Notices
4.6L GT Modifications Place to discuss the 4.6L 2010 motor based modifcations.

Tuning with Lito Question

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/22, 02:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Tuning with Lito Question

I just received my first tune file from Lito and really looking forward to the end result. My question is that he said he needs an idle log and that "car should be drivable but tune can be off". For you guys who have tuned with Lito already, is he instructing that I send a data log of my stock tune in idle? Or should I send the data log of my car with the tune he sent me? Just want to make sure I do the correct operation here.

I've reached out to Lito with this question too but given it's Sunday I am sure he most likely won't reply which is understandable but I am looking to start logging today lol.

Thanks for any help!

>>> UPDATE --- Lito responded today guys, I'm good to go!

Last edited by ZManTN; 3/13/22 at 02:57 PM.
Old 3/14/22, 05:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,547 Likes on 1,060 Posts
thanks for the update, good to hear you are all set . . . I was going to say "just follow the instructions that he provides, and you'll be good" . . . pretty sure he wants a data log with his first tune in the car, because a datalog with a different tune wouldn't tell anything about his tune
Old 3/29/22, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im in boat

Originally Posted by ZManTN
I just received my first tune file from Lito and really looking forward to the end result. My question is that he said he needs an idle log and that "car should be drivable but tune can be off". For you guys who have tuned with Lito already, is he instructing that I send a data log of my stock tune in idle? Or should I send the data log of my car with the tune he sent me? Just want to make sure I do the correct operation here.

I've reached out to Lito with this question too but given it's Sunday I am sure he most likely won't reply which is understandable but I am looking to start logging today lol.

Thanks for any help!

>>> UPDATE --- Lito responded today guys, I'm good to go!

What was the next step? I’m stuck now too lol did you download the files he sent then data logged ?
Old 3/30/22, 06:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,547 Likes on 1,060 Posts
As I recall --- he sends you a starting tune file, you load that into your tuner and then to the car, then you do a first-run datalog and send him the datalog file; then he will adjust the tune (if needed) and repeat the process, until it is dialed in. Usually takes only one or two or three tries because he has it pretty close on the first one. The details on how to do this depend on your tuner device, but I believe he provides some key info such as the datalog configuration file and links to the tuner documentation.
The following users liked this post:
ZManTN (3/30/22)
Old 3/30/22, 09:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I am assuming the instructions Lito sent you are the same he sent me but double check to be sure. My car was stock with an axle back exhaust and that's it.

So assuming his instructions are the same as mine, you'll need to transfer his tune file that he emailed you to your tuner device through the Device Updater software. You have to save the tune file to your laptop and then pull it from your laptop through Device Updater and onto your device tuner. Once that tune is transferred on to your tuner device (mine is a SCT Rev X), then you need to hook up your tuner to your car and also a laptop.
On the laptop you need to run the Livelink software and upload Lito's config file that he emailed you. You'll do that through the 'load config' button on Livelink. Once you have that config file on your laptop in Livelink, you can then follow the rest of his instructions. Basically, once the laptop is set and ready to go, you will then want to program your tuner device with Lito's tune file that you transferred from Device Updater. Once his tune file is uploaded and programmed to your car, you can then record an idle log (if that's the order he gave you in the instructions).

I hope that is helpful.
The following users liked this post:
Bert (3/30/22)