Notices
Sterling Gray Sterling Gray 2010+ Mustangs

Charcoal Black vs. Saddle

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/12, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charcoal Black vs. Saddle

About to place my order for my 2013 and am down to my last choice which is the interior color.....

I would assume the charcoal black is the more popular option but was wondering if those that opted for the saddle are happy with their choice. It does seem like it would be a more unique option and the 2013 convertible looks like the saddle leather might be a bit darker now too which imo looks really good with the sterling gray.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....mustang-la.jpg
Old 2/23/12, 03:14 PM

Yes Im happy - Everyone has black for gods sake - plus these dont burn your *** up in the summer lol.
Old 2/23/12, 03:24 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think they need to offer a medium gray - for the Deep Impact Blue.

(but they won't)
Old 2/23/12, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Giantmonkey
Yes Im happy - Everyone has black for gods sake - plus these dont burn your *** up in the summer lol.
Yeah that look is quite good to me.... also on a related note. Is that the standard tinting or did you get a darker tint put on? In talking with the salesman he said they can tint the front windows to match the rear for $100. I was going to do that but was curious if that is how dark they would be or if you got them tinted darker?
Old 2/23/12, 04:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ This
Attached Thumbnails Charcoal Black vs. Saddle-10-mustang-int-saddel.jpg  

Last edited by cinque35; 2/23/12 at 04:26 PM.
Old 2/23/12, 07:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Two-tone always better than one-tone, doncha think?
Old 2/23/12, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Saddle all the way! I really wanted black when I was looking but I found the car I wanted on the lot it was saddle so I just decided I would change it to black myself. After seeing it for a while I ended up liking it more and all black just seems too ... all black ... and the saddle gives it character. But then again its what you like that makes it your own.
Old 2/23/12, 07:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Not to get off subject here but what kind of wax do you use. Car looks great.
Old 2/23/12, 09:30 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
IMO, Saddle, hands-down. I get more compliments on my Saddle leather interior than anything else. Such a rich, tasteful look. It was the only way I would purchase the car. And it looks awesome on the door inserts, too. Congrats on your upcoming new car!

Last edited by PJRManagement; 2/23/12 at 09:33 PM.
Old 2/23/12, 09:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

It looks way too cowboy for me.
Old 2/24/12, 12:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I did the all dark charcoal for four years on my 08 and changed the seats from cloth to 2010 charcoal leather with white stitching. I found my newer 2010 with saddle and I like the contrast and richer less stark look. I think saddle looks very good in a sterling gray car.
Old 2/24/12, 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
IMO, Saddle, hands-down. I get more compliments on my Saddle leather interior than anything else. Such a rich, tasteful look. It was the only way I would purchase the car.
I was wondering why your interior looked a little different. More "wrinkly" leather (probably more actual leather) and different stitching. Then I saw your sig, "custom Katzkin saddle leather".

Did you have this done through the dealer because they couldn't find one for you?

By the way jagowar, I have a Sterling/Saddle '11 GT. I ordered it that way because I thought it would look a little "old school" and more unique. Happy with it for sure, but also think the black looks good with Sterling too. Before I bought mine I rented a Sterling '10 for a week with Stone interior. That was really classy but I thought it may be hard to keep-up. I often think that the Stone car felt more "upscale" than mine does.

Anyway, choose what you like, it's only your decision. Either way, you'll be happy with the car!
Old 2/24/12, 11:55 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by jagowar
About to place my order for my 2013 and am down to my last choice which is the interior color.....

I would assume the charcoal black is the more popular option but was wondering if those that opted for the saddle are happy with their choice. It does seem like it would be a more unique option and the 2013 convertible looks like the saddle leather might be a bit darker now too which imo looks really good with the sterling gray.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....mustang-la.jpg
When I ordered my 2012 I was considering Lava Red or Saddle.
I went with Saddle and I'm very happy with that decision. I get
lots of complements on the choice. The last picture for some
reason make it look more orange than it really is.
Attached Thumbnails Charcoal Black vs. Saddle-100_1756.jpg   Charcoal Black vs. Saddle-100_1761.jpg   Charcoal Black vs. Saddle-100_1763.jpg  
Old 2/24/12, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by jeff s
I was wondering why your interior looked a little different. More "wrinkly" leather (probably more actual leather) and different stitching. Then I saw your sig, "custom Katzkin saddle leather".

Did you have this done through the dealer because they couldn't find one for you?

By the way jagowar, I have a Sterling/Saddle '11 GT. I ordered it that way because I thought it would look a little "old school" and more unique. Happy with it for sure, but also think the black looks good with Sterling too. Before I bought mine I rented a Sterling '10 for a week with Stone interior. That was really classy but I thought it may be hard to keep-up. I often think that the Stone car felt more "upscale" than mine does.

Anyway, choose what you like, it's only your decision. Either way, you'll be happy with the car!
-------------------
Yes, sir, your detective skills are correct. I wanted Race Red with Saddle interior, on a GT Premium. I went in to the dealer (who were great, by the way) in Oct 2011, pretty sure I would order a 2012. Well, a near-perfect Race Red model, fully loaded, was on the lot, but it was a 2011. So my brain starts jumping at the chance to make a deal on this car because it is the dealer's only 2011 remaining, and I know they wanted it off their lot. So one of my caveats in the 'deal' was to replace the Black interior with Saddle. I would have been happy with Ford stock, but they preferred to do a custom all-leather install, with Katzkin leather, including the door panel inserts. This is a significant upgrade over Ford stock, beautifully done, and very soft leather, front and rear. At car shows everyone wants to touch it. I simply love the interior, it is so rich and comfortable. Thanks for noticing! Also, let's see pics of your Sterling/Saddle combination!
Old 2/24/12, 10:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow, I'm surprised the dealer would do that, rather than just change some seat covers. Glad they made you happy.

Never attempted to post any pics before, but since you asked, now is as good a time as any to give it a try. Here goes.

Charcoal Black vs. Saddle-int.jpg

Charcoal Black vs. Saddle-ext.jpg

That was easy!
Old 2/25/12, 04:02 PM

There's something special about the Sterling/Saddle combination, I can't put my finger on it, but, IMO, it is a terrific combination (that's probably why Ford uses that combo in their 2013 new GT launch convertible car). Yours looks great! On a different note, I see you went rear-spoiler-delete. I just installed a GT500 rear wing (thread link below), and I love it. I just came back from Cars & Coffee Car Show, here this morning, and, in addition to the normal accolades for my interior, I must have gotten a dozen 'wows!' on the new rear wing. You ever consider it?
https://themustangsource.com/f802/gt...carbon-505356/
Old 2/26/12, 07:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
The contrast of saddle (or the lave red I saw also in someone else's SG) looks great against the body color!
Old 2/26/12, 10:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
The contrast of saddle (or the lave red I saw also in someone else's SG) looks great against the body color!
red, and saddle looks good .
Old 2/26/12, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm loving my sterling gray with black and lava. I think both the saddle and lava are a nice change of pace and add a little flare to the interior. Sterling gray isn't a flashing color but when you open the door the lava really pops!
Attached Thumbnails Charcoal Black vs. Saddle-image-1929202922.jpg   Charcoal Black vs. Saddle-image-1319989235.jpg  
Old 2/26/12, 05:09 PM

Nice! I have not seen that combo.

Quick Reply: Charcoal Black vs. Saddle