Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

'11 Mustang GT Hellion Turbo Kit at MD Speed Shop!

Old 4/4/11, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'11 Mustang GT Hellion Turbo Kit at MD Speed Shop!

That's right a turbo kit will soon be available for your 2011 Mustang GT. The kit runs at six pounds of boost and produces a whopping 540 RWHP and 600 RWTQ!!! It features a 64mm Billet aluminum turbo wheel for ultra-fast spool times. A ball bearing upgrade is also available.

Call or PM me for turn-key packages. The kit is also available in a "tuner" version without injectors or a handheld tuner

Pics soon to follow.
Old 4/5/11, 10:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mystichris@MD
That's right a turbo kit will soon be available for your 2011 Mustang GT. The kit runs at six pounds of boost and produces a whopping 540 RWHP and 600 RWTQ!!! It features a 64mm Billet aluminum turbo wheel for ultra-fast spool times. A ball bearing upgrade is also available.

Call or PM me for turn-key packages. The kit is also available in a "tuner" version without injectors or a handheld tuner

Pics soon to follow.
Do you have a dyno sheet, I am curious about the torque curve.
Old 4/5/11, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor

They haven't officially released a dyno sheet yet, but as soon as I get my hands on one I'll post it up.
Old 4/5/11, 03:21 PM
Former Vendor

Pics
Attached Thumbnails '11 Mustang GT Hellion Turbo Kit at MD Speed Shop!-2011-gt-163.jpg   '11 Mustang GT Hellion Turbo Kit at MD Speed Shop!-2011-gt-019.jpg   '11 Mustang GT Hellion Turbo Kit at MD Speed Shop!-2011-gt-021.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by mystichris@MD; 4/5/11 at 03:23 PM.
Old 4/7/11, 05:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Woah!!!!!
Old 4/7/11, 07:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got a few buddies with 61mm twin hellion turbos in their sn95's. Hot **** those are quick! The single 64mm kicks *** too! Cant wait to see what sort of hell they unleash woth these new 5L engines
Old 4/7/11, 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing the dyno to take a look at the torque curve. Biggest thing I'm curious about though is what if any lag there is since they are only pushing about 6psi.
Old 4/7/11, 08:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Would you guys be able to briefly summarize the pro/con relationship between superchargers vs turbos? for me?
Old 4/7/11, 09:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I'll be completely honest in saying I don't know much about either. The biggest difference I know of is a supercharger is always providing boost, but since it is belt driven there is some "parasitic loss". All that really means is you are losing some power to turn the screws. With a turbo being spun by exhaust it takes a certain rpm to get it to spin enough to get any boost, time between pushing the gas and getting full boost from the turbo at least used to be referred to as "turbo lag". There tends to be more lag with the higher boost levels, 6 psi it shouldn't be bad. The bonus of the turbo is you tend to get a bit higher numbers at the tires pushing the same amount of boost as the supercharger.

Again I don't claim to be an expert on this and my facts might be off a bit, but those are pretty much the basics. If someone else wants to chime in that knows more feel free to correct me or add more.
Old 4/8/11, 07:27 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FCMalie
Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing the dyno to take a look at the torque curve. Biggest thing I'm curious about though is what if any lag there is since they are only pushing about 6psi.
Lag will be very minimal since it's a relatively small turbo and it has a lightweight billet aluminum turbo wheel for ultra-quick spool times.
Old 4/8/11, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FCMalie
I'll be completely honest in saying I don't know much about either. The biggest difference I know of is a supercharger is always providing boost, but since it is belt driven there is some "parasitic loss". All that really means is you are losing some power to turn the screws. With a turbo being spun by exhaust it takes a certain rpm to get it to spin enough to get any boost, time between pushing the gas and getting full boost from the turbo at least used to be referred to as "turbo lag". There tends to be more lag with the higher boost levels, 6 psi it shouldn't be bad. The bonus of the turbo is you tend to get a bit higher numbers at the tires pushing the same amount of boost as the supercharger.

Again I don't claim to be an expert on this and my facts might be off a bit, but those are pretty much the basics. If someone else wants to chime in that knows more feel free to correct me or add more.
Im no expert either but from my experience superchargers are easier to launch compared to turbos (at least centifugal supers are since they build power as the rpms climb) and turbos take some time to spool up. In a race even one second to hit the boost will cost you big distance. IMO id rather head down the supercharger road. Check out the vortech superchargers, highly reccomend em
Old 4/8/11, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Is this turbo drawing unfiltered air - I don't see a filter attached??
Old 4/8/11, 08:21 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MustangGTPilot
Is this turbo drawing unfiltered air - I don't see a filter attached??
Look at the last photo....
Old 4/9/11, 06:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEwis26
Look at the last photo....
I did and if that is the sum of filtering (I can only assume a small filter area under the black "cup") whilst sitting low to the ground and dust etc I don't think I'd like that feeding my motor!
Old 4/9/11, 06:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Most turbo systems filter air pretty well. But then again i guess it depends where you have em at. Down in the lower fascia i dont think it would be too much of a problem really but idk for sure
Old 4/9/11, 06:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MustangGTPilot

I did and if that is the sum of filtering (I can only assume a small filter area under the black "cup") whilst sitting low to the ground and dust etc I don't think I'd like that feeding my motor!
I think it's just the angle of the photo. Im assuming it would be a standard sized cone filter, like most turbo systems.
Old 4/11/11, 04:27 AM

Any pics of the oil feed/ return line? Does this system require a oil return pump with the bearing cartridge being mounted so low in the front bumper?
Old 4/11/11, 04:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doesn't look like the intercooler is going to be getting airflow.
Old 4/11/11, 10:05 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 5otooSl0
Any pics of the oil feed/ return line? Does this system require a oil return pump with the bearing cartridge being mounted so low in the front bumper?
I've confirmed with Hellion that they are using an oil scavenging pump that pumps to the driver side valve cover.
Old 4/11/11, 11:00 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Doesn't look like the intercooler is going to be getting airflow.
I know there has been a lot of controversy about the location of the intercooler. I spoke with Hellion briefly about this.

They said the reason for the intercooler being located there is because the consensus from 2011 owners was that they wanted a turbo kit that didn't require cutting up the front bumper on their brand new car. The intercooler can be lowered very easily, but will require cutting off the lower valence. With a turbo kit running six pounds of boost the heat levels are low anyway.

Hellion also mentioned that where the intercooler is located is pretty much industry standard on any air-to-air forced induction system for the S197 chasis.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '11 Mustang GT Hellion Turbo Kit at MD Speed Shop!