Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Mr Shelby's last appearance with the Ford boys

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/12, 01:24 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Mr Shelby's last appearance with the Ford boys

Well, here's his last appearance......durability testing the '13 GT500. I think this nicely goes to show that no, he didn't build the car, but it was built to his ethos.

RIP Mr Shelby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WmmZMxY1rXY
Old 5/23/12, 01:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Great Vid! Thanks for putting this up!
Old 5/23/12, 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting.
Old 5/23/12, 01:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Awesome video!!
Old 5/23/12, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Cool video. This video and the 3 hour shows about Shelby on Velocity this week (and all the involvement Carroll Shelby had in pushing for more powerful Shelby's) had me thinking about some of the Shelby-bashing in the threads here. Seems like it was unfair after what I have learned from watching these specials.
Old 5/23/12, 07:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Great video! Thanks for posting Paul!
Old 5/23/12, 08:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang_Man
Cool video. This video and the 3 hour shows about Shelby on Velocity this week (and all the involvement Carroll Shelby had in pushing for more powerful Shelby's) had me thinking about some of the Shelby-bashing in the threads here. Seems like it was unfair after what I have learned from watching these specials.
What is this velocity that everyone keeps talking about? I don't have it
Old 5/23/12, 09:52 PM
Bullitt Member

great video...really captures Carroll's spirit.
re: Shelby bashing - if you don't have something nice to say...well, you know the rest.
and I don't think most people here bash the guy himself (if you do, your opinion isn't worth much until you've accomplished even half of what he did)...I think people bash the use of his 'name' to artificially inflate the price of the cars with his name on them. I think, though, that the video shows that it isn't just his name that goes on the cars. There is a little piece of him in the cars...and that's worth somethin'
Old 5/23/12, 10:34 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang_Man
Old 5/23/12, 11:49 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Makes me miss the guy even more. I dont have the velocity channel but im sure it will be available on dvd in due time.
Alot of guys do bash the myth that his name in cars infaltes the price but he really did pour his soul into his cars and that in itself is worth the top dollar. Youre not only driving a mustang, but one that has decades of history and part of the man himself built right into the car. I can guess a special commemorative edition Shelby will be released within a few years ('15 redesign maybe) or at least will be auctioned off at the Barret-Jackson shows. I bet itll go down as one big collector car worth a fortune. From re-shaping the way the world viewed american cars to becoming one of the legendary names of racing, he has done more in his lifetime than any of us could ever dream of accomplishing. He definitely lived the American Dream.
RIP Mr. Shelby, see you on the other side
Old 5/24/12, 12:02 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Call it fairy dust......call it magic, but Mustangs and Shelbys are built and designed with passion. That's what sets them apart from mere appliances.

Whether or not he turned a wrench on the most recent cars or not, certainly there's Shelby passion built into every one. Some will put a $ value on that, others won't. But, either way, I'm thankful for his contribution to our hobby.

When I was a little boy, my mum told me thunder was God moving the furniture around in heaven. Now, when I hear thunder, I'll be telling my two children it's actually Carroll Shelby firing up his latest V8 project car
Old 5/24/12, 01:39 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Call it fairy dust......call it magic, but Mustangs and Shelbys are built and designed with passion. That's what sets them apart from mere appliances.

Whether or not he turned a wrench on the most recent cars or not, certainly there's Shelby passion built into every one. Some will put a $ value on that, others won't. But, either way, I'm thankful for his contribution to our hobby.

When I was a little boy, my mum told me thunder was God moving the furniture around in heaven. Now, when I hear thunder, I'll be telling my two children it's actually Carroll Shelby firing up his latest V8 project car
And the lightning is when the snake strikes and another camaro falls victim
Old 5/31/12, 07:38 PM
V6 Member

“Whatever the competition comes out with we’re going to kick the hell out of them.”
Carroll Shelby
Old 5/31/12, 08:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I watched those three Shelby videos on Velocity (didn't know I had it until I was surfing the dark corners of my satellite receiver channels), and they were interesting. I was hoping the last one was going to be on the '13 GT500 rather than the '12 Super Snake, but it was still interesting to watch and learn about all of that stuff. Good series.

And yes, it's a good video that was posted by the OP.
Old 6/2/12, 09:24 PM
GT Member

Very nice video! That is an awesome car! I wish I could afford a new one every time one is released! Way to go Shelby AND SVT
Old 6/7/12, 05:23 PM
Bullitt Member

his contributions to the industry are amazing....glad to be getting a piece of history!
Old 6/7/12, 07:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
@ 1:53, Best quote I have heard from him, "to hell with them" hell yeah, building a car that kills the competition that is 100 grand more. that's why Shelby was successful