Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Awesome Chevy Photo Op!

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/14, 09:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is old but I hear it's great in the winter, when it's cold and your shaking and your knee hits the key, sparks fly everywhere and it catches fire, that'll keep you warm!
Old 6/23/14, 10:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I was going to buy one of the SS before buying my mustang. It is to much of a older persons car and not a great handling car like the G8. The issue is with the Government Motors and the unions. I know I just pissed a bunch of people off. But that was the only way GM could get out of there contracts. We all know the story. But there cars are still crap. I have been a long time GM owner. Oldsmobile's which I love Chevys. But thee new cars are missing something... Oh Yea Fun... Look at some of there new designs!!!!

Chrysler in a few years has Kicked everyone's But on a turn around and quality of car.

When GM got rid of Oldsmobile and Saturn and kept Buick... It was over for me. 2 of there best built brands for many years.. Check the reports. and they got rid of them... Of well That is why I got my Mustang. Walks all over the Camaros and SS's... If you can drive you will walk over allot of cars.

For the one who said that there 93 was built better than the 2014 . You must of had the only one. My brother had a 98 TA was the biggest pile of crap. We all have our opinions on cars But looks like we are all driving the same one LOL

Last edited by Jazzman442; 6/23/14 at 10:19 PM.
Old 6/24/14, 03:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Christ.....is everyone a fan boy? Ford vs Chevy.... Can't it just be American vs the world?

The Chevy SS is a nice car, but Chevy is asking way too much for it.

Last edited by KushBandit; 6/24/14 at 03:08 AM.
Old 6/24/14, 08:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
GM killed Pontiac. That was the most disgusting thing they could have ever done.
Old 6/24/14, 12:25 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by KushBandit
Christ.....is everyone a fan boy? Ford vs Chevy.... Can't it just be American vs the world? The Chevy SS is a nice car, but Chevy is asking way too much for it.
It's about time someone else gets it.

Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
GM killed Pontiac. That was the most disgusting thing they could have ever done.
Not really. The firebird was just a mullet version of the Camaro and has been forever. The G8 was a nice piece but the SS is a good enough replacement. There really wasn't anything else worth mentioning. Grand am Grand Prix bonneville all have chevy or buick equivalents. Just no point in making 4 of the same cars with different badges. Made more sense to keep buick instead.
Old 6/24/14, 01:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
It's about time someone else gets it.

Not really. The firebird was just a mullet version of the Camaro and has been forever. The G8 was a nice piece but the SS is a good enough replacement. There really wasn't anything else worth mentioning. Grand am Grand Prix bonneville all have chevy or buick equivalents. Just no point in making 4 of the same cars with different badges. Made more sense to keep buick instead.
The power train and all was shared between many platforms, like the Camaro and Firebird mentioned, but the Firebird looked way better and had a better interior. I see why they killed Pontiac but being a Pontiac fan, they lost me in the cut. In the 2000's, Grand Am = Malibu = Alero, Grand Prix = Monte Carlo = Regal = Intrigue, and Bonneville = Impala = Le Sabre. Fomoco and Mopar did the same thing with their platforms.
Old 6/25/14, 12:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
its not on fire those flames are coming from the exhaust