Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

Another Ford team

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/11, 04:29 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Ford team

David Starr set to make Cup debut: Leavine Fenton Racing and David Starr are looking forward to making their debut NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start on April 9 at Texas Motor Speedway for the Samsung Mobile 500. Starr will pilot the #95 Leavine Fenton Racing Ford as he looks to put on a show for the hometown crowd. Texas businesses B&D Electrical and TWD Drywall will be on the car along with WRL General Contractors, Ltd. and Fenton Motor Group. "Words can't describe how big this is," David Starr said. "Ever since I was a little boy, I wanted to attempt to qualify for a Cup race. The ultimate dream is to race in the biggest series in the world, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. I can't make the word be big enough to what it means. I'm just honored, proud, and blessed to have the opportunity to do that with good equipment. Even though it's my home track, I'm racing against the most competitive drivers in the world, and to have the opportunity to race against the best in the world is pretty cool." The team announced their formation back on January 7. They will compete in Roush Fenway Racing chassis with Roush Yates Engines. There are only five fulltime employees at the North Carolina shop with veteran crew chief, Wally Rogers calling the shots on pit road and Mark Gregory as the spotter. Over The Wall Crew (OTWCrew) from Mooresville, N.C. will pit the car for the Texas weekend as well.(Leavine Fenton Racing), see images of the car scheems on the #95 Team Schemes page.(4-5-2011)