Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

2012 mustang keeps going into limp mode

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/21, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 mustang keeps going into limp mode

I recently installed a 90mm TB (it was on sale) and ever since I installed the throttle body my car throws the wrench light then slows down and started acting crazy until i turn it off. Ive cleaned off sensors, done idle/throttle relearn and everything under the sun to try and get my car to normal and nothing is working.. HELP?
Old 9/3/21, 07:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Howdy! Welcome to the forums!

From your other (not yet as of this writing merged) thread:
Recently started installing mods i bought for my car, currently have the catback exhaust and throttle body installed.. after installing the throttle body ive noticed every time i go past 2rpms it throws the wrench and goes into limp mode, ive tried everything to fix this problem nothing is working and i don't understand why it keeps happening. Help?

The wrench light is invariably a problem the computer sees with the throttle body getting stuck/not working/not where it's supposed to be, so the quick solution is to put your old throttle body back on and it should solve itself, unless the wiring for the motor and sensor is no good to the computer somehow.

Further, the stock one is 80mm, and the new one being 90mm will also be a problem if you do not retune the computer to compensate. You can't just go throwing parts at these cars, they are programmed *just so*, and changing things on the intake side messes up the computer.

And then you bought it on screamBae. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it could be. Get what you pay for kind of thing. I probably would send it back and get these parts from a good source like Sum Mitt or Jigs or such like that. The reason is that a lesser quality part may not be moving as expected/at all, or the sensor is not reporting back correctly, and/or it's a knock off that looks the part because scam... and not even the seller knows it sometimes. I'm sure it's not the case here... ... but yeah. fleaBag is probably the last place I'd shop for parts except for those made of unobtainum. Amazoid is definitely a hit or miss thing in my opinion too. That said, if you *know* that part is a good one and the source is good, they can be helpful indeed, just more buyer beware is my deal with 'em.

From WAAAAAYYYYyyyyyy..... over here, that's what I see. I hope that helps, and good luck!

Last edited by houtex; 9/3/21 at 08:03 PM.
Old 9/3/21, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by houtex
Howdy! Welcome to the forums!

From your other (not yet as of this writing merged) thread:

The wrench light is invariably a problem the computer sees with the throttle body getting stuck/not working/not where it's supposed to be, so the quick solution is to put your old throttle body back on and it should solve itself, unless the wiring for the motor and sensor is no good to the computer somehow.

Further, the stock one is 80mm, and the new one being 90mm will also be a problem if you do not retune the computer to compensate. You can't just go throwing parts at these cars, they are programmed *just so*, and changing things on the intake side messes up the computer.

And then you bought it on screamBae. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but it could be. Get what you pay for kind of thing. I probably would send it back and get these parts from a good source like Sum Mitt or Jigs or such like that. The reason is that a lesser quality part may not be moving as expected/at all, or the sensor is not reporting back correctly, and/or it's a knock off that looks the part because scam... and not even the seller knows it sometimes. I'm sure it's not the case here... ... but yeah. fleaBag is probably the last place I'd shop for parts except for those made of unobtainum. Amazoid is definitely a hit or miss thing in my opinion too. That said, if you *know* that part is a good one and the source is good, they can be helpful indeed, just more buyer beware is my deal with 'em.

From WAAAAAYYYYyyyyyy..... over here, that's what I see. I hope that helps, and good luck!

my bad, and I figured it out, the tb spacer was blocking the plate on the inside of the tb && i got it from American muscle while it was on sale for 60% off, i got the issue fxed and retuned my car, all good now!
The following users liked this post:
Bert (9/7/21)
Old 9/4/21, 08:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Well, alrighty then, glad it's fixed!

I'm... not sure where I got the geeBae from... ... I need to go on a loooong ride on Ride and Awesome both... Soon(tm)...