Notices
Kona Blue Kona Blue 2010+ Mustangs

My HDR attempts

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/12, 09:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My HDR attempts

Well...my first attempts at HDR photography...today was a very overcast day but I went ahead and took some shots around my town and driveway...look forward to taking some late afternoon shots as the sun is setting
Attached Thumbnails My HDR attempts-mustang-coke2.jpg   My HDR attempts-0-mustang-natural-vibrant.jpg   My HDR attempts-mustang-b-w-fuzzy.jpg   My HDR attempts-0-mustang-dramatic-vibrant.jpg   My HDR attempts-0-mustang-hdr.jpg  

Old 3/18/12, 10:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice job! In that last pic the paint almost looks like its liquid. I need to get me one of those cameras.
Old 3/18/12, 10:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
Nice job! In that last pic the paint almost looks like its liquid. I need to get me one of those cameras.
Thanks!!

If you curious...I'm using a Canon EOS 40D digital SLR...the camera allows me to "bracket' the subject I'm taking a picture of...basically, you use the camera to take 3 to 5 shots at different exposure levels...then you have to use software to "merge" the different levels. Using this technique allows the user to enhance the color found in the picture...I love how the yellow and red in my Coke shot really pops1...anyway, using software, you can create different effects...hopes this helps...Lou

btw, I LOVE those wheels you have on your Mustang...I'm so tempted to order a set!!

Last edited by Lou_n_Ada; 3/18/12 at 10:19 PM.
Old 3/18/12, 10:20 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Very nice
Old 3/19/12, 06:30 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Dang Lou!!!! Those shots look awesome! And this is your first time? You sure? . Looks fantastic. Maybe i should stop giving tips to everyone...LOL. kidding

So what software are you using?
Old 3/19/12, 09:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Lou_n_Ada

Thanks!!

If you curious...I'm using a Canon EOS 40D digital SLR...the camera allows me to "bracket' the subject I'm taking a picture of...basically, you use the camera to take 3 to 5 shots at different exposure levels...then you have to use software to "merge" the different levels. Using this technique allows the user to enhance the color found in the picture...I love how the yellow and red in my Coke shot really pops1...anyway, using software, you can create different effects...hopes this helps...Lou

btw, I LOVE those wheels you have on your Mustang...I'm so tempted to order a set!!
Cool thanks for the advice! You and FromZto5 really have me interested in one of these cameras now.

Thanks for the compliment! I almost wanted to sell them when they were off in storage for the winter, then I put them on last week and remembered why I bought them in the first place.
Old 3/19/12, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Z!!! Appreciate the complement, and yes, its my first time messing with HDR. On the software, I'm using Fhotoroom HDR, which cost $47.95. Next time I go out, I'm going to play with the ISO...yesterday, I shot most of my picks in either 100 or 200.

also, we have a drug store that is extremely well lit at night...so I'm going to try some night photos here real soon...I'll keep you posted on the results
Old 3/19/12, 06:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

very nice, but why do you have a giant coke sign in your driveway?
Old 3/19/12, 07:02 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Hytek
Cool thanks for the advice! You and FromZto5 really have me interested in one of these cameras now.

Thanks for the compliment! I almost wanted to sell them when they were off in storage for the winter, then I put them on last week and remembered why I bought them in the first place.
uh oh John... first it was the springs, then the MGW, now a DSLR. Man I am bad influence on you But yes dslr, one time buy, you will never look back, and wonder why you have a point and shoot, ever. You won't go wrong with either a Nikon or a Canon. No argument there. I shoot with a Nikon D60. Lou has a Canon Rebel I think.

Thanks Z!!! Appreciate the complement, and yes, its my first time messing with HDR. On the software, I'm using Fhotoroom HDR, which cost $47.95. Next time I go out, I'm going to play with the ISO...yesterday, I shot most of my picks in either 100 or 200.

also, we have a drug store that is extremely well lit at night...so I'm going to try some night photos here real soon...I'll keep you posted on the results
Yeah let me know how your night shots go, bro! You are doing VERY well man. MORE PICS! I love pics I'm a pic w*ore...

Originally Posted by bones302
hahaha... that's a good one man.
Old 3/19/12, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That first shot with the Coca-Cola billboard in the background, is awesome !
Old 3/19/12, 07:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bones302
Maybe I have stock with the company

So, drink up :-)
Old 3/19/12, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by turbo347frd
That first shot with the Coca-Cola billboard in the background, is awesome !
Thanks...I was driving around Main Street and when I saw the bright red and yellow, I knew that would provide a good contrast to my Kona Blue.

Of all the shots I took yesterday, that one is my favorite!!
Old 3/19/12, 09:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Thought I would throw these two in as well
Attached Thumbnails My HDR attempts-0-mustang-natural-vibrant.jpg   My HDR attempts-mcswain-theater-ada-ok.jpg  
Old 3/19/12, 10:20 PM
I Have No Life

Nice shots Lou. What HDR strength are you running in those last two?
Old 3/19/12, 10:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Nice shots Lou. What HDR strength are you running in those last two?
Hey Z...not sure what you're asking...if its the AEB you're inquiring about, I was running -2...1...+1...at least that is what my camera shows...and the ISO was 100

Let me know if that is what you were asking...if not, please clarify...thanks...Lou
Old 3/19/12, 11:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
uh oh John... first it was the springs, then the MGW, now a DSLR. Man I am bad influence on you But yes dslr, one time buy, you will never look back, and wonder why you have a point and shoot, ever. You won't go wrong with either a Nikon or a Canon. No argument there. I shoot with a Nikon D60. Lou has a Canon Rebel I think.
You know what's crazy is we bought a really good Sony camera a little while ago and at that time the salesman was trying to talk us into one with HDR. I thought I would never use a feature like that.....man am I kicking myself now.
Old 3/20/12, 09:24 AM
I Have No Life

Hey Z...not sure what you're asking...if its the AEB you're inquiring about, I was running -2...1...+1...at least that is what my camera shows...and the ISO was 100

Let me know if that is what you were asking...if not, please clarify...thanks...Lou
Well, I meant the HDR strength in the actual program. I am not familiar with Fhotoroom. So are you happy with the program? I wonder if there is a version for macs...
Old 5/5/12, 10:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Took these today
Attached Thumbnails My HDR attempts-img_6520_tm_gloomy-resized.jpg   My HDR attempts-img_6497_6_8_localtone-resized.jpg  
Old 5/6/12, 12:37 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Those are cool
Old 5/6/12, 03:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took these today
I like these

Quick Reply: My HDR attempts