Notices
'10-14 Special Editions and Aftermarket Mustangs

Go to thefordstory.com and share your discontent w/ the 2012 Boss 302

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/10, 01:14 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to thefordstory.com and share your discontent w/ the 2012 Boss 302

If you don't like what Ford has done with the color combos, stripes etc then go to the Fordstory.com and tell them about it:

http://www.thefordstory.com/our-plan...s-302-mustang/
Old 9/4/10, 01:46 PM
GT Member

I think they're sweet!
Old 9/11/10, 01:13 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Although it is probably futile, I added my comments.

edit: Not sure how long it takes for comments to be reviewed but mine have been out there for several hours and are still not shown. I guess they didn't appreciate the part about Larry Shinoda not being around to set them straight. Lol.

Last edited by blksn8k; 9/11/10 at 06:13 AM.
Old 9/11/10, 01:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

What discontent? I love the orange/black combo, love that Recaros and a real LSD are options, love the improvements in handling and horsepower. The only gripes I might have are related to price and number built, but those numbers havent' even been released yet, and are unlikely to change when they are. Sounds like the 2012 Boss isn't for the OP. Not every Mustang will please everyone.
Old 9/11/10, 02:11 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ministang
What discontent?
The inner city look of painted wheels and over the top paint schemes.
Old 9/11/10, 04:59 AM
GT Member

Gives it its own personality man. You can always paint the roof if you don't like it. I didn't like the narrow stripes on the 2011 GT500 at first, but then realize that sorta signifies it's the greatest GT500 ever built and THAT's the way it looks. Now when I get my 2012 I'll want whatever top of the line is and anything that distinguishes it from the other years. If that's the way the best-handling Stang (Boss 302) ever comes, then that looks pretty mean to me.., just KNOWInG what it is. Now, if somebody just painted their car to look like that I'd agree... BUT the fact it's the way the new Boss 302's really look, I think they're pretty awesome.

Sorta like when Megan Fox dyes her hair a different color. She's STILL Megan Fox and all others are cheap imitations. Guess you could say I'm comparing her to the Boss 302.

If you want something plain, then stick with the Bullitt. Those are pretty awesome too, my dad has one. But if he painted it to look like the Boss 302 that would not be smart.

You don't want it to look like just any other car. They've already gone with the plain car (Bullitt). When you see one of those Boss' you'll start salivatin from a mile away knowin exactly what it is. That's what the wild paint scheme accomplishes in my eyes. Works for me.
Old 9/11/10, 08:09 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I'm old LOL!!! I remember the first Boss 302's, as new cars in dealers showrooms. Nothing sounded better than the Boss 302's engine screaming at high r.p.m.'s.

I can see Ford going with the 69's stripes, first year of production. Why in the video do they show the 70's stripes on most of the cars? I never saw a 69 Boss on the street in my area but they were three or four 70 models. When i close my eyes i only see the stripes of the 70 Boss, which 'in my opinion' are the best.

This is only 'my opinion' and i've been wanting to say this for a while now. I wish Ford had gone with the 70 Boss 302's stripes. To me the 69 stripes don't look good at all.

This is only my opinion'. I know a lot of you like the 'New' Boss with the 69 style stripes, i don't.

I feel better now. LOL!!!
Old 9/11/10, 08:59 AM
GT Member

Received 353 Likes on 244 Posts
I've put in my $0.02. Maybe they'll listen. Providing cars that people want is how Ford makes money, so I'm all for telling them what I want.
Old 9/11/10, 09:21 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I just now put my opinion on their web site. About the same as i posted here.
Old 9/11/10, 10:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
They do listen hasn't anyone noticed that right after we buy our Mustang they made some changes that we want the following year & tick me off ! I like them all but they keep getting better more HPOWER fuel efficient etc.
Old 9/11/10, 11:43 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by The Beast
You don't want it to look like just any other car. They've already gone with the plain car (Bullitt). When you see one of those Boss' you'll start salivatin from a mile away knowin exactly what it is. That's what the wild paint scheme accomplishes in my eyes. Works for me.
I appreciate your points. But I'm not suggesting a plain Boss.

I just think the extreme/edgy is too whacked out and therefore something that can quickly go out of style when the next fad comes along. Why not make it a little bit out of the norm with its own uniqueness rather than being so far out in left field that its in the parking lot?
Old 9/26/10, 06:53 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
If it turns out to be as balanced as claimed and promoted by Ford, every single Boss will be sold whether they are two tone or flat black.
Old 10/17/10, 12:14 PM
V6 Member

The paint schemes on the Boss doesn't exactly appeal to me. But the mechanical aspects will make this production run a virtual certainty it will be eagerly snapped up by consumers.

In the end, you may need shades just to look at some of the Boss cars with funky color combinations, to ease the pain on the eyes.
Old 10/17/10, 12:36 PM
Cobra Member

I think the color combos look awesome. To whoever called them "inner-city," I did not know that the Porsche 911 GT3 RS was a common car in the hood.
Old 10/17/10, 12:40 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
non of this matters. our luck its going to be 60k and most of use are not going to get one.
Old 10/17/10, 12:49 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by m4a1mustang
I think the color combos look awesome. To whoever called them "inner-city," I did not know that the Porsche 911 GT3 RS was a common car in the hood.
I did. The hood has all kinds of spray painted drug money purchased hot rides.

For Ford to take an icon like the Boss, that has been in hibernation for way too long, and then only offer some whacked out tagger's paint scheme, is one of the greatest marketing screw ups of all time.

A little flash? Fine. A little edgy? Maybe. But to be way out on the extreme has shot themselves in the foot. Especially when there are no 'normal' options. Marketing 101 dictates that you stay somewhere in the realm of K.I.S.S.

And by the strong response on the boards against Ford's (alleged) designers of the Boss, I am obviously not the only one that thinks this way.

IMO of course.
Old 10/17/10, 01:05 PM
Cobra Member

I guess I don't get what all the outrage is about. The standard Boss 302 looks pretty simple to me and is a pretty nice modern interpretation of the old one.

But the Laguna Seca has the wild styling, and IMO, it's very fitting. The car doesn't look "hood" at all. No "whacked out tagger" took his "drug money" and "tagged" this ride.

But you're right... we're all entitled to opinions.
Old 10/17/10, 01:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

I agree with this

["The color selection is a matter of, which one is the least UGLY, instead of, which one do you like the most, your shade of Yellow is more suited for a luxury model, not a Muscle car, get real, provide a Yellow Canary Shade like most Auto Manufactures use. Orange doesn't have enough POP, instead it looks to brownish, RACE RED is not as RED as your TORCH RED was, GRABER COLORS should be included."]
Old 10/17/10, 01:27 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
I agree with this

["The color selection is a matter of, which one is the least UGLY, instead of, which one do you like the most, your shade of Yellow is more suited for a luxury model, not a Muscle car, get real, provide a Yellow Canary Shade like most Auto Manufactures use. Orange doesn't have enough POP, instead it looks to brownish, RACE RED is not as RED as your TORCH RED was, GRABER COLORS should be included."]
I thought this looked familiar, I posted it and still feel the same way.

LQQK
Old 10/17/10, 01:28 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like the least ugly one

Quick Reply: Go to thefordstory.com and share your discontent w/ the 2012 Boss 302