Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

I'm sorry Whammer...but not too sorry.

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/10, 03:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
Would that include AmyB? Was her departure due to lack of loyalty, job performance, or commitment to Shelby or his company on her part? Keep in mind she was instrumental in Shelby's resurrection and subsequent successes.

At the end it mattered little just as previous associations and just as how devoted fans are actually viewed which is the saddest part. Unfortunately there is perception and then there is reality.

I have no idea what went on with AmyB. All I heard was she wanted to do the GT500 in house like the GT350, not sure if there is any truth to that or not. There must be more to it than that. It's too bad.
Old 11/21/10, 05:31 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer
I have no idea what went on with AmyB. All I heard was she wanted to do the GT500 in house like the GT350, not sure if there is any truth to that or not. There must be more to it than that. It's too bad.
To be honest the GT500 should be a in house car. It's time for Shelby to reach the same level as Roush, Saleen, and SMS. Not just be FRPP bolt ons. Let it just be the Cobra Mustang from Ford.
Old 11/21/10, 08:39 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
I totally agree. SVT was doing fine with the Cobra name plate and if Shelby has rights to the emblem SVT could do without as well. With respect to the Mustang, Shelby is aftermarket, plain and simple, and not even in the top three mainly due to lack of innovation and resources so to reach their level is out of the question.

I am interested in substance not the name.