Notices
Kona Blue Kona Blue 2010+ Mustangs

Some updated pics...

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/11, 04:33 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Some updated pics...

Here's Marilyn, sporting her new springs. FRPP K. Love the new stance... mix that in with Kona,

Also detailed with 2 coats of Fuzion, of course

Last edited by FromZto5; 12/29/11 at 07:38 AM.
Old 12/28/11, 07:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
man I love that color. Nice shots
Old 12/28/11, 08:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheres the car? All i see is blue paint....

lol, jk that's one serious mirror finish!

Sweet 5.0
Old 12/28/11, 08:16 PM
GT Member

Wow that looks so nice !
Old 12/28/11, 10:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alright stop dude...you're making me feel like I'm neglecting my car. No seriously, she looks beautiful! I'm going to have to try that fuzion stuff. Are you using a buffer or good ol' elbow grease?
Old 12/29/11, 05:01 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Glenn
man I love that color. Nice shots
Thanks Glenn...coming from you, that means a lot. Where's shots of yours?

Originally Posted by theACE
Wheres the car? All i see is blue paint....

lol, jk that's one serious mirror finish!

Sweet 5.0
Originally Posted by dwtc
Wow that looks so nice !
LOL... thanks much guys.

Originally Posted by Hytek
Alright stop dude...you're making me feel like I'm neglecting my car. No seriously, she looks beautiful! I'm going to have to try that fuzion stuff. Are you using a buffer or good ol' elbow grease?
Hytek, thank you so much for the compliments. Yeah, not sure if you knew, but detailing is my background. I used to run my own detailing business... so a mirror, swirl-free, finish is a MUST for me. In fact, it's my "fetish".

As for what I did to my car, it was 99% swirl free from factory (if you recall my thread about when I got my car a month ago), then I lightly polished it with a PC DA buffer using white pad (light cut) in some spots, then gray pad rest of the car... polishing liquids were Menzerna power finish and then super finish.

After that, the following LSP's (last step product) were used:
Chemical Guys Black Light
Chemical Guys Pete's 53
Chemical Guys Hybrid V7
Dodo Juice Supernatural
then a slab or two of Pinnacle Souveran (that's all worn off by now...)
then 2 coats of Wolfgang Fuzion.

Someone asked me to post a thread on detailing... I still have to find a time to do that... maybe I will do that now... lol...
Old 12/29/11, 05:40 AM
GT Member

Old 12/29/11, 05:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice!
Old 12/29/11, 07:34 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by hellogreg
Originally Posted by Scrape
Nice!
Thx guys
Old 1/3/12, 03:04 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Nice. When I see photos like this it almost makes me want to remove my stripes. Almost. Too bad the BBP wheels aren't available in 10" wide.

Old 1/4/12, 10:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Hytek, thank you so much for the compliments. Yeah, not sure if you knew, but detailing is my background. I used to run my own detailing business... so a mirror, swirl-free, finish is a MUST for me. In fact, it's my "fetish".
I didn't know that, that's awesome! I bet you had a ton of repeat customers.
Old 1/4/12, 11:44 AM
Cobra Member

Missed a spot!

Old 1/4/12, 12:14 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Hytek
I didn't know that, that's awesome! I bet you had a ton of repeat customers.
Originally Posted by LEwis26
Missed a spot!

HAHA... very funny guys. You're not the first person to tell me that joke
Old 1/4/12, 12:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LEwis26
Missed a spot!

those are almost fighting words
Old 4/24/12, 06:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
On a black car, would using the Chemical Guys Black Light and then the V7 give a great deep shine and can I apply easily by hand? If by hand is a foam applicator better than the microfiber applicators? Also, I have an issue with smudges, etc when waxing...don't notice it in garage until i pull it out in sun...am I using too much wax? How do I apply by hand and only use a dab...seems like I have to use more to get it to spread out? And does applying by hand cause the spider web/swirls? For some reason I got the feeling that applying waxes and then buffing the wax off would cause them so I thought I would just use spray waxes and apply more often since they don't last very long, but i thought that way i would not be buffing a coating of wax off and causing swirls, etc.

Any help appreciated. By the way up to 1300 miles..not too bad considering I picked it up October 28th.
Old 4/24/12, 07:26 AM
Cobra Member

I guess my real question is...on a brand new black car will any wax/sealnt etc really make it shine over another? Am I going to see all that big if a difference.
Old 4/24/12, 07:31 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by JCStang
I guess my real question is...on a brand new black car will any wax/sealnt etc really make it shine over another? Am I going to see all that big if a difference.
Yes. Black will show everything you do to it. Some products will show differently. I can definitely notice a difference when I use the turtle wax black. Just find a product that you like and keep it up. Be really careful when washing. Two bucket, grit guard, power blower for drying. Whatever you can do to not rub any grit into the finish while washing and drying.
Old 4/24/12, 08:21 AM
BB3
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Here's Marilyn, sporting her new springs. FRPP K. Love the new stance... mix that in with Kona,

Also detailed with 2 coats of Fuzion, of course
Your car looks absolutely fantastic, FromZto5. WOW!!! I just had to let you know.----Bill
Old 4/24/12, 08:40 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah, his car ALWAYS looks great.....would hate to park next to him anywhere!!!!
Old 4/24/12, 09:27 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
those are almost fighting words
LOL... I didn't see this reply till 3 months later. Sorry

Originally Posted by JCStang
On a black car, would using the Chemical Guys Black Light and then the V7 give a great deep shine and can I apply easily by hand? If by hand is a foam applicator better than the microfiber applicators? Also, I have an issue with smudges, etc when waxing...don't notice it in garage until i pull it out in sun...am I using too much wax? How do I apply by hand and only use a dab...seems like I have to use more to get it to spread out? And does applying by hand cause the spider web/swirls? For some reason I got the feeling that applying waxes and then buffing the wax off would cause them so I thought I would just use spray waxes and apply more often since they don't last very long, but i thought that way i would not be buffing a coating of wax off and causing swirls, etc.

Any help appreciated. By the way up to 1300 miles..not too bad considering I picked it up October 28th.
Hey JC... wow, so many questions lol... let me try to answer them as best I can.

You can apply any last step protection (LSP) by hand or by machine. My preferred method is, any liquids, I apply via my PC/buffer/red pad (no cut). Any solid pastes, I apply by hand. Scratches and swirls are caused by abrasive substances that come into contact with your paint. Abrasive substances can be dirt, dust, debris, even rough fibered Microfiber towels and applicator pads can cause marring, if not used properly (i.e. dirty, press too hard, etc). Common sense is all that is needed to prevent swirling and scratching.

Btw, I know you are all ready to use your Blacklight and V7 to detail your car and make it look good, but first you need to focus on PREPPING your paint for those LSP's. Remember, SURFACE PREPARATION accounts for 90 - 95% of a car's overall LOOK. In other words, using those products will do you NO good if your paint is dirty, rough, and scratched. Grab a sandwich baggy, put your hand in it, then glide it across your paint surface. I'm betting 1 million bucks it feels rough and gritty. You need to clay bar paint about 2x a year. Spring and Fall. It's like painting the Mona Lisa on a dirty/used canvas. You can have the best artist (was it Da Vinci or MichelAngelo? I forget lol... but you get the idea), with the best tools, and the best skills, but if the canvas was rough, used, torn, dirty, etc.... you wouldn't be able to appreciate the Mona Lisa, would you?

Same thing with paint. Focus on correction/surface prep first. Wash your car. Clay your car. Correct your car (via buffer/pc/flex/etc). Glaze your car. Seal your car. Wax your car.

btw, using a spray wax versus a paste or liquid wax makes no difference in whether or not you are scratching your paint or what not... read above. It's all in what comes into contact to your paint. LSP's do NOT cause scratches/swirls. It's how it's USED.

Last edited by FromZto5; 4/24/12 at 09:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Some updated pics...