Notices
'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

Dealerships...

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/11, 01:51 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealerships...

stop saying the GT500 doesn't qualify for the xplan...when it does.

That is all
Old 6/29/11, 04:23 PM
GT Member

Ask the dealer if he will honor x-plan on a GT500 if it does qualify.
Old 6/29/11, 09:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My best friend is the performance sales manager at a Ford dealer and he says the GT500 does in fact now qualify for the x-plan
Old 6/29/11, 10:53 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F_G2zp-opg

WHEEEEEEEEEE... WHEEEEEEEEEE WHEEEEEEEEEE WHEEEEEEEEEE... WHEEEEEEEEEE...

Old 6/30/11, 02:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It doesnt mean that they Have to take it or will take it.
I have contacted 5 different dealerships across 3 states looking for the best deal on a 2012 GT500 and not one will accept the price. Most dealerships recognize the GT500 is their "Cash Cow" and price accordingly. Not one of the 5 dealerships are asking Above MSRP and most are willing to take less, but not as low as X-Plan.
Old 6/30/11, 09:48 AM
GT Member

Look up your regional ford dealers website, put in your zip code, and you can look up Shelby inventory one dealer at a time (MidWestFordDealers.com, GulfFordDealers.com NEFordDealers.com etc.). Call, ask for the sales manager, then tell the sales manager you want a Shelby, wait for a response, and if it's positive tell him you'll take it, as long as he sells it to you on x-plan. Remember, only talk to the Sales Manager and tell him you want X-plan, on the phone or in private. Follow x-plan rules! If it's a no, call the next dealer on the list and keep calling till you get a yes. It's not likely a salesman will relay your call to the Sales Manager or take a message if the saleman knows you want x-plan on a Shelby. This is a no commision sale.

I made a lot of mistakes with dealers in March trying to buy a Boss for MSRP. Then x-plan became available March 21st on Shelby's, and this changed everything. It was cheaper to lease a Shelby than A Boss! Another option to find your Shelby is to contact dealers in the hardest hit economic parts of the country. I had also found a dealer in Michigan who would order a Shelby to my specs on x-plan, but would not drop ship it to me. I would either have to fly out and drive the car back, or have the car transported to me for about $800. Thats why I started to call dealers locally. Your perserverence will reward you. By the end of the day you will find a Shelby for x-plan.

Timing is everything. I put my zip code in the regional New England Ford Dealer website but wanted to order a car to my specs. There were over 150 dealers withing a 150 mile radius. On April 24th I started my calls with the first dealer 4.6 miles from me. Spoke to Sales Manager, asked if he had any Shelbys, he said he had a dealer order in, but it hadn't been built yet, so he could change it. I said I'll take it, but only on x-plan. He said ok, it's just another unit to him. Faxed me x-plan pricing with my options, went in the next day to sign an intent to buy and put down a $1,000 deposit.
The dealer jumped at my offer. This is a small dealer in a rural area. In April, gas prices were going up, and projected to hit $5.00 a gallon by Memorial Day. I think my dealer was a little spooked because everyone was going in to look at fuel efficient cars then, and was perhaps concerned with getting hung with a performance car. Plus we had just come off a really bad winter. This was April 25th.

My car was built June 3rd, delivered to the dealer June 23rd, and I'm picking it up today at 4:00pm! It's a Black 2012 GT500 with Nav and glass roof. I'm leasing for $540.80 per month for 39 months, $2,000 down, 12,000 miles per year allowance. I can't believe I'm getting a supercar for $540.80 per month!

Last edited by windsor202; 6/30/11 at 09:59 AM.
Old 6/30/11, 02:55 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Freakazoid
stop saying the GT500 doesn't qualify for the xplan...when it does.

That is all
Here's the proof!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
IneligibleProducts.pdf (160.9 KB, 144 views)
Old 6/30/11, 06:27 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Phantom26
It doesnt mean that they Have to take it or will take it.
I have contacted 5 different dealerships across 3 states looking for the best deal on a 2012 GT500 and not one will accept the price. Most dealerships recognize the GT500 is their "Cash Cow" and price accordingly. Not one of the 5 dealerships are asking Above MSRP and most are willing to take less, but not as low as X-Plan.
Contact Lyle Herb at Brandon Ford in Brandon, FL.......
Old 6/30/11, 08:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by windsor202
Look up your regional ford dealers website, put in your zip code, and you can look up Shelby inventory one dealer at a time (MidWestFordDealers.com, GulfFordDealers.com NEFordDealers.com etc.). Call, ask for the sales manager, then tell the sales manager you want a Shelby, wait for a response, and if it's positive tell him you'll take it, as long as he sells it to you on x-plan. Remember, only talk to the Sales Manager and tell him you want X-plan, on the phone or in private. Follow x-plan rules! If it's a no, call the next dealer on the list and keep calling till you get a yes. It's not likely a salesman will relay your call to the Sales Manager or take a message if the saleman knows you want x-plan on a Shelby. This is a no commision sale.

I made a lot of mistakes with dealers in March trying to buy a Boss for MSRP. Then x-plan became available March 21st on Shelby's, and this changed everything. It was cheaper to lease a Shelby than A Boss! Another option to find your Shelby is to contact dealers in the hardest hit economic parts of the country. I had also found a dealer in Michigan who would order a Shelby to my specs on x-plan, but would not drop ship it to me. I would either have to fly out and drive the car back, or have the car transported to me for about $800. Thats why I started to call dealers locally. Your perserverence will reward you. By the end of the day you will find a Shelby for x-plan.

Timing is everything. I put my zip code in the regional New England Ford Dealer website but wanted to order a car to my specs. There were over 150 dealers withing a 150 mile radius. On April 24th I started my calls with the first dealer 4.6 miles from me. Spoke to Sales Manager, asked if he had any Shelbys, he said he had a dealer order in, but it hadn't been built yet, so he could change it. I said I'll take it, but only on x-plan. He said ok, it's just another unit to him. Faxed me x-plan pricing with my options, went in the next day to sign an intent to buy and put down a $1,000 deposit.
The dealer jumped at my offer. This is a small dealer in a rural area. In April, gas prices were going up, and projected to hit $5.00 a gallon by Memorial Day. I think my dealer was a little spooked because everyone was going in to look at fuel efficient cars then, and was perhaps concerned with getting hung with a performance car. Plus we had just come off a really bad winter. This was April 25th.

My car was built June 3rd, delivered to the dealer June 23rd, and I'm picking it up today at 4:00pm! It's a Black 2012 GT500 with Nav and glass roof. I'm leasing for $540.80 per month for 39 months, $2,000 down, 12,000 miles per year allowance. I can't believe I'm getting a supercar for $540.80 per month!
I picked up my GT500 tonight at 6:30pm. Unbelievable car! At first I was shocked at how much of a dog the car was under 4000 rpm and no supercharger yet. Around 28 miles on the odometer, 5 consecutive miles, the engine exploded to life. I was shocked! This thing is a beast...wow. The sound is intoxicating, great seats and I love the short tight throws of the shifter.
Old 6/30/11, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Freakazoid
... That is all
No, it is not.

There is not as much traffic on this forum as in others since it is sort of a small community although what is posted here is usually with a logical purpose and in a amiable manner. Perhaps you have also noticed this forum lacks childish topics and posts mainly due to the GT500 guys are a little bit above it.

Here is a request, hopefully you will honor it. Do us all a favor and take this type of trash and immature baiting somewhere else. Surely there are other forums where your type of talent can be displayed and perhaps even appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 6/30/11, 09:40 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I picked up my GT500 tonight at 6:30pm. Unbelievable car! At first I was shocked at how much of a dog the car was under 4000 rpm and no supercharger yet. Around 28 miles on the odometer, 5 consecutive miles, the engine exploded to life. I was shocked! This thing is a beast...wow. The sound is intoxicating, great seats and I love the short tight throws of the shifter.
That's great man! I remember that feeling well on the way home, I just kept mumbling to myself "God this car is fantastic!"

Oh yeah, the obligatory.......

Well, maybe not this thread, but you get the point.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 6/30/11 at 09:42 PM.
Old 6/30/11, 09:49 PM

I am glad your wait is finally over. And now you are cursed.

That's right. For the rest of your life the thirst only be quenched by taking a step up now that you have tasted the feeling of ultimate performance. As you become more familiar and comfortable with the car the fun factor will improve.

Many congrats. ENJOY!
Old 6/30/11, 10:05 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I looked at the x-plan pricing for the 2012 and I pretty much got that price just by negotiating. I paid 400.00 over x-plan on my 2011.
Old 7/1/11, 03:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I looked at the x-plan pricing for the 2012 and I pretty much got that price just by negotiating. I paid 400.00 over x-plan on my 2011.
Your deal is rare, you got an awesome price for a beautiful car!
Old 7/1/11, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

i feel like in a negotiation even without an xplan pin you can use the fact they are xplan cars and just request the same price. if a dealer would take xplan then they would make just as much off that deal.
Old 7/1/11, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xlover
i feel like in a negotiation even without an xplan pin you can use the fact they are xplan cars and just request the same price. if a dealer would take xplan then they would make just as much off that deal.
The difference is that x-plan also limits dealer fees to $100 so make sure that is part of your negotiation. Before I bought my car I went to a dealer that sold all cars "under invoice" which was true but then charged around $1200 in fees and wouldn't budge on them. Ha!!!
Old 7/1/11, 10:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the car! Great deal!
Old 7/1/11, 10:34 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Your deal is rare, you got an awesome price for a beautiful car!
Not necessarily, depends a lot on what part of the country you're in. Things are bad in many areas. I know of an '11 with everything but glass roof (SVTPP, electronics, car cover) that was bought at the beginning of March just weeks before x-plan became available and the first few '12s were starting to hit dealers in the area, for almost $6k below msrp. Not sure what x-plan would have been, but I doubt it would have been close to that.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/1/11 at 10:36 PM.
Old 7/1/11, 11:10 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Not necessarily, depends a lot on what part of the country you're in. Things are bad in many areas. I know of an '11 with everything but glass roof (SVTPP, electronics, car cover) that was bought at the beginning of March just weeks before x-plan became available and the first few '12s were starting to hit dealers in the area, for almost $6k below msrp. Not sure what x-plan would have been, but I doubt it would have been close to that.
Yeah mine was pretty rare when I made the deal in June of 2010. I looked up the numbers for those options you spoke of on a 2012 and x-plan saves you $5k below msrp on a 2012 with those options.
Old 7/2/11, 12:04 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/2/11 at 01:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealerships...