'10-14 Shelby Mustangs

After 3 weeks FINALY picked up my Shelby!

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/12, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After 3 weeks FINALY picked up my Shelby!

Well I have been on this forum for a little while researching, learning and posting. Finally after about 3 weeks I flew out to pick the car up and drive it home. It was a little less than 500 miles and rained pretty much the entire time, but was a lot of fun. The car was everything I expected it to be, raw, powerful, wonderful exhaust note and attracted a crowd at any rest stop we were at. Here are some pictures of the day documenting the journey.
I also wanted to say how much I appreciated Jeff Greenly at Yocum Ford! I personally visited all of my local dealerships, gave my personal information and the specifics of the Shelby I was looking for. NOT a single dealership made any attempt to find or even called me. I had one where the “boss” actually told the salesman “don’t waste you time with them”. So while I was searching for the Shelby I typed in “rebates on 2012 Shelby’s” in a Google search which had a link to a post Jeff had made on this forum. I made an account and sent him a PM not really expecting much in return based on my prior dealer experience. Needless to say I was surprised to get a reply and then a phone call the same day. Jeff went out of his way to find the EXACT car for me, personally went to the dealership that had it and brought it back to his dealership Yocum Ford. It was a real pleasure doing business, I actually feel kind of bad for Jeff as I am a bit **** about things and I was getting ready to buy a car I have never seen in person. You can imagine I had some concerns, Jeff assured me it was in excellent condition and it was. So thank you Mustang Source, and Jeff! Without either I probably wouldn’t have exactly what I want sitting in my garage!

After a wash, polish, and some carnuba, I decided it was time for a drink and some Korn!

Last edited by Ecrissman; 2/28/12 at 06:07 PM.
Old 2/28/12, 06:55 PM

Excellent....nice story and good to hear that there still some real salesmen out there. Congrats !
Old 2/28/12, 08:38 PM
Cobra Member

Korn? All I could think of was Kenny Loggins seeing how the Shelby is in the greens keeper's garage!

Nice touch w/Red as the MyColor choice...
Old 2/28/12, 10:25 PM
GT Member

what a cool story, congratulations on your sweet ride
Old 2/28/12, 10:44 PM
GT Member

Awesome! Congratulations, sir. It looks perfect.

Mine is just like yours except without the glass roof...so seeing your pictures makes my never-ending wait of 4 weeks from this Friday even harder, but I know it will be worth it. I will have a 1600 mile drive home to bond with the car though.

P.S. Is that your garage!? I am highly jealous...
Old 2/29/12, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Forkmachine
Awesome! Congratulations, sir. It looks perfect.

Mine is just like yours except without the glass roof...so seeing your pictures makes my never-ending wait of 4 weeks from this Friday even harder, but I know it will be worth it. I will have a 1600 mile drive home to bond with the car though.

P.S. Is that your garage!? I am highly jealous...
Yeah thats my man cave, the drive home was the perfect time to get the feel for the car.
Old 2/29/12, 02:39 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by ace72ace
Korn? All I could think of was Kenny Loggins seeing how the Shelby is in the greens keeper's garage!

Nice touch w/Red as the MyColor choice...
Hahahah caddy shack, The last picture is a video and the band playing is Korn.

Last edited by Ecrissman; 2/29/12 at 02:41 AM.
Old 2/29/12, 06:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Congratulations! I love these success stories. Beautiful car.
Old 2/29/12, 06:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Awesome !

Enjoy in good health !!!!

Yes, these dealerships need to realize the buyer in this category is not buying a focus....this is a longer sales process, and the clients are educated on what they want.....too bad they don't understand that the buyer at 60 grand buying a fun car is not in the same mind set as a buyer needing a daily driver for 18 grand.

Their loss, someone else's gain .... Hopefully, this translates into more sales for him as he seems to be the right man for the job !

Congrats !
Old 2/29/12, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrtas,
I love the color combo.
Old 2/29/12, 11:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

You always were in good hands with Jeff! Enjoy the new ride!
Old 2/29/12, 12:07 PM
BB3
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations Sir. Enjoy The Heck Out Of It.
All My Best.------Bill
Old 2/29/12, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where in PA are you located? Beautiful car man!
Old 2/29/12, 12:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Eric, I'm so glad I could help you find the car of your dreams!!! It was ALOT of fun doing everything to get it ready. The pickup at the dealer, driving it back to my store, taping it up to make sure it would be safe on your ride back. Even the drive to the airport was great. It was all my pleasure to help you. Enjoy the car buddy. Its awesome!! And thank you for all the kind words!! They mean alot!!!
Old 2/29/12, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Eric, I'm so glad I could help you find the car of your dreams!!! It was ALOT of fun doing everything to get it ready. The pickup at the dealer, driving it back to my store, taping it up to make sure it would be safe on your ride back. Even the drive to the airport was great. It was all my pleasure to help you. Enjoy the car buddy. Its awesome!! And thank you for all the kind words!! They mean alot!!!
Wish I could have ordered my ford's in Canada With someone like you Jeff....great job!!!!
Old 2/29/12, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by slostang
Where in PA are you located? Beautiful car man!
Monroville/ murrysville
Old 2/29/12, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Well Jeff you hooked me up, I'm not afraid to let everyone know it. If it were not for you I wouldnt have found EXACTLY what I wanted. You treated me well, you took me seriously, I appreciate it!
Old 2/29/12, 09:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice and congrats !

You do know you purchase the fastest colour ? Each stripe is worth 20HP, and the "RACE" red gives you 50 !

So were 90 ova !
Old 3/1/12, 02:23 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by Ninjak
Nice and congrats !

You do know you purchase the fastest colour ? Each stripe is worth 20HP, and the "RACE" red gives you 50 !

So were 90 ova !
In the very little I have driven. It attracts alot on attention, that can be good or bad.
I'm glad you confirmed the hp rating on each white stripe. I did finally find it in the specifications section of the owners manual.
Old 3/1/12, 08:26 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Ecrissman
Well I have been on this forum for a little while researching, learning and posting. Finally after about 3 weeks I flew out to pick the car up and drive it home. It was a little less than 500 miles and rained pretty much the entire time, but was a lot of fun. The car was everything I expected it to be, raw, powerful, wonderful exhaust note and attracted a crowd at any rest stop we were at. Here are some pictures of the day documenting the journey.
AWESOME RIDE, Ecrissman!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Deysha

Quick Reply: After 3 weeks FINALY picked up my Shelby!