Notices
Red Candy Red Candy 2010+ Mustangs

Exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/12, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust ?

So I'm narrowing down exhausts and I'm torn between the borla atak or the roush for my V6 2013 it's not a 50-50 I'm like 60-40 toward the roush any opinions ?
Old 8/22/12, 07:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey I've also been debating these for a while now but I think I've found the mrt exhaust sounds the best at least for my likings so I'll be going with that here soon
Old 8/22/12, 09:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Hey I've also been debating these for a while now but I think I've found the mrt exhaust sounds the best at least for my likings so I'll be going with that here soon
I will give that one a look thanks
Old 8/22/12, 10:15 PM
V6 Member

I was torn between the exact same thing... Ended up completely different went with pypes pipe bombs and LOVE them!!!
Old 9/7/12, 11:37 AM
GT Member

Ordered the SLP exhaust two days ago. Can't wait!
Old 10/6/12, 01:10 PM
GT Member

Installed the SLP exhaust about a month ago. It is loud! Got some info for the installation process.

1. You will definitely need two people for the install.

2. The rear hangers will have to be bent to keep the rubber bushing extended directly down.

3. Ensure that the exhaust hangers on each exhaust near the front of the vehicle do not touch the base of the hanger holder.

The lather is very important because it causes a squeaking noise once the pipes heat up. Everytime I made an adjustment that I thought would fix the problem, the squeak would return after approximately 20 minutes of driving. I found that the rubber coating that is on the hanger mount of the vehicle gets soft as heat accumulates causing the exhaust hanger to make metal to metal contact - hence the result of the noise. I had to pry the hangers to separate them from the mounts. I used a small pipe to get leverage on the rear exhaust hangers (to extend downward) and a small/medium pry bar to adjust the front hanger from the mount. The drivers side exhaust was my greatest challenge.

All in all, the installation was not that bad but the instructions were made for those who have experience.

Be careful - there is a lot of drone! Especially when in 6th gear (while trying to conserve gas) and at 50-70 MPH. If you had a bad day at the office, you will have a headache on the way home. The good news is these things will talk when you press the gas at 3000 grand and above - especially in built up areas. Cars competing for space will definitely be alarmed and think twice before infringing upon your territory.

As the motorcyclist say, "loud pipes (do). Save lives".