Notices
Brilliant or Ingot Silver Brilliant or Ingot Silver 2010+ Mustangs

What other colors did you consider?

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/12, 04:53 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What other colors did you consider?

Before you chose silver, what other colors did you consider?
If you could choose again, what would it be?
Old 6/11/12, 05:02 AM
GT Member

If they would've have offered Sterling Gray for the '12, I would have considered that, but silver was always my first choice!
Old 6/11/12, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

White.....love Stangs in white. But much happier I found the silver
Old 6/12/12, 08:39 AM
V6 Member

I wanted Kona blue with silver stripes, but the GT/CS didn't come in kona. Now I'm glad it didn't. I love silver now. Never had a silver car or truck before and I really like it.
Old 6/12/12, 11:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member Eu Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Never looked at the color. I was looking for a Mustang that I knew I'd have a good seat in, and a bit of warrenty off the dealership to make sure the first problems (if any) would be taken care of.

Nowadays, I'm glad it's Silver. Wouldn't have met that many people at the Silver Mustang Registry if not for the color
Old 6/12/12, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

The thing that makes me select Green all the time is the amount of Silver, Black, and White cars on the road. Have you ever sat back and watched cars go by and thats all you see with a sprinkle of blue and red and even less still green.
Old 6/26/12, 05:56 AM
V6 Member

On the flip side I had originally ordered an 11 in silver but changed it to race red. Sold it, now I have a SBY on order.
Old 6/26/12, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't consider silver, but I just wanted to relay I was totally set on Grabber Blue, but due to price & incentives I bought Performance White, which was sold from under me *after* I purchased it. I then had a choice of Black or Kona Blue - I wanted Black and almost made the decision myself, but I told the salesman let me talk to my wife first - she convinced me into Kona Blue; She said, "It's your favorite color and it goes with your eyes..."

All had black interior which I would not do without - I just felt it melded better than the gray for those colors, though I would have considered the red or sandalwood depending on the exterior.

Ironically, my sign & cusp say dark blue & black are my lucky colors...
Old 6/27/12, 06:14 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I was down to black or silver...chose black and have been kicking myself ever since....I have owned a ton of black cars and each time I say never again...now every little swirl and tiny scratch makes me kick myself, it's like they have a neon arrow pointing at them...of course most people don't even see them but certain people on this site now have me paranoid about them!!!...if I had a time machine there would be a silver one in my garage right now instead of black!!!
Old 6/28/12, 10:24 AM
Bullitt Member

I was looking at grabber blue and red candy.. Neither color was available and I didn't want to loose incentive money on ordering a 12. so the package that I wanted was available in Ingot! I never had a silver car but have had greyish and this one is ok but i wish it was kona or grabber lol.
Old 7/4/12, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Grabber Blue...
Old 7/8/12, 01:07 PM
Bullitt Member

...........none. Having come from several black cars I wanted a color that I didn't have to obsess over - I'm one of those individuals who always hand washes w/ two buckets, uses micro fiber, has a PC and Flex; several more hundreds of dollars of polishes, waxes, sealants and sundry auto detailing products.

I'm hapless in that I can see a swirl at twenty paces and this should help me sleep at night

Last edited by citizen arcane; 7/8/12 at 01:08 PM.
Old 6/25/13, 08:50 PM

Coming from a green with envy SRT challenger, I wanted to be less noticeable. Got all kinds of comments on it...it was borderline harassment. I know the silver and black stripe GT500 will still be noticeable but not obscene noticeable...which I think will make it a little more enjoyable to be out and about more often... Plus I think the silver and black combo is killer looking. I don't like that the rear between the lights wasn't painted the body color. Makes for tri-colored looking cars... Black stripe was a sure thing for me...important there were no clashes..with red or blue, black and silver on the back end. Just silly that way I guess
Old 6/25/13, 10:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I originally wanted Ingot Silver (in fact, I put the factory order in with that color checked) to match my '65 (which is Silver Smoke- too bad they don't still have Vapor- it matches almost perfectly).

I also considered Ruby Red (but you can't get a red interior with that color for some reason- although you can get it with Race Red). Briefly considered white as well. Kids really wanted GottahaveitGreen, but I didn't think I could live with that color for 4 years.

Anyway, the day after I put the order in, my wife drags me out to the dealer at night and insists Sterling Gray is a better color (we already have two light silver Mustangs- so she thought we should go with something different). So, I changed the order to Sterling Gray... and I kinda wish I had stuck to the Ingot!

I will say, the Sterling Gray is suprisingly easy to keep clean (considering its almost as dark as black). I guess all the metal flake hides the spots!

Getting some light (white or silver) stripes installed tomorrow- maybe that will break up the Sterling Gray a bit...
Old 6/26/13, 06:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In a GT500.... grabber blue was always my first choice if ordering new. The 2011 in silver just kinda happened because it was a great deal at the time and I was having no luck finding a used one optioned the way I wanted.
Old 10/17/13, 02:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Silver was my first choice. I gave the gotta have it green a thought because you don't see many of that color. I already had a red fire V6. The grabber blue is pretty thought about that but that color is so popular. I have always loved the silver and black and search all the dealers in my area and found one 2013 silver. I love it. I think silver is one of the best colors. I had not seen the green, ruby red and deep impact blue before choosing the silver. Saw them later. They are beautiful but I still love the silver the best.
Old 10/26/13, 04:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rm2092
Grabber Blue...
Thats is a Killer Color!
Old 11/14/13, 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Sterling grey was my first choice with deep impact blue second, race red third, and white and silver were tied for last. Gotta have it green, grabber blue, and black were deal breakers. I had a black Challenger, and a Z28, and I didn't want another black car. I was looking for a Mustang with the Brembo brake pkg, and the dealer thought he found one in deep impact blue until we found out it had been to Roush. Ingot silver was the only color he could find equipped the way I wanted it. It's still not my favorite, but it's growing on me. Maybe some impact blue, or candy red stripes will help.
Old 11/14/13, 11:53 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 13GetThere
Sterling grey was my first choice with deep impact blue second, race red third, and white and silver were tied for last. Gotta have it green, grabber blue, and black were deal breakers. I had a black Challenger, and a Z28, and I didn't want another black car. I was looking for a Mustang with the Brembo brake pkg, and the dealer thought he found one in deep impact blue until we found out it had been to Roush. Ingot silver was the only color he could find equipped the way I wanted it. It's still not my favorite, but it's growing on me. Maybe some impact blue, or candy red stripes will help.
Deep impact blue stripes on ingot silver is my favorite combination
Old 11/17/13, 06:28 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by hellogreg
Before you chose silver, what other colors did you consider?
If you could choose again, what would it be?
wanted white, got ingot which i love too, but now want to wrap in matte black to match my black wheels, and go batmobile!

Quick Reply: What other colors did you consider?