Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Monaco F1 GP **Spoilers**

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/11, 09:03 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Monaco F1 GP **Spoilers**

Anyone else find it unbelievable that Vettel was able to tire change under the red for the final 6 laps? It completely screwed Alonso and Button and their strategy, effectively allowing Vettel a free stop? Car changes for safety (such as hamilton's wing) I can see, but not tires, especially when that's all the strategy this season. What a crock. Would have been nice to see those three battle for real instead of just cruising around the track with no chance for passing.

I like Seb, he's a phenomenal driver, there's no denying that, but I'm getting tired of seeing him go flag to flag victories all the time.

Last edited by StangMahn; 5/29/11 at 09:07 AM.
Old 5/29/11, 09:42 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Moving to the 'Racing' section, but will leave a link.

Seb had an extra set of tires, so why not use them if given the opportunity.
Old 5/29/11, 11:52 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
It's just not fair to the other teams for him to be able to change under red. It's a free pit stop essentially, with no penalty what so ever. It's a race that depends on strategy, and theirs got screwed up.
Old 5/30/11, 04:19 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
It's just not fair to the other teams for him to be able to change under red. It's a free pit stop essentially, with no penalty what so ever. It's a race that depends on strategy, and theirs got screwed up.
I'm not stating it was fair in the grand scheme of racing, but in reality it was since it was within regulations. I thought it was an excellent race, and the Racing Gods smiled once again on Sebs. Though I agree . . . I wouldn't mind seeing them 'smile' on another driver or two.

I hope Perez and Petrov are able to make it to Montreal.
Old 5/30/11, 08:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, definitely couldn't believe that they are now allowed to change tires under the red flag. It was a great battle between he, Alonso & Button up to that point, it would have been great to see vettel try and hold them off for those final 5 laps. I guess the FIA wouldn't be the FIA if they didn't change all the rules yearly whether they are right or wrong though.