Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

Search this Thread

Old 12/24/12, 11:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Logano is a real question mark. Will he run strong with a different team or wll he struggle ? Be interesting to see what he does in 2013.
Carl Edwards will give it his all if he has faster cars than he had in 2012. We all know Carl can drive, but he knows it is an exercise in futility to overextend himself in a car that cannot win.
Old 12/26/12, 11:16 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Logano will have much more freedom at Penske and he will be able to show his real abilities. It was impossible for him to do so at Gibbs with Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin also being there.
Old 12/26/12, 12:37 PM
Cobra Member

Smile

Good point. Logano may not have been given the resources he needed to win at JGR. I am excited about the new racing season. Be interesting to see how the young drivers race in a Ford.
Old 12/26/12, 12:42 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

And I also think that Gibbs moved him too fast to the Sprint car (which they had to do since Tony Stewart left). If he stayed in the Nationwide for few years, he might've been much better driver.

Can't wait for the 2013 season ...
Old 12/26/12, 05:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

The hardest thing these young drivers will have to deal with is Nascar telling them since they now drive Fords that they need to let the chevys and toyotas win every week!
Old 12/27/12, 10:19 AM
Cobra Member

Logano sure proved he can drive by getting all those wins in the Nationwide series. I have the feeling Penske wont mind if Logano finishes the races with the fenders hardly hanging on .
Old 12/27/12, 10:25 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Nationwide wins are great, but I think the car played a huge role, since Gibbs has the strongest Nationwide team in the NASCAR.

Too bad Kurt Busch was an idiot and got fired from the Penske ... Keselowski and Ku. Busch would make a great team.
Old 1/25/13, 11:16 AM
Cobra Member

Unhappy

Danica says she is dating Ricky Stenhouse. I think Ricky has a tiger by the tail. He had better watch out.
Old 1/25/13, 11:34 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

He's dating a Chevy girl? Boooooooooo ...
Old 1/26/13, 04:19 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Zastava_101
I'm hoping he brings her over to the Blue side.
Old 1/26/13, 01:30 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Why? It's not like she can drive ...
Old 1/26/13, 01:31 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 590 Likes on 424 Posts
Why? It's not like she can drive ...
Old 2/10/13, 08:16 AM
GT Member

I drive a chevy pickup but have a stang and my ole lady drives a ford
Old 2/17/13, 09:36 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I've met both Carl Edwards and Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. Carl is 100% the individual you see on camera. He and I talked for 45 minutes about cars, life, military, health, working out, etc. He behaved like I was a lifelong friend, was openly honest about all kinds of things, appreciative of car guys/race fans of any manufacturer, said without the people who get under their cars on Saturdays, he wouldn't be driving a race car on Sundays.

Stenhouse, Jr., on the other hand, is a certifiable pile of steaming bull****. When told by an individual that I (and the two people with me) were former military, his comment was, and I quote, "oh, so they're some of those baby-killing super soldiers, huh?" He laughed, paused a second then offered his hand to us. One of the guys with me, my former NCO, told him he'd rather cup a bull's nuts than molest his own hand by shaking the hand of someone too young and too interested in himself to learn the truth about such worldly matters. His publicist/agent, whichever one it was, was about to **** himself trying to assuage us. Carl didn't have many kind things to say about Ricky, either.

I don't like it when people of that kind of exposure and stature behave that way, but I'm not going to keep my mouth shut about it either. Some people are so insulated from the real world, they have no concept of what life is like outside their travel trailer.
Old 2/17/13, 09:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I've met both Carl Edwards and Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. Carl is 100% the individual you see on camera. He and I talked for 45 minutes about cars, life, military, health, working out, etc. He behaved like I was a lifelong friend, was openly honest about all kinds of things, appreciative of car guys/race fans of any manufacturer, said without the people who get under their cars on Saturdays, he wouldn't be driving a race car on Sundays.

Stenhouse, Jr., on the other hand, is a certifiable pile of steaming bull****. When told by an individual that I (and the two people with me) were former military, his comment was, and I quote, "oh, so they're some of those baby-killing super soldiers, huh?" He laughed, paused a second then offered his hand to us. One of the guys with me, my former NCO, told him he'd rather cup a bull's nuts than molest his own hand by shaking the hand of someone too young and too interested in himself to learn the truth about such worldly matters. His publicist/agent, whichever one it was, was about to **** himself trying to assuage us. Carl didn't have many kind things to say about Ricky, either.

I don't like it when people of that kind of exposure and stature behave that way, but I'm not going to keep my mouth shut about it either. Some people are so insulated from the real world, they have no concept of what life is like outside their travel trailer.
I never was a Stenhouse fan. The kid was way to aggressive imo and will get his *** handed to him in cup racing. Danica is on the pole but neither will contend for a win nor be in the chase. You can book that. I always like Carl and hope he has a good year. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 2/18/13, 11:17 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by 3Mach1
The kid was way to aggressive imo and will get his *** handed to him in cup racing.
I think that he needs to be aggressive if he wants to survive the Cup racing. Carl lost multiple championships because he was too soft and afraid what the other guy might say if Carl bumps him ...
Old 2/18/13, 11:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by 3Mach1
I never was a Stenhouse fan. The kid was way to aggressive imo and will get his *** handed to him in cup racing. Danica is on the pole but neither will contend for a win nor be in the chase. You can book that. I always like Carl and hope he has a good year. Thanks for sharing your experience.
I was surprised. I expected Carl to be more like Ricky and Ricky to be more like Carl.

I think Stenhouse is going to find Sprint Cup racing to be a difficult place to ply his trade, at least initially. He has talent, he **** sure has good equipment, I'm sure he'll win eventually, but he's making enemies by the bushel. Danica is going to have to prove she's gotten a hell of a lot better at driving in traffic than she was in Nationwide, or she's going to be finishing in the latter half all year long. She needs to leave her temper in the trailer too. Sprint Cup is a wholly different circuit, and everyone on the track is at least as big a name as she is. No one's going to be giving her anything this year. I'll be shocked if she's in the top 25 at the end of the year.
Old 2/18/13, 11:46 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
I think Stenhouse is going to find Sprint Cup racing to be a difficult place to ply his trade, at least initially. He has talent, he **** sure has good equipment, I'm sure he'll win eventually, but he's making enemies by the bushel.
That strategy worked pretty good for Brad Keselowski ...
Old 2/23/13, 10:35 PM
Cobra Member

Stenhouse had better get up on the wheel in the Daytona 500 and show more than he did in his qualifying race. David Ragan whipped his butt good.
Old 2/23/13, 10:39 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 590 Likes on 424 Posts
Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Stenhouse had better get up on the wheel in the Daytona 500 and show more than he did in his qualifying race. David Ragan whipped his butt good.
Jesus Christ, are you still on the David Ragan bandwagon? Holy crap, he's been put in the best equipment money can buy, backed by one of the best teams on earth, yet he still couldn't pull wins out of his **** if his life depended on it.

Quick Reply: Ricky Stenhouse Jr.