Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

1 RACE LEFT! IT'S ON!

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/11, 08:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This last race is going to be QUITE exciting!!!
Old 11/13/11, 09:58 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Is there a reason why Vickers wasn't parked today for at least few laps after he crashed into Kenseth on purpose? I'm sure NASCAR would've parked Kyle Busch if he has done that.
Old 11/13/11, 10:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This championship is literally going to be decided on the last lap!
Old 11/14/11, 06:34 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

NASCAR didn't see Kenseth-Vickers wreck as retaliation: NASCAR officials didn't see Sunday's incident at Phoenix International Raceway between Brian Vickers and Matt Kenseth as retaliation. Kenseth disagreed. "Had we felt it was more than a racing incident we would have reacted,'' Sprint Cup Series director John Darby said afterwards. Kenseth called NASCAR out for not responding to Vickers wrecking him the way the governing body responded to Kyle Busch deliberately running Ron Hornaday Jr. into the wall during the Truck Series race last week at Texas Motor Speedway. "Obviously, it is retaliation for retaliation, I guess,'' said Kenseth, whose championship hopes basically ended three weeks ago when he and Vickers got into several on track exchanges at Martinsville Speedway. "I was out of brakes and I was up on everybody and I saw him coming and I lifted at least 10 car lengths before where I normally would lift, and he drove in there at 165 miles per hour and cleaned us out.'' Kenseth reminded NASCAR that Vickers vowed payback after Martinsville. "If NASCAR is going to start parking people for being mad 25 seconds after you wreck and wrecking somebody, then you would park somebody for that,'' he said. "It was so premeditated. It just surprises me that [NASCAR] didn't do anything. I am disappointed, but I expected it.'' Vickers told reporters that he didn't intentionally run over Kenseth, and that he was surprised when Kenseth lifted. "If he wants to doubt us, that's fine," Vickers said. "He wrecked me at Martinsville, he got wrecked here, but it actually wasn't (payback). I'm not saying I wasn't going to pay him back, but I'm just saying that wasn't it."(ESPN)(11-14-2011)
Old 11/14/11, 11:48 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Well he wrecked a Ford, I'm pretty sure that's encouraged in the drivers' meetings.
Old 11/14/11, 11:59 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

If Vickers didn't crash into Kenseth at Martinsville and Phoenix, Kenseth would've been fighting for a championship right now. At both Martinsville and Phoenix he had a Top 5 car.
Old 11/14/11, 12:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FAP_Zastava_Ikarbus
Is there a reason why Vickers wasn't parked today for at least few laps after he crashed into Kenseth on purpose? I'm sure NASCAR would've parked Kyle Busch if he has done that.
Will you get off your **** knees!!!!!

The difference between EVERYBODY and Kyle is Kyle is a repeat offender. He's out of control and he thinks the rules don't apply to him. He has ZERO class and zero respect for the rules. Kenseth is one of my drivers and I didn't like the way Vickers wrecked him, but he shouldn't have been parked at all. And yes had Kyle done something he would've been parked because again this would be the second weekend in a row he got out of hand.
Old 11/14/11, 12:20 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

The rules should be the same for everybody. You wreck somebody on purpose - you should be parked, simple as that.
And Vickers has his share of incidents all over the years. I still remember when he won his first race at Talladega while driving Hendrick's Chevrolet. In the last lap he crashed Dale Earnhardt Jr. (his teammate) and another driver in order to win.

And "Kyle has zero respect for rules" ... Who does have respect for rules? How many times did NASCAR catch Chad Knaus (Jimmie Johnson's crew chief) cheating and how many warnings does he have? How many times were Dale Earnhardt, Darrell Waltrip, Kurt Busch, Tony Stewart and especially Juan Montoya parked for aggressive driving? Never.
Old 11/14/11, 04:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FAP_Zastava_Ikarbus
The rules should be the same for everybody. You wreck somebody on purpose - you should be parked, simple as that.
And Vickers has his share of incidents all over the years. I still remember when he won his first race at Talladega while driving Hendrick's Chevrolet. In the last lap he crashed Dale Earnhardt Jr. (his teammate) and another driver in order to win.

And "Kyle has zero respect for rules" ... Who does have respect for rules? How many times did NASCAR catch Chad Knaus (Jimmie Johnson's crew chief) cheating and how many warnings does he have? How many times were Dale Earnhardt, Darrell Waltrip, Kurt Busch, Tony Stewart and especially Juan Montoya parked for aggressive driving? Never.

You are assuming I have any favoritism at all for any of those drivers mentioned. Quit sucking Kyle's **** and face it.....he's a ***** with no class and he needs put in his place.
Old 11/14/11, 06:12 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

He's a ***** with no class, I agree with that, but he's not the first nor last driver who's like that. Like I said, there are plenty NASCAR drivers right now who were worse than Busch that were never parked for what they have done (Ku. Busch, Stewart, Montoya, Keselowski ...).

I just like Kyle Busch because of his attitude. I hate those boring "suck up to media" drivers who always give the same interview after the race ("The car run well, guys worked hard, I wanna thank my sponsors ..."). I think it's great that NASCAR finally has a driver who's not afraid to show his emotions and who's not afraid to say or do whatever is on his mind because NASCAR might punish him. So yeah, Busch was suspended and fined for a race - but let see somebody else bump him again like Hornaday did. I don't think anyone will dare to do so because they know what Busch will do to them.

Last edited by Zastava_101; 11/14/11 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11/14/11, 07:38 PM
Cobra Member

and I hate *****es that cry about everything......actually that sentence can be shortened to I hate Kyle Busch.
Old 11/14/11, 07:57 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

http://www.nascar.com/news/111114/jm...ase/index.html

But as long as Brian Vickers and possibly some other narrow-minded, short-sighted drivers are entered in the field of 43 along with championship contenders Carl Edwards and Tony Stewart this Sunday, you never really know.

That much was underscored this past Sunday at Phoenix International Raceway, where television replays clearly showed Vickers driving right into the back of Matt Kenseth's No. 17 Ford on Lap 177 of the Kobalt Tools 500 in an apparent move of retaliation for another series of incidents involving the two drivers two weeks earlier at Martinsville Speedway.

Although Vickers later denied to at least one reporter that he deliberately took out Kenseth, the videotape appeared to tell a different tale, leaving Kenseth livid. In light of what happened one week earlier -- when Kyle Busch got parked for the remainder of the race weekend at Texas after wrecking Ron Hornaday during a caution early in the Camping World Truck Series -- it was justifiably mystifying to Kenseth and others as to why Vickers was allowed to get away with it without any kind of penalty levied by NASCAR. Everyone had seemed to agree that it was time to bring some sanity to all this tit-for-tat retaliation business.

John Darby, managing director of competition for the Sprint Cup Series, issued a statement following the race that said: "Had we felt it was more than a racing incident, we would have reacted." But this seemed more than coincidental or hardly incidental, and wasn't the first time in recent weeks that Vickers bounced off multiple cars only to escape the day without so much as a reprimand from the governing body that supposedly is trying to cut down on needless retaliation.

Yet this apparently stuck in Vickers' craw. He tried to get Kenseth back later in the day at Martinsville, but failed and only managed to spin himself out. He vowed to get even some day soon. That led to last Sunday, when Vickers, who finished the day 23rd in the race and 25th in the point standings, finally appeared to seize what he saw as just that opportunity.
"Well yeah, obviously it is retaliation for retaliation I guess," said Kenseth, who finished 34th in the race but remains sixth in the points. "I was out of brakes and I was up on everybody and I saw him coming and I lifted at least 10 car lengths before where I would normally lift and he drove in there at 165 miles per hour and cleaned us out. I don't know. If NASCAR is going to start parking people for being mad 25 seconds after you wreck and wrecking somebody [in reference to the Busch-Hornaday incident], then [it seems] you would park somebody for that.

"You have someone who has been telling everybody for four or five weeks [actually only two] that as soon as he got a chance at a fast race track he was going to make it hurt and wipe us out -- and they do nothing about it. It was so premeditated it just surprises me that they didn't do anything."

So while Kenseth admitted he wasn't totally surprised Vickers took a shot at him, he just couldn't figure out why NASCAR didn't penalize Vickers for it.

"I am disappointed, but I expected it," Kenseth said. "We aren't racing street stocks at a quarter-mile track, so they need to figure out how to get the drivers to settle their differences in a different way and talk about it or figure it out or do something instead of using your car as a battering ram somewhere this fast."

Vickers presumably is out of a Cup ride at the end of the season when Red Bull carries out plans to close down the organization. He could end up in another seat depending on what happens with efforts to revive the Red Bull operation in some other shape, form or fashion -- or if someone else steps up to offer him an opportunity.

But he's doing himself no favors and making few friends in the Sprint Cup garage these days. Kenseth, who is about to complete his 12th full season driving for Roush Fenway Racing and owns 21 career Cup victories to Vickers' two wins and zero titles, hardly has a reputation for taking cheap shots.

Asked after Sunday's latest incident if he had been tempted to take Vickers out when he finally returned to the track at Phoenix many laps down, Kenseth replied: "No, not at all. I don't stoop to that level. When we had our problem at Martinsville, it was heat of the moment where he hit me eight or nine times and I hit him once.

"In hindsight I should have let him go and left him alone because you realize who he is and what he is and all that. You probably should leave him alone and go on. I would never sit down there and wait for somebody and take a cheap shot like that. You can hurt someone like that and that isn't sportsmanlike and that isn't something I would do."
Asked what he would do about it now, Kenseth added: "Nothing. We go race at Homestead."

Let's hope they both have enough good sense to stay out of the way of the guys racing for the trophy. Kenseth, it appears, can be trusted to use his God-given common sense. Vickers? We'll have to get back to you on that one.
Old 11/14/11, 08:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Maybe the entire field will wreck on the last lap and Stewart and Edwards will have to get out of their cars and "Sprint" to the finish.

My money would definitely be on Carl.

See what I did there.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 11/14/11 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11/14/11, 08:12 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Maybe the entire field will wreck on the last lap and Stewart and Edwards will have to get out of their cars and "Sprint" to the finish.

My money would definitely bode on Carl.

See what I did there.
:tomc at::gay:
Old 11/16/11, 03:20 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

• Edwards - Stewart Homestead comparisons:
    1 - Carl Edwards (No. 99 AFLAC Ford)
    · Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 99.8
    2011 Rundown
    · One win, 18 top fives, 25 top 10s; two poles
    · Average finish of 9.5
    · Led 24 races for 784 laps
    Homestead-Miami Speedway Outlook:
    · Two wins, four top fives, six top 10s; one pole
    · Average finish of 5.7 in seven races
    · Series-best Average Running Position of 7.7
    · Series-best Driver Rating of 117.5
    · Series-high 173 Fastest Laps Run
    · Series-best Average Green Flag Speed of 162.956 mph
    · Series-high 1,379 Laps in the Top 15 (86.0%)
    · 236 Quality Passes (passes of cars in the top 15 under green), seventh-most
    2 - Tony Stewart (No. 14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 Chevy)
    · Season-to-Date Driver Rating: 95.1
    2011 Rundown
    · Four wins, eight top fives, 18 top 10s; one pole
    · Average finish of 12.3
    · Led 20 races for 848 laps
    Homestead-Miami Speedway Outlook:
    · Two wins, three top fives, six top 10s
    · Average finish of 12.4 in 12 races
    · Average Running Position of 14.6, 10th-best
    · Driver Rating of 87.6, 11th-best
    · 60 Fastest Laps Run, 10th-most
    · 415 Green Flag Passes, seventh-most
    · Average Green Flag Speed of 162.140 mph, 10th-fastest
    · 1,037 Laps in the Top 15 (64.7%), seventh-most
    · 235 Quality Passes, eighth-most
    (NASCAR)(11-16-2011)
Old 11/19/11, 10:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Today's race is going to be hard to watch for those faint of heart! But I'll manage to enjoy it no matter where I watch it from. Go get it, Carl!!
Old 11/19/11, 10:07 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Payback time for 2005.
Old 11/20/11, 09:08 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have to DVR it because both my little nephews birthday parties are today. Going to be a loooong day.

GO CARL!!!!
Old 11/20/11, 12:15 PM
Cobra Member

If either of them crash, then its all over. So this thing could be over in a few laps!
Old 11/20/11, 05:58 PM
Cobra Member

Unless there's a caution at this point Tonys gonna win. **** you!!!!!

Quick Reply: 1 RACE LEFT! IT'S ON!