Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Keselowski says Hendrick teams may be bending rules

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/12, 06:43 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keselowski says Hendrick teams may be bending rules

Keselowski says Hendrick teams may be bending rules: #2-Brad Keselowski believes Penske Racing's refusal to bend the rules contributed to him not being able to challenge #48-Jimmie Johnson for the lead Sunday Michigan. Johnson was leading Keselowski with six laps remaining when his Hendrick Motorsports engine blew. #16-Greg Biffle won the race and Keselowski finished second. During the race, Keselowski made reference to Hendrick's "tricks" with their cars. Hendrick's Kasey Kahne and Dale Earnhardt Jr. finished third and fourth, respectively. The Hendrick cars appear to have different rear suspension setups than other cars, especially at intermediate tracks such as Michigan, Indianapolis and Pocono. "There's part and pieces on the car that are moving after inspection that makes the cars more competitive," Keselowski said after the race. "Some guys have it, some don't. There's a question as to the interpretation of the rule. Penske Racing errs on the safe side because we don't want to be the guys that get the big penalty." Keselowski said Penske will need to re-evaluate its setups. "As a group at Penske Racing, we have not felt comfortable enough to risk that name and reputation that Roger has over those parts and pieces. Others have, which is their prerogative," Keselowski said. "I'm not going to slam it. But it's living in a gray area. & We have to make a re-evaluation of that internally to decide if that's the right way to go."(Sporting News)(8-20-2012)
Old 8/20/12, 11:29 AM
Cobra Member

If its not breaking a rule, then quit the complaining.
Old 8/20/12, 01:15 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau
If its not breaking a rule, then quit the complaining.
yeah .. it aint cheating till you get caught .
Old 8/20/12, 05:22 PM
Cobra Member

Working a grey area and blatantly breaking a rule are two different things in my mind.
Old 8/21/12, 02:06 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Considering most of what does not move in a NASCAR "stock" car is safety or structural equipment, really wonder what happens the first time one of these little cheats breaks and someone gets hurt.
Old 8/21/12, 05:53 AM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Moosetang
Considering most of what does not move in a NASCAR "stock" car is safety or structural equipment, really wonder what happens the first time one of these little cheats breaks and someone gets hurt.
like on danicas car ?
Old 8/21/12, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by HOSS429
like on danicas car ?
Have no idea, haven't watched a full race since Daytona. France family has soured me on the sport.
Old 8/21/12, 04:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have a friend who referrs to Brad Keselowski as 'Bucky' because (my guess) his dental arrangement. As a driver, he gets it done! I can't wait to see what he does in a Ford next year! If it runs, he is not afraid to run the wheels off the car! What Bucky said was something I always suspected! Payola, looking the other way from the officials, ( and don't say it doesn't happen) is just why I always said the Chevy teams have the advantage! What he probably was trying to say is that he wishes he could get away with the nonsense Hendricks cars do! In fact, I question if anything other than a Chevy team gets the same rule book!
Old 8/21/12, 04:13 PM
legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by red pony
In fact, I question if anything other than a Chevy team gets the same rule book!
good post ... i actually quit being a fan after the aero bird came out in 1983 and dominated with the #9 car then nascar allowed gm to use the then front when drive bodied lumina to run cause the monte carlo was such a slug ...
Old 8/21/12, 04:20 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

As a driver, he gets it done! I can't wait to see what he does in a Ford next year!
He can drive for sure, but IMO he's one of the biggest crybabies in the NASCAR.

When he bumps somebody then its "I had to do it, other drives would do the same thing to me".
But when somebody else bumps him then its "the whole world is against me" ...
Old 8/24/12, 04:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Zastava_101
He can drive for sure, but IMO he's one of the biggest crybabies in the NASCAR.

When he bumps somebody then its "I had to do it, other drives would do the same thing to me".
But when somebody else bumps him then its "the whole world is against me" ...
Oh yeah, I do remember something about him and Edwards going at it in the Nationwide series. Almost came to blows if I am not mistaken! But if you want to hear some real whining, Tony Stewart can be worse! He has to be one of the most outspoken vocal crybabys when put in front of a microphone! Kurt( anger management) Bush the same story! Except Kurt takes it to a new level with his abuses toward press!
Old 8/24/12, 04:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HOSS429
good post ... i actually quit being a fan after the aero bird came out in 1983 and dominated with the #9 car then nascar allowed gm to use the then front when drive bodied lumina to run cause the monte carlo was such a slug ...
Yeah! But do you remember when Jeff Gordon wrecked his car in one of the all star races? The (b.s.) announcer were saying he was favored to win.... a few laps into the race, he wreckes his car. THE RACE WAS RUNNING AND NASCAR LET HIM BRING OUT HIS BACK-UP CAR..... AND HE WINS THE RACE!!! If that would have been any other team than Hendricks, I doubt that would be allowed!
Old 8/24/12, 07:34 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Oh yeah, I do remember something about him and Edwards going at it in the Nationwide series. Almost came to blows if I am not mistaken! But if you want to hear some real whining, Tony Stewart can be worse! He has to be one of the most outspoken vocal crybabys when put in front of a microphone! Kurt( anger management) Bush the same story! Except Kurt takes it to a new level with his abuses toward press!
You're right, I forgot about Tony. He's the biggest hypocrite in NASCAR.
Old 8/24/12, 09:30 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

NASCAR: Rear housing devices legal: NASCAR officials said mechanical devices the Hendrick Motorsports teams and other organizations in the Sprint Cup Series are using to gain a competitive advantage in the rear housing are legal -- today. "We watch it weekly because it has ramped up the last couple of months,'' series director John Darby said on Friday at Bristol Motor Speedway. "If it stays pretty level we'll probably leave it alone the rest of the year. "If there is a higher extreme somebody takes it to that could create issues we don't want to see, then we'll react to that.'' The HMS cars in May were the first this season to develop devices that allow the rear axle to turn slightly to follow the front, creating more speed particularly in the corners. "Where we're at today, right now, there is no illegal procedures going on,'' Darby said. "Obviously, there was one we found Tuesday that was questionable. But the mechanical devices, the way they're using them, there's a clear understanding of what the teams are doing.'' Darby said teams are using different methods to create a "hook and ladder fire truck effect that allows the rear axle to turn so the rear of the car follows the front.'' He said there's nothing in the current rulebook that doesn't allow that, but he didn't rule out that changing in 2013. "It's just a direct everybody has gone to maximize, optimize,'' Darby said. "Right now it's pretty level throughout the garage. If you take the most extreme to the least developed, it's not a huge difference.''(ESPN)(8-24-2012)
Old 8/24/12, 03:42 PM

So the Hendrick cars have a dixie mechanic's form of 4-wheel steering?
Old 8/25/12, 03:15 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I can't remember but someone once said, If you aint cheatin you aint tryin hard enough... Maybe Jr. Johnson... Not sure....