eighties... so at least we're not stuck arguing over that crappy of an interior.
Old 10/7/11, 05:43 PM

does 2011 base gt come with tubular headers and cold air intake
Old 10/7/11, 06:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by pajaro
does 2011 base gt come with tubular headers and cold air intake

Yes. Both the Base and Premium models have the same motor.
Old 10/8/11, 09:45 PM
GT Member

Base gt has everything I need including all season tires since its my dd. also went 12.043@116.84 with only sct canned tune and gt 500 axlebacks. Car is an a6 on the stock tires.
Old 1/29/12, 07:39 PM

Anybody know what weight difference there is between a base and typical premium optioned car? Probably not, but just curious. When I'm not feeling lazy I'll put my base GT on my scales, and I need to time it so it's either with a full fuel tank or on empty so I know how much fuel weight there is.
Old 1/29/12, 08:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Overtorqued
Anybody know what weight difference there is between a base and typical premium optioned car? Probably not, but just curious. When I'm not feeling lazy I'll put my base GT on my scales, and I need to time it so it's either with a full fuel tank or on empty so I know how much fuel weight there is.
16 gallons X 8lbs/gal = 128lbs of fuel

Quick Reply: Base Mustang Gt. What is it missing?