Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Roush to build all Yates cars

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/07, 12:42 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roush to build all Yates cars

Roush Fenway Racing will be building all of Yates Racing’s Sprint Cup next season, and team co-owner Jack Roush said he’s looking forward to helping the Yates group return to its performance levels of old. Starting with the 2008 season, Roush Fenway Racing will manufacture all of Yates Racing’s cars, with Yates moving to Concord, N.C., next to Roush Fenway’s shops. Yates, meanwhile, will lease its current shop in Mooresville, N.C., to Petty Enterprises. “We’re making preparations to enter into a service agreement with them that will avail them of the technology and of the vehicles with the engineering essence and the vehicles that are coming out of our construction activities,” said Roush Saturday morning at Phoenix International Raceway. “We want to try to breath some blue sky and some viability back into the program.” One of the benefits of Roush Fenway Racing building cars for both teams is that in the long run, it will result in cost savings, because the cost for R&D, tooling, etc., will be spread over a larger number of cars, Roush said. “We’ve got some opportunities of scale, in terms of understanding what we need to do and then the more volume you generate off that for the same amount of engineering work, design work, tooling, all those things you do, it’s an extraordinarily expensive proposition to go do all the testing that’s necessary to build and support one Cup car in today’s world,” said Roush. “If, taken to the other extreme, an IROC scenario where all the cars were completely identical coming out of the factory, then the cost to the teams and the value to the sponsors would be maximized. This is something in between.”(Ford Racing)(11-12-2007)
Old 11/12/07, 07:32 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I think that's pretty cool, but I can't stand to even watch NASCAR anymore. Every time I watch it, Gordon, Johnson, and everyone else on that team is winning again. I dont watch it. Add to that that NASCAR has just screwed themselves up with all their changes and ths COT bull****.
Old 11/12/07, 03:29 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chevy is losing 3 great drivers for next season (Stewart, Hamlin, Ky. Busch) so I don't think they'll win next season as many races as they won this season.

Hendrick will be top NASCAR team again, but rest of Chevy teams will be average.
Old 11/20/07, 04:45 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Red Star
l of Yates Racing’s Sprint Cup next season, and team co-owner....
This is great, the new title, "Sprint Cup" will create confusion with sprint car racing.