Nature Coast Mustangs Nature Coast Mustangs website

I think i'm free of Jarrett Ford for now but...

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/10, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think i'm free of Jarrett Ford for now but...

Even Stevie Wonder can see the difference between these . . .

"Close but no cigar" or "Close only counts with Horseshoes and Hand Grenades" ?

I should expand upon these pic's for those still following , And get this , Body shop manager had guns in the customer waiting area when I walked in , either he was expecting me to refuse the car or I think he pulled them out of his truck when his wife showed up with her own car problems so they swapped vehicles.

Back to my Bullitt , Progressive was out there this morning but couldn't get a good look at it since it was in the garage with the rear facia off , He calls me and says the body shop will be done by 3:30 , including a free oil change for my troubles (I know , doesn't come close to making up for lost time without my car),Removed front wheel to re-balance because when they replaced it the wieghts flew off before I got home , Properly re-attached the inner fender well from when they didn't bother to the first time they replaced the fender , Swapped out the Napa bolt and fastener for the correct Ford parts they lost for the hood alarm switch.

I figured I will just wait until 1:30pm and make an hour drive to Tampa on the Veterans Expressway , close to the Airport and pick up my wheel since he swore up and down was the right color and then it will take me 20-30 minutes to cut across town to pick up Interstate 275 and head North 45 minutes , Exit on a State Rd for another 15 - 20 minutes to get to Dade City where Jarrett Ford is , I already had my mind made up I was getting my car regardless just to keep them from molesting it any further.

So I look over the wheel , very nice finish but I told him it definately looked lighter in color still , in person or pictures but it was 1 or the other or both will get done today and since I dont have my car with me to compare it to I will pay for it and have to bring or ship it back if its not the right color , He said that was fine and even though he kept swearing it was the correct color but just the lighting , I said ok but you are talking to someone who hand washes thier car no less than twice a month , at least 4 times in the dry season , and waxes it monthly , I should know what color it should be. Gave him my debit card and guess he ran it through as credit because he never asked for a signature or for me to punch in my PIN # , loaded the wheel and went to Jarrett.

My car was still in the garage and they were leaving it up to me to back it out of thier facility this time , said no problem , backed out fine , got out and looked everything over and was acceptable enough , went in and told him it looked ok but I wasn't happy about it taking 6 out of almost 8 weeks for repairs , He said take it home , wash it , dry it , look it over closely and if I find anything to give him a call . Don't worry , I won't let them do any more work on my car.........period.

So by now it's going on 4:30 pm , drove down and turn in the rental from Enterprise that Jarrett paid for the 11 days I had , ate into thier profit i'm sure , walked back to body shop , on the same property and got in my car to leave , pulled out onto the highway and before I hit 3rd gear or close to 45mph I hear something that sounded like a rock in the tread or maybe small road debris smack against the rear inner fender well , It didn't dawn on me at the time I had them rotate the tires so the new balanced front wheel was now on the rear and wouldn't you know , the **** wheel wieghts done flew off again , no less than 1/10th of a mile away , there is no way i'm going back for that , if I do it will come out worse than before it went in , finish my drive home , sent the body shop an email saying whoever they're using to balance tires has a batch of wheel wieghts with defective 2 sided tape on them for it to happen twice , with a static balance all wieghts go on the inside of the wheel preferrably close to the center of the wheel.

Just the centrifugal force of the wheel spinning around should keep the wieghts in place , I thought , Anyway , after I sent the body shops email I recieved an email from the wheel guy stating my card did not process correctly and wants me to call tomorrow so I can pay over the phone . My reply to him was a picture of the wrong colored wheel and a sentence that said "You expect me to pay for this?" I'm sure he'll try to call me in the morning to get the color issue straightened out which I don't have a problem with , I always consider the 1st screw up an honest mistake but beware how picky I will be looking over any future repairs , So that was the best part of my day today was his machine not processing my card correctly and I know for a fact there is cash in that account because I have a county job with direct deposit of my check and I do some banking online so I do frequently check the balance of it.