Nature Coast Mustangs Nature Coast Mustangs website

EMS Mustang Show

Old 5/29/10, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMS Mustang Show

Wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for a great show today! Timing could not have been better at the end...it wasn't long at home and it was raining sideways and hail!!
Old 5/31/10, 11:40 AM

Went to leave for Ocala yesterday and found the 2006 Mustang had a passenger floorboard full of water!! Nice surprise. I've read of and know a couple of people who have had this problem who took it to the dealer for repair. Save yourself some money and check this first. There is a Ford TSB bulletin out for actual cowl sealant issues in the event this does not fix your problem.

Got to work on it today. Pulled the passenger side wiper cowl trim off and found the cowl drain in the bottom was plugged up causing the water level to rise high enough in there to allow water to come inside through the A/C micro filter.

At least it was an easy fix. If anyone else has this happen, email me. It can be done without even pulling the cowl trim off for drain access. However, if it has already occurred, you'll need to pull the wiper cowl trim anyway to change the now wet cabin filter. You can squeeze the rubber drain, pull it out the bottom, then rinse the cowl out, clean out the rubber drain, squeeze it back in the hole and re-seat it by gently pulling down on it.

This drain is located below/behind the battery on passenger side and in the same location on the drivers side. Be sure to clean both out while you're at it!

You can change the micro cabin filter by just removing the passenger side cowl/wiper trim piece. This is removed by removing 2 retainers and gently pulling it out of its snaps. Once removed, look into the recess and you'll see the filter. Gently pull out on the top of the filter and it comes right out. Do not damage the plastic frame, as the new filter will be inserted into this and reinstalled. I don't know if Auto zone or other retail outlets carry this filter, but the Ford Dealer is the best source. Once you've removed the old filter from the frame, inserted the new one, place the filter assy lower tabs into their slots and just press the filter back into place with a "snap". Thats it, you're done.

If you have oak trees near your house, you better check these drains annually. The blooms that come off are the problem. The cowls on these cars are great about not allowing big leaves, etc into that area, but the tiny pieces accumulate, get wet, combine with sand/dust, make mud paste to clog up the drain!

From now on, when I do the summer oil change in June, I'm going to make it a habit to change the micro filter (cabin) and clean the drains. Cheap insurance against this happening again.

Now have to pick up some damp-rid to help dry out the interior. Been running a fan in it with windows down all day today after absorbing all I could by hand.

Last edited by SuddenDeath; 5/31/10 at 11:49 AM.
Old 6/6/10, 05:30 PM

It was a great show, can't wait for you to start bringing Sudden Death out. I get a lot of grief for not detailing my II to the level all of the others do. I got 23 points deducted for dirt just about everywhere (the hazards of living on a dirt road). It’ll be nice to not be the II @ these shows.
Old 6/6/10, 06:44 PM

Spent a couple of days last week removing the turbos getting it ready for header fabrication soon. Here's an update photo we took with some others for Hot Rod Mag and an upcoming feature "then and now".

Wheels are restored back to the original machined finish, mint original center caps, new tires, brakes, fuel system, and battery cables front to rear.

Next is headers, exhaust, ignition system, and finishing the fuel system underhood.

Old 6/6/10, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by MyHorse
It was a great show, can't wait for you to start bringing Sudden Death out. I get a lot of grief for not detailing my II to the level all of the others do. I got 23 points deducted for dirt just about everywhere (the hazards of living on a dirt road). It’ll be nice to not be the II @ these shows.
I was quite surprised at the guy (judge) hitting people on dirt in the wheel wells. Kinda disappointing when everyone there, except the 67 Shelby, drove their cars to the show.

I'm hoping by the end of summer to have it where I can drive it around some. Still have a little list of things to do on it. I want to get all the kinks worked out and the car mostly back as it should be so I can start thinking about cosmetics. Trying to correct mods done over the decades and collecting as many NOS trim pieces as I can come up with.
Old 6/14/10, 07:36 PM
Bullitt Member

That show was a lot of fun!
Kirk, don't feel bad, your car was the first one judged and Dave was
using your car to teach me how to help with judging ;-)