Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Jennifer Jo Cobb

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/11, 12:35 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Star
Jason, do you think any male driver would get as much attention (or any attention at all) as Danica did for same results?
Let's face it, all those so-called fans of her know her from GoDaddy.com commercials, but I'm pretty sure they don't know what team she drives for or where her only win happened.

I don't think it's really fair to compare Danica and Jenn in NASCAR. Danica drives for JR Motorsports, one of top teams in Nationwide series, which gets engines from Hendrick Motorsports, the best NASCAR team over the past 30 years. Brad Keselowski finished 3rd in points in his rookie season with this car. And Danica has what, 1 Top 10 finish and the rest are below 30th place finishes due to crashing.
How's Dale Jr. been doing lately and how is his marketability?

How long has Jennifer been driving in NASCAR? A LOT longer than Danica! If Jennifer's talent level was high she'd have a better ride, would she not? She's attractive and well spoken so why hasn't she progressed?

And didn't Brad drive NASCAR trucks for a year or two before joining the Nationwide Series?

Again, I'm not saying she's God's gift to racing, I just don't feel the need to bash her. I like watching her race on ovals in Indycar.
Old 3/30/11, 03:41 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jenn started driving NASCAR Busch series back in 2004, but never drove full time due to lack of sponsors. And nobody wants to take a chance on a 40-year-old unknown driver these days.

I have nothing against Danica, but until she proves that she can drive a NASCAR car she'll be just another overrated driver to me (just like Dale Jr). I just think it's not really fair for Danica to get media coverage during the race while she's running in 30th or worse position (before she crashes) - something that happened very often.

There are plenty of drivers much better than Danica who deserved that driver's seat. Yeah, it was a great financial move for JR Motorsports, but from racing point of view it was one bad move. Almost as bad as Hendrick Motorsports letting Kyle Busch go in order to hire Junior.
Old 3/31/11, 05:09 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Star
I just think it's not really fair for Danica to get media coverage during the race while she's running in 30th or worse position (before she crashes) - something that happened very often.
I agree. I DVR'd the IndyCar race and felt Simona didn't receive "Danica" type coverage for her run in 4th place. However, if she keeps running well (Simona) she has the opportunity to grab more attention away from Danica . . . especially since Danica might be leaving IndyCar after this season . . .
Old 3/31/11, 07:58 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I agree, I saw that Indy race. Simona got barely any attention at all. And she finished 4th.
Old 4/2/11, 09:54 AM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Lilly's cosmetics as a sponsor? Why doesn't she try and get a heavy hitter like maxipads? Poor woman and they make her wear a pink jumpsuit.
HAHAHAHAHA!
Old 4/2/11, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've met her and she's a wonderful person. Class act. Wish her the best.