Motorsports All motorsports action here, regardless of manufacturer

1-2-3 finish for Ford at Talladega

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/13, 06:13 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1-2-3 finish for Ford at Talladega

David Ragan, David Gilliland, Carl Edwards.

Scott Speed (9th) and Aric Almirola (10th) also finished in the Top 10.

2 Go Snake is gonna be very happy.
Old 5/5/13, 07:25 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Great result. I assume fines and other penalties for all 3 will be in the news tomorrow.
Old 5/5/13, 07:33 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Old 5/5/13, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Where did Bobby finish?
Old 5/5/13, 08:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Where did Bobby finish?
Bobby Labonte?
Old 5/5/13, 08:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Bobby Labonte?
Ricky Bobby
Old 5/5/13, 08:18 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Ricky Bobby
El Diablo?
Old 5/5/13, 08:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

El Diablo?
Shake and bake!!!
Old 5/5/13, 11:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Man, I am absolutely thrilled to see David Ragan win @ Talladega. The move to the front by David was spectacular. He had some great help from David Guilliand and made just the fight moves to get to the front. David Ragan proved again that he is a great strategist and knows how to protect his race car and put himself in contention to win. Maybe now, he will go on to win more races before the end of the year.
Old 5/6/13, 07:35 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Anyone surprised how well Kenseth has been running this year? He won 2 races already and probably should've won the last 2 also since he led the most laps.
Maybe the switch to the Gibbs was a good career move for him.
Old 5/6/13, 08:48 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Zastava_101
Anyone surprised how well Kenseth has been running this year? He won 2 races already and probably should've won the last 2 also since he led the most laps.
Maybe the switch to the Gibbs was a good career move for him.
I'm sure you remember typing this (below)!

IMO, the move to Gibbs is not a better move in Matt's career. He's gonna be #3 driver behind Hamlin and Busch and because of his quiet personality, I won't be surprised if he lose Home Depot as a sponsor.
After all, he's the most underrated driver in NASCAR and doesn't get media's attention no matter what he does. And sponsors don't really like that.
Old 5/6/13, 09:27 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

We'll see; there were years when he drove just as well at Roush and he still lost sponsors because of his quiet personality.
If I was him, I would still stay with Roush. He would had a job at Roush no matter what and I'm sure Jack would give him a job even after retirement.
Gibbs ... not so much. At Gibbs if you don't perform you pretty much get replaced.

We'll see if Kenseth can keep up at this pace after Denny Hamlin returns (and Kyle Busch stops crashing in every race).
Old 5/6/13, 10:24 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Front Row Motorsports Earns First Win in 1-2 Ragan-Gilliland Finish: Front Row Motorsports earned its first NASCAR victory Sunday night at Talladega Superspeedway when #38-David Gilliland pushed teammate #34-David Ragan to the checkers in a dramatic last-lap surge to cap off a wild and rain-interrupted race. Ragan earned Bob Jenkins' young team its first Sprint Cup Series win and Gilliland finished second for the best  and most dramatic  finish in team history. The ending came in the form of a green-white-checkered finish, in which Ragan and Gilliland restarted in 10th and 11th respectively. In two laps, the pair freight-trained through the traffic in their Roush Yates-powered Ford Fusions to emerge at the front of the pack  seemingly out of nowhere and to the surprise and delight of the rain-soaked crowd.
The win is the second Sprint Cup victory for Ragan, and the runner-up finish ties Gilliland's best career result. The milestone event put partners Farm Rich (#34) and Love's Travel Stops (#38) in the spotlight in their first season working with Front Row Motorsports.
"This is a true David vs. Goliath moment here," Ragan said. "This is special to get Front Row Motorsports their first win. It feels like I've never been in Victory Lane before, I'm so excited. We're a small team. We build our own chassis, our own bodies, and it's such a special moment for our team and all of our partners. This is big." For Jenkins, whose passion for racing led him to purchase a small NASCAR team in 2004, the Victory Lane champagne was long, and patiently, awaited.
"I've got guys at the shop that have the heart to win races," Jenkins said. "We just haven't always had the resources. So the challenge for me is, as we build cars, to make them better every week and to put ourselves in a position to win a race and that's really what happened (Sunday). It's just so satisfying to see that over the last nine years, we've gotten a little bit better every single year, and I felt the progress and I knew it was just a matter of time before we'd win one of these things."
"My crew chief, Frank Kerr, said, 'You've got to have the restart of your life,' and we had a good one," remarked Gilliland. "It's a huge day obviously for any team to get first and second, but for Front Row Motorsports and our little team, and what we do it with, we're really proud of that." Gilliland owned the team's previous best finish, a third-place showing in the 2011 Daytona 500. #35-Josh Wise earned a commendable finish Sunday in his first full Sprint Cup race at Talladega, bringing home a top-20 finish after crossing the line 19th.(Front Row Motorsports)(5-6-2013)
Old 5/6/13, 11:28 AM
Cobra Member

It was good to see a 1,2,3 finish for the Ford Fusions. However, I still feel the Ford teams are at a disadvantage. The Toyotas appear to still be dominant. Look how many laps the Toyotas have lead in comparison to Ford.
Once I see the Ford Fusions lead close to at least half a race, I will then say the Fords are fully competitive. So far, the Ford drivers who have won have lead very few laps. NASCAR needs to look more closely at those Toyotas. Kenseth most likely knew the Toyotas had an advantage and felt he had to drive a Toyota if he wanted to win more races.
Old 5/9/13, 01:01 AM
Cobra Member

By now, we know David Ragan is a very good restrictor plate racer. Not many know that David Gilliland is a very good short track racer and knows how to set up a race car to make it handle well. Darlington is a track that requires a good handling car and a driver that knows what he wants his race car to do to make it get around the track. The experience Gilliland has on short tracks should pay off on a handling track like Darlington. I would not be surprised to see David Gilliland give Front Row Motorsports its second straight win.