Notices
Black Black 2010+ Mustangs

Nathan's 2014 Brembo GT

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/15, 05:53 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Nathan's 2014 Brembo GT

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
It "could" void your warranty, but won't necessarily. Then if it does, it has its own warranty.

Ask other dealers as well. It's all in how much the dealer wants to help you.
It's the cal not key. There's so much misinformation online it's hard to find a clear answer. Autonation/Tousley quoted me $120, and had to look it up online to see what it even was. Tried calling the dealer I bought the car from and they told me they can't help me and to call back Monday and then pretty much hung up on me. I'll try a couple more dealers. Wish they'd just let me do it on my own.
Old 4/27/15, 08:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
It's the cal not key. There's so much misinformation online it's hard to find a clear answer. Autonation/Tousley quoted me $120, and had to look it up online to see what it even was. Tried calling the dealer I bought the car from and they told me they can't help me and to call back Monday and then pretty much hung up on me. I'll try a couple more dealers. Wish they'd just let me do it on my own.
I thought you could do the Track Cal yourself. And regarding the misinformation, I agree, but I think it's more like confusion caused by the different dealers being on different pages.

I think the only dealer that matters is the one(s) you plan to use for warranty work. If you can't find a dealer to cover your warranty before you get a calibration, don't get the calibration. Knowing that you "should" be covered by warranty when the dealers won't cooperate just isn't worth the fight when it can be easily avoided by not tuning for 3 years.
Old 4/27/15, 09:38 AM

Nathan's 2014 Brembo GT

Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
I thought you could do the Track Cal yourself. And regarding the misinformation, I agree, but I think it's more like confusion caused by the different dealers being on different pages.

I think the only dealer that matters is the one(s) you plan to use for warranty work. If you can't find a dealer to cover your warranty before you get a calibration, don't get the calibration. Knowing that you "should" be covered by warranty when the dealers won't cooperate just isn't worth the fight when it can be easily avoided by not tuning for 3 years.
You can do it yourself, but if you want the warranty a Ford dealer needs to do it. I'm gonna try calling around again. It's something that should be really simple, but of course it's not.
Old 4/27/15, 11:27 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by scottmoyer
Uh oh. You're getting close to that engine tick mileage now! We followed the car monitor and had the dealer change the oil when the light came on. We were about 6k miles. 600 miles later, we have the nasty engine tick that everyone seems to complain about. The local Ford dealer didn't like the way it sounded when I stopped in to show them. Hopefully we can get it resolved, but it sounds really bad now. I had the dealer do the oil change since so many people commented about the tick after the oil change. They can't say I did anything to it!
PM me with your info so I can escalate this for you, scottmoyer. Send me your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 4/29/15, 11:08 AM

Nathan's 2014 Brembo GT

Had the track-cal installed this morning at the dealer I bought the car from. Paid more than I should have, but all the dealers around here seem to be around the same price. Went with the dealer I bought it from just for some extra peace of mind in case I ever run into problems down the road.

The lopey idle sounds sweet. I can definitely feel a difference with the amount of torque. The tires break loose a lot easier now. I'll try to get some better videos later. Waiting to get off work is killing me. lol

Last edited by Blue Notch; 4/29/15 at 11:10 AM.
Old 4/29/15, 11:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
is this the same thing as the "ford racing procal tune". And how much did you pay?
Old 4/29/15, 11:42 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Old 4/29/15, 12:36 PM

Nathan's 2014 Brembo GT

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
is this the same thing as the "ford racing procal tune". And how much did you pay?
No, it's also got the lopey idle, launch control, etc. http://fordperformanceracingparts.co...rt.asp?p=24021

I paid about $400 for it shipped from Tasca. Tousley had it for the same price but I didn't want to pay tax. lol Install was about $130. It's different all over but everyone here wanted about the same. Could have gotten a better tune for a lot cheaper, but I've only got 5k miles and want to keep my warranty intact. Later on down the road I'll get something else, but I'm more than happy for now.
Old 4/29/15, 12:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
No, it's also got the lopey idle, launch control, etc. http://fordperformanceracingparts.co...rt.asp?p=24021

I paid about $400 for it shipped from Tasca. Tousley had it for the same price but I didn't want to pay tax. lol Install was about $130. It's different all over but everyone here wanted about the same. Could have gotten a better tune for a lot cheaper, but I've only got 5k miles and want to keep my warranty intact. Later on down the road I'll get something else, but I'm more than happy for now.
so you have to have the "Track Apps" for this? I imagine so if it has launch control
Old 4/29/15, 01:10 PM

Nathan's 2014 Brembo GT

so you have to have the "Track Apps" for this? I imagine so if it has launch control
I don't think you have to. There should still be ways to activate stuff. I think it just has to be a '13-14 Manual GT.
Old 4/29/15, 09:30 PM

A little more thorough video. It sounds a lot deeper in person. I think the phone mic was canceling out a lot of the "lopey-ness" and lower notes. This makes it sound somewhat tractor-like and kinda light-sounding. I'll see how it sounds on my other cameras.

Old 4/30/15, 11:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
A little more thorough video. It sounds a lot deeper in person. I think the phone mic was canceling out a lot of the "lopey-ness" and lower notes. This makes it sound somewhat tractor-like and kinda light-sounding. I'll see how it sounds on my other cameras. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4qsmQr9mmA
Ya that's really nice.
Old 5/1/15, 12:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
I don't think you have to. There should still be ways to activate stuff. I think it just has to be a '13-14 Manual GT.
The launch control and pit-lane speed control do not use the track apps. It's all done with the cruise control buttons and the speedometer / tachometer.

A little more thorough video. It sounds a lot deeper in person. I think the phone mic was canceling out a lot of the "lopey-ness" and lower notes. This makes it sound somewhat tractor-like and kinda light-sounding. I'll see how it sounds on my other cameras.

Track Cal Exhaust - 2014 Mustang GT - YouTube
I have a theory on why the side pipes make the lopey idle sound better and why it's really hard to capture with a single mic.

I think the illusion (if you can call a sound an illusion) requires you to hear it in stereo. When the lopey idle kicks in while I'm in the car, it almost sounds like it alternates from each side.

By the way, I love the way mine sounds too, but your in-car sounds pretty darn amazing.
Old 5/11/15, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Blue Notch;6917994]Went out on a nice drive today and got some pics. Lighting could have been better, but I'll have more opportunities in the future. Should have taken off the front plate too. Can't wait to get some new wheels. The silver brembos just are cutting it. Hopefully I'll have enough set aside by summer.

Man I read all 13 pages. Love your car. You have given me some great ideas.
I did not see a write up on the Roush chin spoiler. I plan on getting one along with a GT500 spoiler. Here is a pic of mine to give you an idea on wheels. Shelby CS40s

Last edited by DAJOKER07; 5/11/15 at 11:15 AM.
Old 5/11/15, 07:08 PM

[QUOTE=DAJOKER07;6924722]
Went out on a nice drive today and got some pics. Lighting could have been better, but I'll have more opportunities in the future. Should have taken off the front plate too. Can't wait to get some new wheels. The silver brembos just are cutting it. Hopefully I'll have enough set aside by summer.

Man I read all 13 pages. Love your car. You have given me some great ideas.
I did not see a write up on the Roush chin spoiler. I plan on getting one along with a GT500 spoiler. Here is a pic of mine to give you an idea on wheels. Shelby CS40s
Pics don't seem to want to load. Was able to find the link though. They look sweet! I never did I write up on the roush spoiler. There's lots of how-tos and videos online and roush provides pretty detailed instructions. The GT500 spoiler is really gonna set off your car.
Attached Thumbnails Nathan's 2014 Brembo GT-img_18241_zpseybsi3im.jpg  

Last edited by Blue Notch; 5/11/15 at 07:09 PM.
Old 5/12/15, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Blue Notch;6924826]
Originally Posted by DAJOKER07
Pics don't seem to want to load. Was able to find the link though. They look sweet! I never did I write up on the roush spoiler. There's lots of how-tos and videos online and roush provides pretty detailed instructions. The GT500 spoiler is really gonna set off your car.
Thanks for the assist. I have read and saw install videos on the roush chin spoiler. Was just looking for your take on it for any tips or tricks you would maybe do different.

Thank you again for an excellent write up on all your mods.
Old 5/12/15, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by DAJOKER07

Thanks for the assist. I have read and saw install videos on the roush chin spoiler. Was just looking for your take on it for any tips or tricks you would maybe do different.

Thank you again for an excellent write up on all your mods.
No problem. Not sure what else can be said about the chin spoiler. I took the front bumper cover off. Way easier unless you have a lift, plus I was replacing fogs at the same time. Might as well get it all done at once. The hardest (more like inconvenient) part is probably taking off the air deflector on the bottom. I lost count of how many little screws hold that thing on, but it's crazy. Just make sure you cut the right part of the stock chin spoiler too. I had to look at it a couple times and thought I did the wrong side for a second after I had already done it, but I had it right.
Old 5/23/15, 09:36 PM

Nathan's 2014 Brembo GT

Finally went ahead and moved my tweeters up to the mirror covers. Well, just one anyways. Passenger side gets done tomorrow. Pretty simple install, but the imaging is much better. Can't wait to hear it with the other side as well.
Attached Thumbnails Nathan's 2014 Brembo GT-img_20150523_221319793.jpg   Nathan's 2014 Brembo GT-img_20150523_144636393_hdr.jpg   Nathan's 2014 Brembo GT-img_20150523_220505546.jpg  

Last edited by Blue Notch; 5/23/15 at 09:37 PM.
Old 5/23/15, 10:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Nathan you should take the brackets off and hit them with some flat black paint, so the dynamat doesn't show through. Looks good though!
Old 5/23/15, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38
Nathan you should take the brackets off and hit them with some flat black paint, so the dynamat doesn't show through. Looks good though!
Dynamat doesn't show through unless there's light shining on it. Doesn't bother me, but I can easily do it later on.

Quick Reply: Nathan's 2014 Brembo GT