Notices
Grabber Blue Grabber Blue 2010+ Mustangs

My GB Girl and Review

Search this Thread

Old 7/6/11, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I've been wanting to post about my car for awhile now and since I had some spare time from work today I went for a drive.

Well, I've had her now for 17 days with about 550 miles and all I can say is I'm in love. This car is everything I wanted and more. From MyColor to sync to the beautiful V8 sound under hard acceleration, I have no regrets. Now time for a breakdown.

Appearance

Love it. The new line added above the rear tires and the blending of those lines around the wheels gave the car an even more muscular look. Best look of the S197 IMO.

The color blows me away every time I look at it. I smile every time I spot the glisten of blue among all the plainly colored cars at a publix parking lot. No offense to the other colors, I'm just biased to what I have, and it's the fastest!!!

Powertrain

Holy crap. It literally feels like I'm driving my dads 68 camaro with two extra gears!!! The power coupled with the 6 speeds and 373s, man! This one is a keeper for a lifetime. I can't get enough of driving her!! I make excuses to myself to go around a few blocks with the windows down, listening to the engine as she pulls down the road. Nothing better!!

Now that tranny. Yes mine does clunk with the first gate, a little whine, with some powertrain noise and feel in the shifter but you know what, I love it. I'm not a limo driver, I want to feel and hear the muscle under the hood! I do admit the 1-2 clunk and resistance does get me sometimes, but a little Redline MTL and a nice stiff bushing will definitely make those syncros even happier. Besides that, with my shifting improving every day, she just doesn't get any better. So much enjoyment that I know all of you can agree with. Driving a manual definitely makes you one with an amazing machine. It's just an amazing feeling that I can't explain. All I can say is I get a similar feeling every time I'm flying. Man and machine working in harmony.

Handling

Amazing. Such a huge upgrade from my 06 mustang V6. From the steering to the handling through turns, everything is just perfect. Since I've been getting more and more involved with cars, I've yet to experience any better suspension so bare with my inexperience. Lol. I know it could get even better.

Overall

I'm happy. I really can't wait for the years of enjoyment that this car has in store for me in the future. 100/100 for me. Good job ford. This car just blows me away!

Enjoy the pictures! Only thing I'm not happy about is the fact I have to keep her outside till I move into my new house. Constant battle with the rain and birds!! Can't wait till she's safe in a garage. Only a month and a half till then.
Attached Images             

Last edited by flySWA737; 7/6/11 at 03:14 PM.
Old 7/6/11, 06:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Thumbs up

Nice job (for the most part) capturing the "true" GB color. I am so jealous of the palm trees, the oceanfront, the 19" Nickels, etc. etc. But thankfully I can share your joy with the color. It just jumps OUT! SO glad I got GB too. ENJOY!
Old 7/6/11, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Nice job (for the most part) capturing the "true" GB color. I am so jealous of the palm trees, the oceanfront, the 19" Nickels, etc. etc. But thankfully I can share your joy with the color. It just jumps OUT! SO glad I got GB too. ENJOY!

Haha thank you. Yeah its definitely is a challenge to photograph. Those photos quality were so so. Used pictures I had from my iPhone. I have some better quality ones to post just haven't re-sized them yet. I noticed that when you take an HDR photo the camera (or iphone) wont washout the cars color as bad as it does in direct sunlight. Its a battle. I have to photoshop almost every picture to restore the color.

Thanks again for the complements, and you enjoy yours as well .
Old 7/6/11, 07:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice looking car!!
Old 7/6/11, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you!
Old 7/6/11, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

She looks good
Old 7/6/11, 10:55 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car really SUCKS!!!

Because it doesn't belong to me...
Old 7/7/11, 04:25 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
brings back memories of my 2010 Grabber Blue GT. Same options as yours...dang I miss that car...
Old 7/7/11, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you all for the complements. Had some quality time today with her. Had a nice squeal pulling second!
Old 7/9/11, 06:43 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Nice car except for the terrible crappy color.
Old 7/9/11, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Nice car except for the terrible crappy color.
I know right. This **** color is such an annoying magnet for people. Lol.

Was at a car show today and was talking to so many people who swear that they haven't seen this color before along with the people asking OMG the 5.0 is back occasionally. I like attention!!!! Lol
Old 7/9/11, 09:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
Good Looking car, you will get used to the attention after a while, I think
Old 7/9/11, 10:09 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by flySWA737
I know right. This **** color is such an annoying magnet for people. Lol.

Was at a car show today and was talking to so many people who swear that they haven't seen this color before along with the people asking OMG the 5.0 is back occasionally. I like attention!!!! Lol
I hear ya! The color is what get's the car the most compliments, followed by the 5.0, followed by it being a mustang
Old 7/11/11, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I hear ya! The color is what get's the car the most compliments, followed by the 5.0, followed by it being a mustang
Definitely the same here. I still think the people who look at it like it's an unobtainable Lambo or rolls are the best to talk to. Just have to enjoy the attention before the next new thing comes out and the crowd flocks to that (while i still photograph my 5.0).

To add, you have an awesome car yourself!
Old 7/16/11, 02:09 PM
Cobra R Member

I am also getting compliments on the color. Usually from females, which is OK by me!
Old 7/17/11, 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
I am also getting compliments on the color. Usually from females, which is OK by me!
Agreed!
Old 7/17/11, 05:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Was at a local cruise in last night and got more compliments on the color, even the Camaro and Corvette guys liked it.
Old 7/18/11, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Was at a local cruise in last night and got more compliments on the color, even the Camaro and Corvette guys liked it.
Me too. Had a vette pull next to me at my local clubs show and he complemented me on the awesome color. I think he was just admitting to the faster color. (He had a Red Vette) LOL
Old 7/18/11, 08:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by flySWA737
Me too. Had a vette pull next to me at my local clubs show and he complemented me on the awesome color. I think he was just admitting to the faster color. (He had a Red Vette) LOL
Had a friend that swore his red F150 was the fastest because of the color, but we know any shade of Blue is faster
Old 9/6/11, 07:26 PM
V6 Member

looking good

Quick Reply: My GB Girl and Review