Kona Blue Kona Blue 2010+ Mustangs

my mustang has FINALLY arrived! hello from a total newbie

Search this Thread

Old 8/29/11, 09:35 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my mustang has FINALLY arrived! hello from a total newbie

hi y'all!

on friday august 26 I finally took delivery of my 2012 mustang GT. I have ordered it in early december 2010 and it is a so called "eurasia" model, produced for europe and asia where the mustang is not officially sold. they have km/h speedometer and the radio is also on our frequencies. the wait has been quite a pain as I did not know for a long time if the the production will be even further delayed or even cancelled as the worst case. the reason for this is that the demand for mustangs in the home market USA increased and so ford postponed or cancelled some orders from overseas.

however, I am very happy to finally have my car and you can't believe how much I love it! this is not only my first mustang, it's also my first V8 powered car and my first american car. all in all it's my 3rd car after an opel kadett (german GM division) and a classic mini cooper. the mini made 63 HP...so you can imagine I'm not used at all to a car as powerful as the new mustang GT. now I can really say, nothing compares to an american V8!

I have to say, the car drives and handles like a dream and I couldn't be happier! I instantly knew I made the absolut right decision with it. I also considered the camaro and the challenger but soon figured out the mustang is by far the best product of them all.
I have some good friends in tennessee and I visit them often, the southern USA are my favorite holiday destination. last time I visited as in june 2011 and my friend and I happend to find out that borla actually has their manufactory plant in the home town of my friends (johnson city)! we went out there, I ordered my touring mufflers straight form the factory and we even got a little tour and saw some of their project cars and stuff. awesome!
here the law is so strict that in order to make the mustang street legal, the stock exhausts have to be made even more quiet..so the cars make no sound at all anymore. now with the borla mufflers, my stang just sounds phenonomal, they are exactly what I wanted. most of the time I drive with the stereo off and the windows open

here are a few pics, will post more as soon as possible.
my greetings go out to all members of this forum, all americans and southerners in particular, thanks for making me feel so good and welcome again and again in the country that has become my second home.
Attached Thumbnails my mustang has FINALLY arrived! hello from a total newbie-img_3364.jpg   my mustang has FINALLY arrived! hello from a total newbie-img_3365.jpg   my mustang has FINALLY arrived! hello from a total newbie-img00217-20110826-1930.jpg  
Old 8/29/11, 09:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm very happy for you! That was a great write-up. Sweet pics!!
Old 8/29/11, 09:56 AM

Great looking car!

Believe it or not, I saw your car in person, sitting in the showroom at the dealer.

I will pick up mine tomorrow. Can't wait...
Old 8/29/11, 09:57 AM
V6 Member

Congratulations! Must be nice having such a unique car in Switzerland. Thanks for buying American.

Last edited by hein; 8/29/11 at 09:59 AM.
Old 8/29/11, 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

GORGEOUS! Kona Blue is my favorite color on the new Stang. Congratulations. I see you have the Brembo package, what else did you get?
Old 8/29/11, 10:19 AM
V6 Member

thanks all for the nice comments so far!
haha swissGT, that is so cool, the world suddenly becomes so small! the told me they got lots of compliments for my car. herzlichi gratuliation zu dim auto, wirsch gseh es isch en absolute traum! bin sicher du freusch dich so fest wie ich mich di ganz ziit gfreut han
@hein: you're welcome, one of the reasons for me buying a mustang was actually to support the american economy.
@reminisce: lots of stuff, I have listed it in my profile..
Old 8/29/11, 06:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Now there are TWO GTs in Switzerland. Suddenly it's not so rare!

Enjoy the cars guys!
Old 8/29/11, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by paesce
hi y'all!

on friday august 26 I finally took delivery of my 2012 mustang GT. I have ordered it in early december 2010
Everytime somebody posts a thread crying about waiting 2 months for their car, this should be an auto responder.

Congrats!
Old 8/29/11, 06:33 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
We're being invaded by Switzerland! I thought you guys were neutral?

Congrats, it must be a cool feeling to have a car like that in a place where they're not seen on every corner. Bet you get a lot of attention riding in that.
Old 8/29/11, 09:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congrats! Great choice on color!
Old 8/29/11, 09:58 PM

Congrats!

How do the local "ladies" like your car?
Old 8/30/11, 03:25 PM
V6 Member

thanks everyonce for their comments!
the car is already really popular with my friends and that includes female friends, the feedback I noticed so far is that the people get really excited about it and most girls I know want me to take them for a ride.
Old 8/30/11, 09:25 PM

Congrats! You're dedicated waiting that long...I got tired of waiting for mine after 2 months and went and bought one off of the lot.

Enjoy!
Old 8/30/11, 10:27 PM
V6 Member

Very cool, Congrats!
Old 8/30/11, 11:24 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much is gas selling for in Switzerland?

Figure that has to be the toughest thing about owning that car over there.
Old 8/31/11, 02:19 PM
V6 Member

well in the last couple of days gas has become cheaper again. when I calculate it with the current exchange, gas now is about 8 dollars per gallon.
Old 8/31/11, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great looking car!! At $8 a gallon I'm pretty sure I'd be riding my bike everywhere . . .
Old 9/1/11, 01:10 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 9/1/11, 08:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by paesce
well in the last couple of days gas has become cheaper again. when I calculate it with the current exchange, gas now is about 8 dollars per gallon.
Ouch! I'm going to remember that when I fill up so I don't get so mad at Chicago gas prices.
Old 9/1/11, 12:57 PM
V6 Member

haha...alright. well I have to say at the moment in city driving the display is mostly indicating mileages of like 11-12 mpg. and this even though I'm trying to keep the rpm's low al the time since I'm also want to break the car in decently. but I guess this is just because it's so new and will get better after some time, right?

Quick Reply: my mustang has FINALLY arrived! hello from a total newbie