Notices
Grabber Blue Grabber Blue 2010+ Mustangs

Grabber blue

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/11, 10:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grabber blue

I recently bought a 2011 grabber blue mustang! Love it!!! I was wondering if anyone knows if the back seat can be switched to a bench seat. Also it didnt come with a spare tire I was told the type of tires on it dont go flat
Old 1/12/11, 03:03 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome.

Any particular reason you want to go to a bench seat in the back? It might be able to be done by a custom shop, but they'll cost you a pretty penny. You'd almost be better off with a seat delete.

Which wheels/tires do you have? The 19" wheels that are on the Brembo package vehicles are not run-flats, and have the potential of going flat. Keep in mind that you do have roadside assistance as an owner, and you may want to use that if there is ever an issue.
Old 1/12/11, 06:31 PM
V6 Member

Another GB in New Jersey? Cool. Welcome.
Old 1/13/11, 08:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Welcome.

Any particular reason you want to go to a bench seat in the back? It might be able to be done by a custom shop, but they'll cost you a pretty penny. You'd almost be better off with a seat delete.

Which wheels/tires do you have? The 19" wheels that are on the Brembo package vehicles are not run-flats, and have the potential of going flat. Keep in mind that you do have roadside assistance as an owner, and you may want to use that if there is ever an issue.
I figure without the bump in the middle it would make more room I have to put my sons car seat back there it takes up so much room
Old 1/13/11, 08:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GTOto5point0
Another GB in New Jersey? Cool. Welcome.
Someone in my area has the same car a's mine it's funny I haven't seen another one on the road till I bought mine the dealership had to swap another car to get mine and the salesman made me promise to buy it because the owner hated the color so much. I thought that was a strange selling tactic but I like to be different so it suits me just fine : )
Old 1/13/11, 11:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Nikki
Someone in my area has the same car a's mine it's funny I haven't seen another one on the road till I bought mine the dealership had to swap another car to get mine and the salesman made me promise to buy it because the owner hated the color so much. I thought that was a strange selling tactic but I like to be different so it suits me just fine : )
Funny how the dealers hate this color, I was trading in my F150 and when I went in to order a 2011 MCoA in Grabber Blue and they wanted a down payment, told them what I was going to do and they still wanted the DP, but just for GB.
Went to a different dealer to order and ended up buying a 2010 they had in stock off the lot.

Old 1/13/11, 11:47 AM
GTR Member

Nikki, what options did you get on your car?
Old 1/13/11, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

I still can't figure out how to put pictures of my car up! I'm not great with computers if it wasn't for my iPhone I wouldn't even go online. I'll have to have someone show me. So hopefully soon I'll send some pics : )
Old 1/13/11, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express

Funny how the dealers hate this color, I was trading in my F150 and when I went in to order a 2011 MCoA in Grabber Blue and they wanted a down payment, told them what I was going to do and they still wanted the DP, but just for GB.
Went to a different dealer to order and ended up buying a 2010 they had in stock off the lot.
I almost was going to leave without buying it just to annoy the dealership but when I got there I had to have it.
Old 1/13/11, 06:47 PM
V6 Member

My dealer wasn't sure about the spoiler delete I requested. Family Ford order 2 more Grabber Blues like mine after they saw it in person.
Old 1/14/11, 04:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GTOto5point0
My dealer wasn't sure about the spoiler delete I requested. Family Ford order 2 more Grabber Blues like mine after they saw it in person.
Stripes or no stripes that's my new question at first I didn't want them now I like them but not 100% sure which way to go!
Old 1/14/11, 04:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
Stripes or no stripes that's my new question at first I didn't want them now I like them but not 100% sure which way to go!
I bought mine because of the stripes, but was actually looking for the Hood and Side Stripe Package
Old 1/14/11, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nikki- the "hump" in the middle is over the transmission/drive train tunnel. It can't be removed easily!

The rear seats do have the anchor-points for the child seat locks, so I'm not sure how you'd work around that. Also, you'd lose about 6" of headroom (I don't know how tall child seats are...).

I'm going to be working on foam inserts to "fill in" the bucket seats, so I can make a seat cover for my dog to lay on back there.
Old 1/14/11, 05:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ronin38
Nikki- the "hump" in the middle is over the transmission/drive train tunnel. It can't be removed easily!

The rear seats do have the anchor-points for the child seat locks, so I'm not sure how you'd work around that. Also, you'd lose about 6" of headroom (I don't know how tall child seats are...).

I'm going to be working on foam inserts to "fill in" the bucket seats, so I can make a seat cover for my dog to lay on back there.
Great idea never thought of that! Maybe you can make them and people with dogs and kids would buy them. ; )
Old 1/14/11, 08:26 PM

I still can't figure out how to put pictures of my car up! I'm not great with computers if it wasn't for my iPhone I wouldn't even go online. I'll have to have someone show me. So hopefully soon I'll send some pics : )
An easy way is to goto www.imageshack.us - upload the photo you want and than it will take you to a page with a "direct link" highlight the box and press ctrl+c to copy the link.

When replying to a thread you'll see a little yellow box above this area with a mountain and sun, hit ctrl+v to paste in the box and hit ok.

Old 1/19/11, 09:34 AM

Smile What color stripes on a Grabber Blue 2011?

I just bought my 2011, premium V6, grabber blue, i want red stripes, but not sure, what do ya think would look best? Is there any site on here that i can see what different color stripes will look like besides the basic black or white?
Old 1/19/11, 10:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sexynnshy
I just bought my 2011, premium V6, grabber blue, i want red stripes, but not sure, what do ya think would look best? Is there any site on here that i can see what different color stripes will look like besides the basic black or white?
Red actually sounds cute. I also though of neon green or pink. I'd like to see what it would look like first before I'd do it and regret it though.
Old 1/19/11, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool

Just my opinion ladies, but with Grabber Blue being such a bright color, I think an even brighter color (like neon green or pink) would just be TOOO bright!

Depends on what shade of red you get, as to how well it would look on the blue.
Maybe if you used a pinstripe to set off the stripes on the blue... blue|red|blue

Do a search on Google for Images of "grabber blue mustang".

Okay... red-on-blue works!

Last edited by Ronin38; 1/19/11 at 11:08 AM.
Old 1/19/11, 11:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ronin38
Just my opinion ladies, but with Grabber Blue being such a bright color, I think an even brighter color (like neon green or pink) would just be TOOO bright!

Depends on what shade of red you get, as to how well it would look on the blue.
Maybe if you used a pinstripe to set off the stripes on the blue... blue|red|blue

Do a search on Google for Images of "grabber blue mustang".

Okay... red-on-blue works!
I guess it would be bright but I'm odd so it would be good for me lol!
Old 1/19/11, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Besides... that way no one could claim that you were "not too bright"...

Quick Reply: Grabber blue