Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Congrats Carl Edwards

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/10, 03:04 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Carl Edwards

Congrats - Carl Edwards: from Carl Edwards Official facebook page: Kate and I have a beautiful baby girl! Anne Edwards is 8 lbs, 4oz and likes to eat and cry. all of the well wishes and support from everyone mean a lot to us. kates doing great, though shes having a little trouble burping annie....whole new world.
MORE: Anne Edwards was born February 24, 2010 in Columbia, Mo., at 12:44 p.m. (CT) weighing in at 8 lbs., 4 oz. Parents Carl and Kate Edwards, and baby Anne are all doing well. For anyone wanting to send flowers or gifts, Carl and Kate have requested that instead donations be made to the following charity: Back 2 Back Ministries, c/o Anne Edwards, P.O. Box 70, Mason, Ohio 45040. Donations will be used for an orphanage in Monterrey, Mexico.(RFR)(2-25-2010)(2-25-2010)
Old 3/7/10, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
After today's race, I really don't like Mr.Carl. IMO it was just a cheap shot...I think I'll watch hockey next Sunday...
Old 3/7/10, 04:20 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I guess you don't follow NASCAR very often?

What Edwards did to Keselowski today is nothing compared what Keselowski has been doing to him (and other drivers) in both Sprint and Nationwide series for the past 2-3 years.
Old 3/7/10, 05:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Star
I guess you don't follow NASCAR very often?

What Edwards did to Keselowski today is nothing compared what Keselowski has been doing to him (and other drivers) in both Sprint and Nationwide series for the past 2-3 years.
Exactly, Edwards has been getting slammed and bashed on the track but oh wait now that he pays back a driver its a big deal, the Hippocrates(Nascar) are over whelming. That bump he gave him was nothing and the result is huge huge flaw in the design of that Car of Now where thats why they are ditching the rear wing.. Kesolowski said he "Lifted" to let Carl go by..BullS__T! he never lifted and drove right into the back of him..

Last edited by jacostang; 3/7/10 at 05:53 PM.
Old 3/7/10, 05:50 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jacostang
Exactly, Edwards has been getting slammed and bashed on the track but oh wait now that he pays back a driver its a bug deal, the Hippocrates are over whelming. That bump he gave him was nothing and the result is huge huge flaw in the design of that Car of Now where thats why they are ditching the rear wing.. Kesolowski said he "Lifted" to let Carl go by..BullS__T! he never lifted and drove right into the back of him..
Ok yeah the wing is a little flaw in the design of these cars but you can clearly see that Carl did that on purpose. you can see his hands turn the car into Kesolowski car. Now it would have been smarter to do that WHEN THEY ARE NOT GOING ALMOST 200MPH. He should have saved it for a short track where the speeds are less. That was just a plain dumb decision on Carls part to spin him on the front stretch. He might have gotten away with it if it was on a turn.
Old 3/7/10, 05:57 PM

I never said it wasnt on purpose anyone can clearly see that. Little Flaw? Right, completely taking the roof flap safety away from the cars when they are turned around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nlytg1bYI0

Last edited by jacostang; 3/7/10 at 06:00 PM.
Old 3/7/10, 06:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Carl was more than 100 laps down. He has no business taking out a car that is in the top 5. I love Carl, but that was W-R-O-N-G. I my opinion, He needs to be suspended. I hate to say it, but wathcing 5 races from home would teach him a valuble lesson.

What upset me even more was that he wasnt even remorseful...had he appologsed, and said that it was a stupid stunt, and he never should have done that, I think he could have saved himself. But nope.... he was arrogant and said somethig to the tune of "that should end it"...like he got that last word.... A**hole.

Sorry Carl, I love you..... but dude.... you were a Douche.
Old 3/7/10, 06:15 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jacostang
I never said it wasnt on purpose anyone can clearly see that. Little Flaw? Right, completely taking the roof flap safety away from the cars when they are turned around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nlytg1bYI0
Well here si the video from today that shows how big of flaw those wings are. I was only saying a little flaw due to that being the only flaw on the car as of right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcfycCm-ahM video
Old 3/7/10, 06:26 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I guess everyone is forgetting how Brad took Carl out at Talladega last year ...

And what he did to him in many Nationwide races ...

I wish Denny Hamlin has ***** to take Keselowski out like that, because spinning him and Keselowski continuing to race does not justify what Keselowski has been doing to everyone else.

He's the dirtiest driver in NASCAR, he's worst that Montoya and Steve Wallace put together. At least Montoya calmed down and Wallace does not hit people on purpose, he does it because he doesn't have any talent and drives a NASCAR only because his daddy owns a team.
Old 3/7/10, 06:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
Carl was more than 100 laps down. He has no business taking out a car that is in the top 5. I love Carl, but that was W-R-O-N-G. I my opinion, He needs to be suspended. I hate to say it, but wathcing 5 races from home would teach him a valuble lesson.

What upset me even more was that he wasnt even remorseful...had he appologsed, and said that it was a stupid stunt, and he never should have done that, I think he could have saved himself. But nope.... he was arrogant and said somethig to the tune of "that should end it"...like he got that last word.... A**hole.

Sorry Carl, I love you..... but dude.... you were a Douche.
True
Old 3/7/10, 06:42 PM

I agree with ya guys, it was stupid and dangerous for him to retaliate like this but it sure seems like people jump all over Carl....
Old 3/7/10, 06:57 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Keselowski is saying that Edwards should be suspended for at least one race.

I don't remember him being suspended for all crashed he caused ...
Old 3/7/10, 07:01 PM

Keselowski is saying that Edwards should be suspended for at least one race.

I don't remember him being suspended for all crashed he caused ...
Thats exactly what I mean Zoran, the Hypocrites in Nascar are just unreal!
Old 3/7/10, 07:24 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I used to try to give Carl the benefit of the doubt. But the guy ****ed up today. You don't do that at 190mph. I think he should sit out a race.

And I am no Keslowski (sp?) fan and certainly not a Dodge fan by any means.

For some reason it always seems to be everyone elses fault but Carl's with alot of people. Today clinched it for me. I don't wish him harm at all, but he needs to take a look at things and see why he's involved with these things far more than anyone else.

I watched it live. It was blatant and on purpose. No denying it. I watched the interview afterward because I wanted to see what he'd say. He didnt' deny it. He just said he didn't mean to flip the guy. So I can infer that he did mean to wreck him. Lucky he didn't seriously hurt or kill somebody.
Old 3/7/10, 07:28 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Am I, and Dave, the only people who saw Talladega's race last year?
Old 3/7/10, 07:31 PM
Post *****

Am I, and Dave, the only people who saw Talladega's race last year?
I saw it Zoran. And we disagreed about it then too. Keslowski held his line and Carl didn't clear his front fender. Carl tried to force him below the line but he couldn't go because that would cost him his position. He did not turn up into him.

Carl just needs to take up dempolition derby or something. Besides as a racer he's been sucking pretty hard of late. Maybe when he can't win he'd rather wreck people. Sonuds like a personailty problem to me.

For Carl. Not you of course.
Old 3/7/10, 07:32 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
For some reason it always seems to be everyone elses fault but Carl's with alot of people.
Actually people usually blame Carl.
They blamed him last year for Talladega's wreck and they blame him for todays wreck.
He did cause todays wreck, but he didn't do anything that Keselowski didn't do to him in the past.

And Keselowski does not have any friends on the track simply because he wrecks everyone.

I watched all Nationwide races last year and whenever there was a crash - chances were high that Keselowski (and Steve Wallace) were involved.

If anything, I'm sure Denny Hamlin took Carl out and bought him a drink after todays race.

Last edited by Zastava_101; 3/7/10 at 07:33 PM.
Old 3/7/10, 07:35 PM
Post *****

Actually people usually blame Carl.
They blamed him last year for Talladega's wreck and they blame him for todays wreck.
He did cause todays wreck, but he didn't do anything that Keselowski didn't do to him in the past.

And Keselowski does not have any friends on the track simply because he wrecks everyone.

I watched all Nationwide races last year and whenever there was a crash - chances were high that Keselowski (and Steve Wallace) were involved.

If anything, I'm sure Denny Hamlin took Carl out and bought him a drink after todays race.
Well. I don't watch the Nationwide races so I can't comment on those. I ahve no idea what goes on there.

Like I said. I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm not a fan of either. Today I was pulling for 9 and 17. But mostly 9.
Old 3/7/10, 08:07 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I'm Edwards fan (he's my second favorite driver, behind Kenseth) and the accident today was his fault, no doubt about that, but I think Keselowski got what he deserved.
Old 3/8/10, 12:53 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Carl was definitely giving him the business, but no worse than goes on all the time in NASCAR. Without the wing on the COT Brad spins, probably bounces off the wall, and NASCAR odoes the secret happy dance as people tune in to watch these two go round and round the rest of the year. With the wing he does a flip and it's the end of the world. NASCAR can't actively promote full-contact racing and then be surprised when this happens.

Carl should take whatever punishment he gets with minimum comment, be the classier guy, and move on. If Brad comes back at him later, that's the time to worry about him.

I just wish someone had the nuts to do that to Johnson.

P.S. On the 100+ laps down thing:
This is something that DW has mentioned offhand at times: letting guys that far down come out and run around is inherently dangerous. First, their cars obviously aren't up to snuff or they wouldn't be in that situation. Second, you've got a guy in that car who was hoping to make a bid for the win just sitting there and stewing while a race happens without him. And all this so he can bump up a couple spots in the final order. NASCAR should have a cutoff of X number of laps down (double digits) after which a car is automatically retired from scoring and barred from returning to the track.

Quick Reply: Congrats Carl Edwards