Notices
Brilliant or Ingot Silver Brilliant or Ingot Silver 2010+ Mustangs

Pics of My '11 mustang 5.0 stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/12, 12:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics of My '11 mustang 5.0 stage 2

Hey guys,
I just wanted to put up a couple of pics of my car that I took last Friday when I went up to Palomar mountain for my birthday. Mods so far are a K&N drop in filter, dynomax catback exhaust with x pipe, 5% limo tint all around. painted my intake manifold as well as coil covers black with silver accents. JLT catch can. For the exterior, I painted the 5.0 emblems and the front mustang emblem matte black. I had the cowl in the hood, the roof, spoiler, and rear deck lid between the tail light covered in matte black vinyl.I also had the center console and radio bezel color matched to the car. I also installed the boss lower fascia with fog lights. Last Wednesday, I finished the performance install with a Freedom Racing panhard bar with hemi joint on the axle and poly joint on the chassis. I also at the same time installed my BC coil overs with 1k less spring rate the normal and painted my rim and calipers matte black. Overall, I am very happy with the look and the performance of the car so far. With the coilover and pan hard bar installed, I was able to keep up with my buddy on his yamaha R6 going up Palomar mountain the first run up the mountain. On the 2nd and 3rd run up, he let me go up front, and I am pleased to report I beat him to the top of the hill by over a minute. For those in SoCal that know Palomar mountain, its a really sharp turning mountain road with descend turning radius as you get to the top and the hill is probably less than 8 miles to the top. So I felt really proud that my car was able to whoop on my buddy's R6 so bad.

Anyways without further a due, here are some pics. I will take more maybe later this week or next week, once I get my car back from the paint shop. I was so pissed less than 2 week after getting the front bumper repainted, someone decided to back up into my mustang when we were at breakfast, and I didn't see the damage until I was up on the mountain taking these pictures. Man we have some rude idiot that drive around San Diego. This just proves again Why I don't park on the street. Both times I parked on the street someone has bumped into the front of my Stang and left without leaving a note.

I hope you guys like.
Old 3/13/12, 11:39 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Looks good, thanks for sharing..
Old 3/13/12, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi
Looks good, thanks for sharing..
thanks Alibi. appreciate it
Old 3/13/12, 01:25 PM
Cobra Member

Bada$$ car man! Looks great!
Old 3/13/12, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by youngstang90
Bada$$ car man! Looks great!
Thanks youngstang. I worked hard on the car. I'm just happy people like the look.
Old 3/13/12, 06:19 PM
V6 Member

Very nice job. Love all the black accents. Black with silver is the way to go!
Old 3/13/12, 06:22 PM
V6 Member

Planning on smoking your lights?
Old 3/13/12, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ap0cLFC
Very nice job. Love all the black accents. Black with silver is the way to go!
Thanks Ap0cLFC I appreciate it, and I would have to agree that black and silver is really the way to go. As far as smoking out the lights. I just received smoked front side markers, but I don't plan on smoking the tail lights. I don't like the look of the smoke tails on a silver mustang. I think it looks a lot meaner with factory red tail lights, and the matte black deck lid panel like a have. I also got tire of the cops pulling me over for the smoked tail light on my past car. I think if I leave the tail light factory I should draw less attention from the cops. It will at least give them one less reason to pull me over while they are behind me trying to figure out something to pull me over for.
Old 3/18/12, 02:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Surprised no one has asked...but...what's a "stage 2"?
Old 3/23/12, 02:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Digital_Synapse
Surprised no one has asked...but...what's a "stage 2"?
Generally 'Stage 2' refers to exterior modifications along with suspension/handling and a few power/exhaust upgrades....
Old 3/26/12, 06:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Generally 'Stage 2' refers to exterior modifications along with suspension/handling and a few power/exhaust upgrades....
Lol. Ok
Old 3/26/12, 06:30 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Lookin nice! Ive been debating on doin that same matte black vinyl treatment on the car.
Old 3/28/12, 05:31 PM

I guess that will be check on exterior mods, check on suspension mods with bc coil overs, and check on exhaust mods and K&N drop in filter. So I guess that would make my car a stage 2. I was referring to this is stage 2 of the build up of my car. I plan on many more mods, but I am very happy with the progress of my car. I think the car looks awesome and it is on rails now.
Old 3/28/12, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by CCTking
Lookin nice! Ive been debating on doin that same matte black vinyl treatment on the car.
thank man appreciate it. I love the look with the car with the vinyl. I wanted to do it since I bought the car, but I had to wait til the new car look and feel wore off of me. Now, I love that my car stands out from the rest of the 5.0 in SD. When I first got my car there were maybe 4-5 I knew of in my area. Now I see a lot more over 10, so it was time to make mine unique. I just saw another silver 5.0 on the road 2 days ago. I wish we both could meet up sometime. would love to take pics of my car next to another silver 5.0 but stock. All I can say is I love this car
Old 3/28/12, 06:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by silver50

I guess that will be check on exterior mods, check on suspension mods with bc coil overs, and check on exhaust mods and K&N drop in filter. So I guess that would make my car a stage 2. I was referring to this is stage 2 of the build up of my car. I plan on many more mods, but I am very happy with the progress of my car. I think the car looks awesome and it is on rails now.
Haha
Well, I was basically quoting what comes on a Roush Stage 2....that's basically what is on it, so yeah, you have the 'Silver Stage 2' haha
Old 3/30/12, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ap0cLFC
Planning on smoking your lights?

I have smoked front side markers waiting to go on with the HID for all 3 sets of lights. I don't plan on tinting the tails. I don't like the look of these lights tinted on a silver mustang. I think it looks meaner with the lights how they are with the blackout panel. Its more retro looking, and I like that is gives the cops one less reason to pull me over when they are behind me trying to figure something to pull me over for. I had tinted tails on my charger I had prior to the mustang, but like I said I don't like the look and don't want the cops on me. Maybe if they release the 2013 tails for sale for our cars I might change my mind. I think those light look mean blacked out.