5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Autometer C2 Guage Install 2011 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/11, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Autometer C2 Guage Install 2011 5.0

I got the gauges & mounting pod. Now I need some help getting these installed. I want to add (electrical) water temp, oil temp and oil pressure on the Coyote but retain the factory idiot light faux gauges. This should be as simple as adding a tee or maybe a "Y" connector but have no clue as to what thread sizes are in the block.

Can anyone shed what was used to adapt?

My gauges are shown in the Boss Pod and fit good but I did have to grind down a couple of plastic nubs that kept the center bezel from fitting flush with the housing. I also realized the dash pad is not a separate piece so drilling the holes and running the wires should be fun too.

Here's a few more photos of the pod on my flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/specifi...7626802335389/
Old 7/8/11, 12:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks good. I have the boss pod as well but have not decided on what gauges to use yet. Id like to get two Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges but might just do like you and get some autometers.
Old 7/9/11, 02:03 PM
Cobra R Member

requires drilling of the dashboard? ouch. Do they make A pillar pods for the 11+ yet??
Old 7/9/11, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
requires drilling of the dashboard? ouch. Do they make A pillar pods for the 11+ yet??
Yes - Speed of Sound makes a nice one. Here is a pic of my triple with the Raptor claw (yet to be installed).

I don't have any problem drilling holes in the dash, the gauges will be a permanent fixture.
Old 7/10/11, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SpeedKing

Yes - Speed of Sound makes a nice one. Here is a pic of my triple with the Raptor claw (yet to be installed).

[URL]https://themustangsource.com/%20%20Uploaded%20with%20ImageShack.us

I don't have any problem drilling holes in the dash, the gauges will be a permanent fixture.
Is this the speedking from the busa boards??
Old 7/11/11, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by going for broke

Is this the speedking from the busa boards??
Nope. My two wheel rocket is a ZRX
Old 7/27/11, 09:36 PM

I will be finishing my install of Autometer Volt and Water Temp gauges along with my Aeroforce Interceptor tomorrow morning.

To do your setup, you will need:
  • Oil filter sandwhich adapter with 2 outlets for your Oil Pres. and Oil Temp. sensors - look them up for Ford as there are many vendors
  • For Water Temp., you will need Autometer Rad Hose Adapter which comes with a bung for the Water Temp. sending unit. I installed mine on the weekend with little issue - fit like a charm and looks clean installed with loom leading back to the cabin
I can post pics of the Water Temp unit tomorrow if you wish.

~Darren
Old 8/18/11, 07:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverStallion
I will be finishing my install of Autometer Volt and Water Temp gauges along with my Aeroforce Interceptor tomorrow morning.

To do your setup, you will need:
  • Oil filter sandwhich adapter with 2 outlets for your Oil Pres. and Oil Temp. sensors - look them up for Ford as there are many vendors
  • For Water Temp., you will need Autometer Rad Hose Adapter which comes with a bung for the Water Temp. sending unit. I installed mine on the weekend with little issue - fit like a charm and looks clean installed with loom leading back to the cabin
I can post pics of the Water Temp unit tomorrow if you wish.

~Darren
Darren, I would love to see the pictures.
Old 9/16/11, 04:40 PM
GT Member

Guys
I am installing Auto meter 3 gauge set up water, oil press and oil temp and I am trying to identify the correct wires to tap for switched 12v power and dash illumination. If anyone can identify the color and closest location to head light switch I would appreciate it.
Steve
Old 9/18/11, 10:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SpeedKing
I got the gauges & mounting pod. Now I need some help getting these installed. I want to add (electrical) water temp, oil temp and oil pressure on the Coyote but retain the factory idiot light faux gauges. This should be as simple as adding a tee or maybe a "Y" connector but have no clue as to what thread sizes are in the block.

Can anyone shed what was used to adapt?

My gauges are shown in the Boss Pod and fit good but I did have to grind down a couple of plastic nubs that kept the center bezel from fitting flush with the housing. I also realized the dash pad is not a separate piece so drilling the holes and running the wires should be fun too.

Here's a few more photos of the pod on my flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/specifi...7626802335389/
Can we get some finished install pictures? Are you running 6 different gauges now? How are they operating and stuff?