Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Any Nitrous Experts Here? I know, It's a loaded Question.

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/17, 01:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Any Nitrous Experts Here? I know, It's a loaded Question.

I need some advice from anyone here knowledgable on adding a 100-150 Shot NOS system and it being safe/reliable/not blow up my engine.

My car: 2013 Mustang GT Premium, Auto/Trans, 3.15 gears.
Everything I've done to my car is on the bottom of my signature line.
Looking at Nitrous Express #20948-10, comes with 10lb bottle. How long does a 10lb bottle last and how much does it cost to refill it.
I have absolutely zero experience with NOS other than TV shows like Street Outlaws. I only want the extra power at the track street nights and it's a Hell of a lot cheaper than a Supercharger. Thanks Guy's.
Old 9/2/17, 05:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Nitrous is safe until it isn't. I've shot hundreds of pounds into many cars and bikes and, finally, I had a nitrous backfire a couple weeks back shooting 150 on E85. Blew up everything north of the cylinder heads and bent the hood bad.

**** happens, it's fixed now.

You'll want to not shoot right out of the hole if you are not stalled, that's what I was risking with my shot and I knew it. I had good luck with 100 on pump gas. Car went 11.4 at over 120. Otherwise stock with a slick tire.

It's a great power adder, despite the risks. The plate kit you're getting makes the manifold wet and that's why the risk of a nitrous backfire is there. Dry kits don't do this, typically but can be riskier for the engine.

Nitrous costs what it costs where you live. I's about 8 bucks a pound where I am. You'll get 5-6 hits out of it at 100.
The following users liked this post:
tourer (9/7/17)