Notices
'10-14 Saleen Mustangs

Tweaked Saleen Design

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/09, 12:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tweaked Saleen Design

Since I can never leave well-enough alone, I figured I would do "my version" of a Saleen, using renders from parts expected to make production (SSE sides, 3dCarbon hood), plus some other detail tweaks.

Me likey!!!

Last edited by Rampant; 10/29/09 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10/29/09, 09:11 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I like it too. Cool job.
Old 10/29/09, 10:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

WOW!! getting rid of that scoop does wonders that is a really good job
Old 10/29/09, 10:31 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Blainestang
Ditch the ginormous hood scoop, the 1/4-window scoops, and the weird side skirts, and that could be a really nice car.
This clearly proves what I said yesterday about the actual S281. Good idea/chop.
Old 10/29/09, 01:07 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Gettin' closer to the Steeda Q although I like yours better because it doesn't bring the diaper forward into a wrap around huggies like the Q does.

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/29/09 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11/7/09, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by xlover
WOW!! getting rid of that scoop does wonders that is a really good job
He turned it into a plain Mustang. It sure don't look like a 60k car now.
Old 11/7/09, 06:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Great photoshop skill, but I like it the way Saleen designed it, bold, eye-catching and different. This seems sorta like the lite beer version to me.
Old 11/9/09, 12:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
Great photoshop skill, but I like it the way Saleen designed it, bold, eye-catching and different. This seems sorta like the lite beer version to me.
I agree. The only thing on Saleen's version that I would probably change is the 3/4 window scoops.
Old 11/9/09, 12:39 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SCARIER
He turned it into a plain Mustang. It sure don't look like a 60k car now.
Huge, tacky hoodscoops don't make a car look MORE expensive, in my opinion... just the opposite, actually.

Again, in MY opinion.
Old 11/10/09, 07:06 AM

Huge, tacky hoodscoops don't make a car look MORE expensive, in my opinion... just the opposite, actually.

Again, in MY opinion.
You are entitled to your opinion of what is tacky or huge. Maybe some older people like plain. I just think the car they hope to sell for 60k should not look like a plain old man's car.
Old 11/10/09, 10:09 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SCARIER
You are entitled to your opinion of what is tacky or huge. Maybe some older people like plain. I just think the car they hope to sell for 60k should not look like a plain old man's car.
I understand that people who are willing to pay $50k+ for a Mustang GT with a body kit want their cars to be unique. My point is that unique isn't ALWAYS positive (in fact, often it isn't), and that unique doesn't HAVE to be gaudy. Also, just because a car doesn't look like the centerfold of a PepBoys catalog, doesn't mean it's "plain".

BTW, you don't have to be "older" to appreciate subtlety in modifications. I *might* be older than you, but I doubt I fit the typical implication of "older".
Old 11/10/09, 03:42 PM

I understand that people who are willing to pay $50k+ for a Mustang GT with a body kit want their cars to be unique. My point is that unique isn't ALWAYS positive (in fact, often it isn't), and that unique doesn't HAVE to be gaudy. Also, just because a car doesn't look like the centerfold of a PepBoys catalog, doesn't mean it's "plain".

BTW, you don't have to be "older" to appreciate subtlety in modifications. I *might* be older than you, but I doubt I fit the typical implication of "older".

The thing is this is my favorite Saleen because this is the first one in recent years that does not seem to have huge tacked on body kits. The scoop is not huge and it looks like something that came from the factory. The front bumper looks like it belongs on the car and not like a huge add on like we have seen on recent Saleens. I like the side skirts for the same reason. Its not huge and it has a unique shape. There is no huge spoiler on the back. The entire car looks body kit less and that is what i like. Some modified cars you can just look at the front of it and see it has a huge tacked on body kit but this one is different I think. It has a factory look. In my opinion the biggest strength of this Saleen is the subtle OEM look that still manages to stand out. I realize some people will always prefer plain. Thats fine but this car is not seem to have any tacky add ons to me.