Nature Coast Mustangs Nature Coast Mustangs website

Why?

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/08, 10:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why?

.................well, it really isn't a long of a story, as one would think. But, let's start with the fact that Red Mustang's, the FHP, and Me, just don't go well with each other. We just seem to have been crossing path's much to frequently. And frankly, I'm just too old to have to keep puting these Young FHP Officer's in their place.

Now add to that..............Remember when, and one of our earlier meetings at NNF, that Richard put those two Bullitt's right out in front of us. Well, Maybe I'm just an ol' softy at heart (yeah, right), but Talk about "Love at first site". That Black Bullitt just awed me. And at that time, I didn't even now how rare a car it would turn out to be.

Now some history...........ALL my best toy's have ALWAY's been Black!! I gave up my Blact T-Bird, for the move to FL, with the Purchase of the Merlot Bird (for Claire), yeah, like I would let her drive it. My 99 GT Vert, was a Black beauty, and a show stopper whereever she went. Even in her very first Rain at the MCA Nationals in Charlotte back in 01, she glittered and brought home hardware. Next.............
We even bought a New Heritage Pony-Puller F-150, Black of course, for her trip to Augusta in 03.
Even there, in the Blistering heat, that melted and warped her rear facia, she again brought home the hardware. Then the unthinkable. I-95 in Philly. WHAM!! We lost them both, and my custom detailed Mustang Hauler as well, on our way home.
I haven't been the same, ever since. I kept buying and trading, and buying and trading. Till I found the Redfire (well, then again, I wanted Grabber Orange, so Claire picked this one for me).
Naturally, just like the rest of us, I couldn't resist personalizing it, to represent me vs. Ford. But, I have done as much to her as these old bones will allow me to do myself. And, I would never, have never, and won't ever, let anyone else mod my car's.
Soooooooooooooo, Back to that night when Richard displayed their two new arrivals: The Bullitt's.
I knew then, somehow, someway, I would eventually, be back in Black!
Now fast forward to a few meetings later. And his offer to us about the deals he would afford to the Membership on "Regular Dealer Stock". Well, as most of you know, we have 2 daily drivers. The Escape and the Dodge P/U. Guess what. They have an 08 Adrenalin in stock. Hmmmmmm. And, even though to us diehards, it's a special edition, to FORD, it's just another truck. Thus, qualifying for the "deal" he talked to us about. Soooooooooooo. While doing that deal, it took a few trips back and forth (my eye couldn't get off that Black Bullitt). Further inspection of it, and a tad bit of research, it sparked and heightened my interest. NOw, although it didn't fit the parrameters of what he was offering us, I had something they could use. A Modified Redfire. Let's just say we both ended up happy. They will now have a "Halo" Mustang they can Feature, to draw attention to passerbys. And I'm back in Black. But, please don't get me wrong, I have loved every minute in, and modifying, my Redfire, to make it one of a kind. Which is the only reason I was able to do this transaction. For she brought an awesome trade-in value.

Now I can test FHP in Stealth mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by FLAstangx3; 8/17/08 at 12:04 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 8/17/08, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PICS! We need PICS!
Old 8/18/08, 05:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
agreed on the pics and congrats
Old 8/18/08, 05:55 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, awesome Dave! Congrats!
Old 8/18/08, 06:55 AM

CONGRATS DAVE
CANT WAIT TO SEE IT!
Old 8/18/08, 07:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Go here:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...79#post5617379

Last edited by FLAstangx3; 8/18/08 at 07:40 PM.
Old 8/18/08, 07:40 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh, you're a tease.

Edit - nevermind - I see you just added a link.
Old 8/18/08, 09:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

It was a boo-boo. Thought about just leaveing it though

Didn't have the heart, so added the other link.
Old 8/19/08, 04:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Very cool Dave, can't wait to see her at MOSI! Congratulations!