Notices
'10-14 Special Editions and Aftermarket Mustangs

RTR?

Old 8/18/10, 07:40 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RTR?

Any information out there about the RTR package? I've read the press releases and seen the website, but haven't heard anything about dates and availability. I know it's largely a cosmetic package, but man, it sure looks sweet!

Also, any idea how much it will actually cost to take one off the lot?

Thanks!
Old 8/18/10, 07:52 PM
Banned

late model restoration has them with tires around $2000
Old 8/19/10, 11:50 AM
V6 Member

I should mention that I'm interested in an '11. What I'm also not sure of is if they have to be ordered, or it they will be already produced.
Old 8/21/10, 05:01 PM
Cobra Member

$7900 for the package
http://www.insideline.com/ford/musta...rolls-out.html

"late 2010" = availability
Old 8/30/10, 11:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Does any body think its worth it?

Couple question:

1. How come the speedo is only 140 and redline is only 6500?

2. Why does the shift **** only have 5 speeds?

I thought this package is based off of a 2011.

Last edited by SynisterGT; 8/31/10 at 09:31 PM.
Old 9/1/10, 11:45 AM
Cobra Member

It was made for last years SEMA show -- long before the Coyote was introduced. Though, if you talk to them, I am SURE they will build it off the '11 for you.
Old 9/13/10, 03:08 PM
V6 Member

how many G's does it pull?? anyone has the info??
Old 9/13/10, 04:07 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by Rampant
It was made for last years SEMA show -- long before the Coyote was introduced. Though, if you talk to them, I am SURE they will build it off the '11 for you.
its available right now for 2011's. some dealers have them on the ground right now

Originally Posted by labatt 50
how many G's does it pull?? anyone has the info??
its on street tires.............................. so prob the same as stock. The differnce you would feel at an autocross or road course a lot more then at a skidpad
Old 9/13/10, 04:26 PM
V6 Member

holly ****.. so it's approx8000$ only for looks and no gain on control ?? still it's mentionned it has a ford handling pack.. anyway... my head is fixed for my future new boss 302.. --if i can get my hands on one..-- from gm to Ford
Old 9/13/10, 04:28 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by labatt 50
holly ****.. so it's approx8000$ only for looks and no gain on control ?? still it's mentionned it has a ford handling pack.. anyway... my head is fixed for my future new boss 302.. --if i can get my hands on one..-- from gm to Ford
I hope your not saying that skid pad G's is the only measure of control and it that # doenst change the car didnt get SIGNIFICANTLY better. Because that would be a very very silly thing to say indeed
Old 9/13/10, 04:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Stinger1982
I hope your not saying that skid pad G's is the only measure of control and it that # doenst change the car didnt get SIGNIFICANTLY better. Because that would be a very very silly thing to say indeed
5-6k of that 8 is pure appearance.
Old 9/13/10, 04:46 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
5-6k of that 8 is pure appearance.
that is true
Old 9/13/10, 04:54 PM
Cobra R Member

^ Right, I mean, someone ought to really want the RTR setup to buy the package and realize that it's something that'll differentiate it that much more from the others.

It's a nice package tho, very aggressive- I'd spring for it if I had the money layin around. But 8k is a solid chunk. Which is what makes everyone picky...
Old 9/13/10, 07:09 PM
V6 Member

so on what numbers do i have to be based on? when reading in magazines the skidpad number it tells me that this car they test can handle the circle they do on a certain speed and until it oversteer.. or spinout /loose control.. so the higher the number for me the better...
i know all the guys here love the horsepower ok i'm in too. but i like a car that stick on the road with excellent tires and balance when i throw it in a curve at 80mph. you know that car handles and can take it not a prius let's say.. the rtr has a lot of eyecatching stuff still it's not a car that interest me, i like the boss because of it 's 1.g ford claim. for me it's really better than my WS6 with i do 88 or 89... so i know the boss will be more glued,better control at high speed, less body roll etc.. the cars that are for sale today that can do thsi are pretty costly.. vette, shelby,nissan gtr etc.. you have to spend cash to make it handle. i was beaten up/spanked pretty well by a bmw 335 --less hp but it handles!--in a country road i couldn't run as high as him the bmw has great control better suspension and it's a hell of machine..and costly too. me in my T/A i was loosing my teeth... if i had a glass of water it would had been spilled all over and the bmw... no drops.

maybe like you say it's sillywhat i'm saying with i'm beliving with or i'm not as experience as you in those specs. what can i say?
Old 9/14/10, 09:13 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Skidpad is a rating of grip, not handling. A car can have great grip without being able to properly transfer weight on a road course.
Old 9/14/10, 01:53 PM
V6 Member

its available right now for 2011's. some dealers have them on the ground right now
Can you point some out to me please? I am interested in seeing what's available and what they are going for.

Thanks.
Old 9/15/10, 09:05 PM
V6 Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Knight
Skidpad is a rating of grip, not handling. A car can have great grip without being able to properly transfer weight on a road course.

so what would you choose a prius with .78G or a the boss 302 with 1.0G?? we all know when the g's are higher we know the car sticks to the road . and should handle well but when the number are lower as for me it doesn't stick. means handle too.. i know the prius--as an example has cheap low rolling resistance tires & the boss will have better higher perf tires with high grip still it helps in the handling dept? yes..?for i .. i wouldn't want to go 60mph in a curve with a toyota the boss would take it no problem /cause it handles &got grip.

how many guys in this fourm consult the G's when checking a car spec sheet??? don't tell me the check for leg space in the back seat and how many cup holders.. so in my previous post i shouldn't base my wanting of getting the boss cause of it's 1g? i know it will handle much better than my T/A. as for weight transfer it should be good cause it had meritt those numbers when they tested it.. anyway i guess i'm just a silly guy. i know it wasn't you who said so.. but i'm just a new ford enthusiast and i think those number are great. the cars that hold well that has high G'S well they cost a fortune. anyway...
Old 9/16/10, 12:23 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hopefully I am not wasting my typing, please keep an open mind as you read, as the saying goes "a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still"

Like you said the prius has cheap low rolling resistance tires, if it were possible to have ones that are as wide as the stang and put some performance tires on it would get very close to 1g no doubt.

But the skidpad doesn't tell the story of the tuning of the springs and the shocks, how the suspension geometry handles changes of camber or caster, the feedback you get in the steering wheel, load transfer when braking or accelerating. Bottom line skidpad is really about tire grip and grip does not mean good handling since you could get high numbers from a prius on good tires, but why would anyone put $2000 worth of tires on a prius?
Old 9/28/11, 12:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my 2011 RTR #025. to clarify everything the RTR package comes with the ford racing handling pack and for power it comes with a K and N drop in filter with a SCT tuner preloaded with a ford racing tune. Honestly the price tag for this package is well worth it. Everywhere i go i get stopped and asked about my car. My RTR is currently the only supercharged one out there. If you would like to get your stock 2011 GT converted you can contact Classic Design Concepts and some ford dealers will take the car and do a full conversion for you. also if you have any questions about the RTR package please feel free to contact me at Mheintz310@gmail.com
Old 9/28/11, 02:16 PM
I am Shauny Clause
MOTM July 2010 Winner

what tires are you running? size?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RTR?