Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Anybody Here Have the Ford Racing Power Pack?

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/10, 05:24 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody Here Have the Ford Racing Power Pack?

Maybe I've been using the wrong search terms, but I can't find anyone who actually has the Ford Racing 2011 GT Power Upgrade Pack on their car and has written a review. The price seems okay, I'd probably get the mufflers anyway, it gets rid of skip-shift, gives better throttle response, puts out an extra 60 lb-ft down low, and comes with a warranty.

I also can't find a clear answer about what this does to your bumper-to-bumper and powertrain warranty. I'm interested in getting the Ford factory extended warranty and I wonder how it would affect that, too.
Old 12/28/10, 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is a nice price!

Is the ProCal tool able to adjust for different tire sizes, and make other adjustments like an SCT tool? Or is it just for loading the Ford Performance Tunes?

-subscribed-
Old 12/29/10, 12:38 PM
V6 Member

Bump for self interest.
Old 12/29/10, 04:39 PM
Cobra Member

im interested as well
Old 1/3/11, 01:09 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are a couple members here that have the tune. Big Papi, Timeless, and I believe at least one more but I can't remember
Old 1/4/11, 05:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
There are a couple members here that have the tune. Big Papi, Timeless, and I believe at least one more but I can't remember
I bought just the procal and air filter kit. You get a voucher with a serial number in the mail. Then you go to ford racing site and register the procal. They want the serial number on the voucher and your PCM code from your computer located by the radiator fill in the engine bay. I have not received the pro cal tool itself, it's been a week since I registered it, i might have to put a call into ford racing because they said 1-2 days after time of registration that you should receive the procal. My car is in storage anyway so I won't install till spring got a good deal at cj pony during Christmas week 325.00 free shipping. Look for the thread in the 2010+ forum area procal vs stock vs bam a tune. I'm having second thoughts they are running more dyno tests but it doesn't look good for procal. When the weather gets nice I just might take a day trip to American muscle and have them do their tune and cai when it comes out, they are 2 hours from me I think it would be cool to actually go there it's a mustang freaks equivalent to mt rushmore or niagra falls or something like that.

Paul
Old 1/4/11, 05:51 AM
Bullitt Member

I also have the ford racing tune. It is OK. I wouldnt call it a huge improvement. But throttle response is much better. You get a little more grunt down low in the RPM range and Skip shift is eliminated. It is good for someone who want a little better without sacrificing the warranty.

I have the 6M for what its worth.

I will probably get one of the other tunes sometime next year when my warranty is closer to ending Just to see the difference.

Not bad for the price though and the GT500 mufflers are perfect for me.
Old 1/4/11, 10:24 AM
Bullitt Member

The only dyno test I've seen so far shows the ProCal tool actually loses horsepower compared to stock, so.
Old 7/3/11, 07:55 PM

Any others with this upgrade?
Old 7/3/11, 10:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by KonaBlue5.0
The only dyno test I've seen so far shows the ProCal tool actually loses horsepower compared to stock, so.
Definatley not good.
Old 7/13/11, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the FRPP Pro Cal and K&N filter and my experience has been the same... Better throttle response, no skip shift, etc. I have only had it for about 2000 miles but I just ordered a steeda CAI and SCT tune because I'm installing a Boss intake manifold... Might be hard to compare because it will be so much different with all those mods at once...
Old 7/21/11, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

So, can I sell my pro cal now that I got an SCT tune... Or was it a one car deal? I also have a GT strut tower brace if anyone's interested..,
Old 7/22/11, 07:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Kona Blur
So, can I sell my pro cal now that I got an SCT tune... Or was it a one car deal? I also have a GT strut tower brace if anyone's interested..,
I don't know about the Pro Cal but you'll definitely be able to sell that brace.