The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Candy Apple Red (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f745/)
-   -   2008 S-197 Gen 1 FORD MUSTANG Dark Candy Apple Red Picture Gallery (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f745/2008-s-197-gen-1-ford-mustang-dark-candy-apple-red-picture-gallery-522881/)

tbear853 6/24/13 09:41 PM

2008 S-197 Gen 1 FORD MUSTANG Dark Candy Apple Red Picture Gallery

5 Attachment(s)
Here's a few pics of our "new to us" 2008 GT 5spd, it's been well taken care of and low mileage. With it's arrival, we now have something for every day .... too many, so one of my Thunderbirds will go.
Anyways .... It's dark candy apple red. We have been looking at Mustangs a long time, but the 2005-09s are our favorite late models.
She found this one the 17th and we bought it the 19th and brung it home ... it rained. Friday I did a quick wash and Saturday we both worked on it some, her in the interior and I did a better wash and wax.

Attachment 198325

Attachment 198326

Attachment 198327

Attachment 198328

:nice:
Then we went for supper.

Attachment 198329

PJRManagement 6/24/13 10:31 PM

Hang on to the car...and the wife. Both sound like keepers!

tbear853 6/25/13 06:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by PJRManagement (Post 6646071)
Hang on to the car...and the wife. Both sound like keepers!

Thanks ... and she's definitely a keeper.

Attachment 198297

We met December 26, 1978 and married in August 1979, she has always loved cars. She had a Pontiac Trans Am when we met, I had a '67 Chevelle SS.

Back in 2009 I decided to pull the plug and put in my papers with the state after 31 plus years retiring effective 01-01-10, so in June 2009 she started pushing me towards a new truck ..... as my old truck is a '77 F150 4X4 I've had since 1986.
I started looking at 1990s models, she pushed for newer ..... I saw a lot of nice trucks at car lots up to 100 miles distance on days off, some nights we'd just go a different direction. Drove a few, almost bought one, then in August 2009 I was pulling through a lot at Christiansburg Motor Mile, saw my first Raptor there ...
..... and suddenly she shouted "there it is" .... and never having seen a Raptor before, thinking it looked like a strange steroid fed F150 I asked "Yeah, but what is it?" ....
..... and then I looked over at her and she was pointing across the roadway at a Red 2007 F150 Supercab Flareside (stepside like) FX4.

Attachment 198298

We crossed the roadway for a closer look and it was sharp .... and of 50-60 or more trucks we had looked at, it was the only one she beat me out of the car to look at., she was excited that night (just like she did when she saw this Mustang last week!) and as we test drove it, I told her that with all the vehs we had, if we bought the truck it likely meant no Mustang and she said"That's OK, I'd rather have the truck" (hence my getting the "Her GT" tag later as a gag .... which she wants back now).

Now, many times she has said something in mixed company about how she loved Mustangs, but she never would agree to us getting one .... until now. We had a 1977 F150, 2001 Merc GM since Dec 2001, 1985, 1992 and 1995 Thunderbirds (1985 since near new), a 2003 Forester, and that night we added a 2007 F-150 FX4. (I later sold the 1985)

She really liked it when I lowered the truck a few inches. :)

Attachment 198299

tbear853 7/22/13 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, recently ... since last posting .... the new DMV tags and title and such arrived at the car lot and I drove down and picked them up. The next day while she was at work, I went to our DMV and swapped the new generic tag to my 2007 FX4 and swapped the "HER GT" tags to the Mustang for the "Wife Unit" ....

Attachment 197714

I also removed that "billet aluminum" grille overlay from the stock grille (hung it's 3 parts in basement) and I made a front tag lower mount to support the lower part of front tag .... and I installed a Hurst Billet Shifter.

DarrenGT 7/22/13 11:18 PM

gorgeous car! Love the color. I am partial to FX4's too. Enjoy!

tbear853 7/25/13 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by DarrenGT (Post 6661116)
gorgeous car! Love the color. I am partial to FX4's too. Enjoy!

That 2011 Ecoboost F150 looks familiar .... like one I've seen over on a F150OL sight!

Love the Ducati!

DarrenGT 7/25/13 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by tbear853 (Post 6662297)
That 2011 Ecoboost F150 looks familiar .... like one I've seen over on a F150OL sight!

Love the Ducati!

I am on the F150Forums too. Have been a truck guy forever till recently. Still love the luxury of the F150, especially when you just wanna get somewhere in quiet style. They own the highway too. no trouble passing almost anything on the freeways.

tbear853 7/29/13 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by DarrenGT (Post 6662322)
I am on the F150Forums too. Have been a truck guy forever till recently. Still love the luxury of the F150, especially when you just wanna get somewhere in quiet style. They own the highway too. no trouble passing almost anything on the freeways.

I knew I'ld seen it .... screen name is some familiar too.

We sure love our FX4!

:)

tbear853 8/28/13 06:19 PM

Looked a lot, looked at cars here, on the street, and googled a bunch. I never before realized so many styles of just simple stripes ....
.... so to start I ordered the 20 piece Lemans Stripes kit from Graphic Express yesterday ....
( http://www.graphic-express.com/k_lemans_racing_stripes.asp )
.... in Silver Metallic.

We'll see how it goes, may place a second order for the GT front bumber kit along with something on sides .... not sure yet.

Will post pics when they get on the car. :D

DarrenGT 8/29/13 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by tbear853 (Post 6679748)
Looked a lot, looked at cars here, on the street, and googled a bunch. I never before realized so many styles of just simple stripes ....
.... so to start I ordered the 20 piece Lemans Stripes kit from Graphic Express yesterday ....
( http://www.graphic-express.com/k_lemans_racing_stripes.asp )
.... in Silver Metallic.

We'll see how it goes, may place a second order for the GT front bumber kit along with something on sides .... not sure yet.

Will post pics when they get on the car. :D

Nice choice. I went for the similar stripes on mine. I hope you like them.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps702fd8f7.jpg

tbear853 9/12/13 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by DarrenGT (Post 6680497)
Nice choice. I went for the similar stripes on mine. I hope you like them.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...ps702fd8f7.jpg

Those look great .... I'll have to share the side stripes with the "Wife Unit" for her input ..... where did they come from if I may ask? :google:
Maybe I overlooked them at Graphic Express? :dunno: :D

DarrenGT 9/12/13 10:42 PM

I had a graphic shop custom design and apply the stripes based on the 2013 shelby. He simply removed the 500 from the sides and stretched out the GT letters. He did a superior job to most kits or factory applied.

tbear853 9/14/13 07:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
He did a great job for you, unique and looking good! :agree:

Sunday I started with preliminary steps to install my Silver Metalic Le Mans stripe set from Graphic Express ( http://www.graphic-express.com/00-ford_motor_company.asp ) and found out that finding and marking a dead straight dead center guide stripe isn't so "fast and easy" if you really want it straight and centered. I ran out of time and then I worked today, but I have a 1.44" wide ( they don't sell 1.5" wide tape here no more ) blue center stripe that is straight and centered as desired.

I completely lined the back side of a flexible aluminum 36" long "yardstick" with a couple layers masking tape to not scratch the car and and used masking tape to mark on, finding center in about 5 places on the hood, 4 on the roof, and a few out back. Then I measured 3/4" off either side, and placed short pieces masking on each side, then used the yard stick to make sure my marks all agreed.

Do not put weight on roof when leaning over it from a stool.

I used a lot of masking on both right and left sides of hood, roof, trunk to mark consistent measure points as edges are no parallel. Finally ..... several hours later I have a super straight and perfectly centered 1.44" wide blue masking tape center stripe. :)

Attachment 196845

Attachment 196846

DarrenGT 9/17/13 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by tbear853 (Post 6688314)
He did a great job for you, unique and looking good! :agree:

Sunday I started with preliminary steps to install my Silver Metalic Le Mans stripe set from Graphic Express ( http://www.graphic-express.com/00-ford_motor_company.asp ) and found out that finding and marking a dead straight dead center guide stripe isn't so "fast and easy" if you really want it straight and centered. I ran out of time and then I worked today, but I have a 1.44" wide ( they don't sell 1.5" wide tape here no more ) blue center stripe that is straight and centered as desired.

I completely lined the back side of a flexible aluminum 36" long "yardstick" with a couple layers masking tape to not scratch the car and and used masking tape to mark on, finding center in about 5 places on the hood, 4 on the roof, and a few out back. Then I measured 3/4" off either side, and placed short pieces masking on each side, then used the yard stick to make sure my marks all agreed.

Do not put weight on roof when leaning over it from a stool.

I used a lot of masking on both right and left sides of hood, roof, trunk to mark consistent measure points as edges are no parallel. Finally ..... several hours later I have a super straight and perfectly centered 1.44" wide blue masking tape center stripe. :)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...1a42ad2a-1.jpg

nice but there's no picture :(

tbear853 9/17/13 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by DarrenGT (Post 6689370)
nice but there's no picture :(

There was when I finished the post ..... not sure what happened, but it's fixed.

I wanted to install the stripes starting tonight but it's gonna get into low 40s here and instructions say no lower than 45 for 48 hours .... so I hope to start the actual install tomorrow evening and maybe finish Thursday when I get off early. It surprised me how long the layup took ..... LOL.

This part time job in my retirement has me working 35-40 hours a week ..... the store is short handed it seems.

I just want to say ..... "LOVELY BIKE!" .... like them Ducs.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/...16d1d4.jpg?895

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...-16-061000.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...025121507a.jpg

DarrenGT 9/19/13 11:19 AM

very nice classic! Good luck with the stripes. I can't wait to see the finished result.

tbear853 9/21/13 11:59 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Well, on Thursday 09-19-13 I got off work early enough that when I got home I assembled my tools and app mix and tackled the smaller stripe parts back at the rear .... 14 pieces of 20 went back here. I have a few small bubbles like under the spoiler where I can't smooth them and a few in that first piece that fits between the tail lights ..... if the sun don't fix them I may install one of the black honey comb filler panels ..... still thinking on that.

I think it would look great ..... maybe someone with photoshop can show me?

Getting the trunk pieces in place accurately even under the spoiler was a real trick .... I'm still not sure how I did it but suddenly, they were in place correctly.

On the spoiler, I slid the narrow rear pieces up and let them lap over on top of the spoiler and then laid the top pieces to overlap on top. That was in reverse of what the instructions said, but I wanted the front leading edge of the spoiler covered too and some overlap, not simple "butt" joints.

Attachment 196764

Then on Saturday 09-21-13 I tackled the rest, starting with the roof. Sad part is when I pulled my rolled up stripes out, seems somehow the roof pieces had buckled or bunched up and I'm not able to swear I didn't do it in rerolling them Thursday night.

Attachment 196765

Since I had already installed some of the stripe set, I decided to try to make the best of them, and the pass side came out OK, the drivers side roof has a few small wrinkles across the center where that wrinkle or bunched up part was .... worked awhile on it .... if the sun doesn't help smooth them few wrinkles I'll get a replacement set of just the roof stripes from Graphic Express (likely on "my dime", though the longer hood stripes rolled up with them came out perfect .... I just don't see how I did that, but can't say I didn't?)

When installing these, besides lots of the wetting "Splash" solution, I held up the half while I squeegeed the other half .... pausing to add wet stuff. Then I worked towards the front squeegeeing as I went along easing stripe into position. I had already made several marks on masking release tape backing and blue masking.

Attachment 196766

Anyway, "Wife Unit" says I only notice it because I'm looking for it and that I should give it some time before pulling the stripe off for a redo, and Graphics Express says "Please be patient" .... so maybe they will get better with some time? We'll see. :(

Wife did help when I did the hood, and again I had trim ed the sheets to the edge along the side where they set against the 1.44" wide blue center stripe guide. I held off maybe 1/32. I must say the "Wife Unit" 's help was absolutely necessary on the longer hood pieces .... and they came out virtually wrinkle and bubble free ..... near prefect .... and measure almost exactly 1-1/2" apart their whole length.

Attachment 196767

Attachment 196768

Attachment 196769

I used about 1/2 gallon of that "Splash" liquid I mixed (8 oz "Splash" with 120 oz water = 1 gallon or 128 oz.) .... so I have enough for redoing the roof if I do .... and I likely will and whatever side stripes we decide on.

Over all, I am pleased .... I'm willing to give the sun some time to help.

To anyone doing their own,
use a lot of wet stuff and follow directions ..... and clean all wax with a clean microfiber towel and Naphtha ..... t-hey say 10 times with a clean towel each time.

EDITED 01-08-2021:
Just wanted to throw in for anyone interested, the bubbles completely cured them selves within a few month's time, even on the roof. I know it's been 6 or 7 years now, lot of good it does now., but I was looking for a post, read back through, and realized I never did post an update on the stripes & the bubbles. Yeah, they healed.

:)

DarrenGT 9/22/13 11:54 AM

looking fantastic! Yeah hopefully the sun helps but even if you have to redo a piece or 2 it will be easier now that you have experience :)

GrnT 9/22/13 12:25 PM

Your stripes look great. I like graphic express.

tbear853 9/22/13 04:42 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DarrenGT (Post 6691325)
looking fantastic! Yeah hopefully the sun helps but even if you have to redo a piece or 2 it will be easier now that you have experience :)

Thank You kind Sir! Oh yes, it do help a lot having an idea from experience as to work time and pressure and what to expect. Today was the first day of sun and we have company that came in last night that will be with us all week, so today we went to some antique places they like to visit and I parked it out in the sun at the house while we were away .... and just today that rear panel between the tail lights is like 80% (estimated) better with the smallish bubbles, almost all gone.

Attachment 196752

The pieces on the roof look better as well, the pass side almost OK too .... but that driver's side stripe still shows enough that if not cleared up in a month or so, I'll replace it because it's directly in line with where I look across at my wife as getting in or out and it just bugs me ..... even if no one else ever notices. :fear:

Originally Posted by GrnT (Post 6691332)
Your stripes look great. I like graphic express.

Thank You, and I like their product as well. I am gonna order some side stripes as the wife says she wants them, so I'll likely order roof replacement stripes as well .... and I may get some for accents for one of the T-birds.

Here are a few pics today, evening light .... for anyone looking at Silver Metallic Stripes on a Dark Candy Apple Red Mustang (very last one was with flash which lit up reflectors). :nice:

Attachment 196753

Attachment 196754

Attachment 196755

Attachment 196756

tbear853 10/24/13 08:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Like many Mustang owners, neither of us liked the excessive (in our opinions) fender gap at the rear, just looks so much better when tire is at least centered more or less. Never did like the "Hi-Jackers" look in back, not even so much back in the day of old.

So 10-18-13 I fixed it, and that mod is covered in a thread all it's own.

But I'll just update this thread with some few pics that will show the car in it's current state, lowered rear and all. These are taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway 102013, compared to pics above in this dedicated thread .... one can see the difference vividly.

I also notice that this "Dark Candy Apple Red" paint really kick's up it's heals when the sunlight hits it at different angles .... we love the color!

Attachment 196314

Attachment 196315

Attachment 196316

DarrenGT 10/24/13 09:20 PM

That looks great! Nice color combo and wheels. very classic looking!

tbear853 10/25/13 10:21 PM

Thanks Darren ....wife is still thinking about those lower rocker stripes .... :)

Edit 011014:

Picked up the new "keyless entry number pad" from my local Ford Dealer today, lady in parts dept made me a good deal ..... just waiting for warmer weather to install .... inside the gas door I think.

Edit 020914:

I ordered and received silver rocker stripes, just have to wait for warmer weather to install ..... I'll install part and see how we like them before doing all. Got the ones she wanted, they are two wide stripes total about 2.75 " outside width and up front, no lettering .... just a solid stripe with "Running Mustang" cutout. The portion with the cutout is solid instead of two separate stripes .... I am thinking how it would look to remove the center strip so that I'm left with a pair of stripes that match the rest down the side, but with a "set of legs and tail" in the lower part and "head and back" in the upper half .... red showing through silver.

Edit 022514:

I surprised her today. A few days ago I ordered a pre-painted hood scoop and some better looking tail light trim (better than the ones that are on it) from American Muscle (used a $10 coupon code too) .... and today the UPS man dropped by to deliver both.

Edit 030314:

Found some nicer tips at work, stainless steel, polished like chrome, 3.875 OD exit with slant cut rolled edge, 9" total l;engyth along top side .... just about $38 for the pair. They have a "muffled core" that I have already removed with a few careful cuts with Dremel and cutoff wheel ... and some pulling. I found the inlet is also 3" OD as are OEM tips, but some slotting 1.5" and the use of a pipe expander opened them up to 3.0" ID. Get some band clamps .... and now that they are ready, I'm just waiting to get over this nasty cold and see snow gone that's falling as I write this.

So now I have five things to do next warm day I'm free.

tbear853 3/8/14 05:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, today (030814) was a warm day here but wife is still fighting a nasty cold so we stayed around the house and I took a spell and installed the new polished stainless steel rolled edge angle exhaust tips I picked up, had to cut stock tips back a little but they came out well ..... and then I pulled the Putco #400811 tail light trim that was on the car off, cleaned all the old glue, used the alcohol and then "adheasion promotor" supplied and installed the new MMD (from American Muscle) tail light trim ..... she loves the new trim and tips.

Attachment 194441

Attachment 194442

My hope is tomorrow is pretty, maybe she'll feel up to a short drive to Penny's Diner for an early afternoon dinner?

Attachment 194443

tbear853 3/22/14 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So today I managed some detailing and minor things and I got to install that pre-painted hood scoop the "Wife Unit" wanted. She really gave it a lot of thought, I was OK with it, I think they look great on the Mustang but it looked good without as well.

Anyway, "Done Deal" now!
:rofl2:

Attachment 194076

Then it was time to shower fast, shave and drive to Waynesboro to meet our GWRRA chapter folk at Chauncey's BBQ for supper and then to Willy's for Ice Cream. :nice:

DarrenGT 3/22/14 11:35 PM

She's looking beautiful. The wife unit has good taste :)

tbear853 6/22/14 09:35 PM

Call this a "LINK POST" for Our Red GT.

I had replaced my cracked Pirelli tires with Goodyear RS-As in June 2014, had them balanced on top of line machine, and then some time afterwards found that the persistant and nagging slight imbalance was finally cured with 3 ounces of Red Jacket 15g 6mm Air Soft BBs poored into each tire to fine tune any imbalance out.
After that, I decided that my experience using the "bead balancing" as a supplement on a 55 series tire might benefit others ... so I moved it to
here:

https://themustangsource.com/f637/tires-cracks-balance-531924/

And here is a link to a thread about pinion seal and a vent mod that cured our '08's leak that is here:
https://themustangsource.com/f637/pinion-seal-leak-vent-cured-i-think-530807/

Added links for me:
Shifter ball rattle fix
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...i-hope-529591/

Tbear's Hurst Billet Threads
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...thread-523689/
and in January of 2021 a link adding shift link bushings:

Bronze Bushings at Shift Link experiences? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

EDIT ..... Clutch Line Installed 11-20-15
https://themustangsource.com/forums/f...7/#post6955067

More later:

:holding:

tbear853 9/29/14 09:18 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well, yesterday Sept 29, the "Wife Unit" and I took a ride up through Harrisonburg and up to Baker via Rt 259 where we met this car (among others) ...

Attachment 190893

... then back around through Wardensville and supper at the Southern Kitchen (c1955) in New Market ...

Attachment 190894
Attachment 190895

... which was recently listed as "for sale" by the original owners family .... but it's still "GREAT" (best Fried Chicken anywhere and when I want something lighter, I love their "Buffalo Chicken Wrap" with a side of home made cole slaw .....) . We then stopped at Meem's Bottom and took a short walk, then home.

Attachment 190896

All in all, a really great ride ..... even if the sun was hidden a lot.

Today .... today I changed oil and filter and other service on the Mustang, the '07 truck, and the Scoobie .... then waxed the Mustang and Scoobie .... busy day.

tbear853 11/14/15 08:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, "Wife Unit" finally decided she wanted rocker stripes but she never said what lettering, etc she might like .... she wanted me to put stripes on. I ordered them from Graphic Express where the other stripes came from, same color ..... and I did my install parallel to the bottom rocker panel edge.

Was gonna post some pics from Skyline Drive or BRP ..... but didn't make it up there yet. Here they are in the yard though ........

Attachment 186451

My thinking is I may add something or change later ..... they weren't too badly priced. Sometimes I think we should have used white stripes .... but those are aplenty ...... silver on red is different.

I also am considering a blackout panel for between the tail lights. Did get a McLeod SS braided Clutch Line yesterday ...... gonna install it this week coming.

EDIT ..... Clutch Line Installed 11-20-15
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...7/#post6955067

Still debating?
Attachment 186452

tbear853 4/18/16 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just to keep it close, here's a picture taken April 3rd, 2016 of the Mustang with the original Air Force 1 "Columbine II" parked in the back ground at Bridgewater, Va.

Attachment 178502

tbear853 10/11/18 09:48 AM

Have not installed hill holder (Hurst Lineloc) yet, but did install those side scoops she wanted. Added something to sides I think. When ordered, read feedback and was thinking about what to use on fake intake portions, then opened box and found they came with honeycomb like inserts …. that coincidently matched the one I had made from an old grille found at a wreck scene years earlier for the hood scoop that had a plain black piece and saved for future use.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...a085e7cfed.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...091deee4be.jpg

The side scoops were added October 2018, still stuck solid in place, color still matches perfect, Wife still likes them too.

This past June of 2020, I decided the rocker panel stripes needed something more, so I ordered and applied these black vinyl reflectorized running pony over the stripes like a horse running a track … they reflect silver.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...14d41f927b.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...5118049487.jpg
EDIT 12-30-2020: ... Was digging through stuff in the basement, found the side rocker stripes with pony cut outs described in post #23 above in 2014, still sealed in the box, I guess I forgot I had ordered them when in November 2015 post #29 above when I ordered these stripes from the same vendor. Oh well, end of this edit.
:D
I did wire brush & paint the rotors (black), but it looks like they lost some paint from scrubbing and developed a little surface rust on the brake surface part from sitting? I know, need to drive it more. It sits under a car cover on the carport, battery tender hooked up. That black on the fender lip at the stripes is a piecwe of black door edge protector plastic applied to protect the ends of stripes, I did it at each end in the fender well lips. I thought I'd have the line - lock in by now, just been so freaking hot here.

And just a couple days ago, I installed the MMD gas pressurized hood lift kit, sure is nice not having to hold the hood up looking for the prop rod in the dark. The instructions don't say it and the pictures are way dark, but you use the last fender bolt nearest the firewall for the lower end. Also have to pull the clip, these don't just "snap on" the balls. Put the clip in after popped on the balls. The bracket that bolts to the hood is several inches longer than the hinge and there is a gap at the forward end., I applied a 1/4" piece of rubber there for extra support when pulling the hood down.
EDIT 12-30-2020: ... Hood lifts still work great, I like not having to fish for the prop rod. End this edit too.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...9c48dc0a6d.jpg

Normally I trim my zip ties tails smooth flush, but I see I forgot. I used brightly colored ones where I routed my battery maintainer lead. The blue splotches are just the car cover bunched up.

tbear853 9/7/20 11:15 AM

So yesterday, 09-06-20 we took a short ride, picked up some prescriptions and supper too, found these at the local Ford dealer too. I know the owner of the white one, don't think it's for sale, just display soon.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...c0fca979c2.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...a68adb1864.jpg
And hears a better pic of the addition to the side stripes I think.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...f19227e2ed.jpg

I think it was just "hidden" there beside a dumpster until it gets moved to the showroom.

tbear853 12/28/20 11:57 PM

Wow, been that long since we had her out? This is Mid October. The trees are still green, but not so much now, but the days are getting longer so Spring is coming! I miss my road trips.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...f9b60a37df.jpg

I guess it's true, this is early October.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...944efd9f2e.jpg

m05fastbackGT 12/29/20 06:31 PM

What are you talking about? You submit a post less than 24 hours ago about your car last being out in mid October. Meanwhile, It's now nearly the end of December. So how do you figure that spring is coming when it won't be arriving for at least another 3 months. WTF!

Mustang Freak 12/29/20 06:41 PM

I had to read it a couple of times myself to make sense. What I believe he is implying is that he last drove it in mid October but now it's already December almost January. :yup:

tbear853 12/29/20 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 7058408)
What are you talking about? You submit a post less than 24 hours ago about your car last being out in mid October. Meanwhile, It's now nearly the end of December. So how do you figure that spring is coming when it won't be arriving for at least another 3 months. WTF!

Oh gee, I'm sorry 'bout that Mr. "Walter Thursby Frankenheimer". Spring always follows Winter, always has, and I fully expect it will in 2021 too. I was just thinking of some fun rides, some prettier weather, of days I was able to get out. I'm truly sorry if I somehow stepped on your cookies, but that's how they often get crumbled these days.

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 7058410)
I had to read it a couple of times myself to make sense. What I believe he is implying is that he last drove it in mid October but now it's already December almost January. :yup:

Yes Sir, it was a cold damp day and I was looking back through some pics remembering the fading Fall and thinking of the now passing Winter and the soon to be Spring ... and the rides it'll bring I hope.

m05fastbackGT 12/30/20 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by tbear853 (Post 7058413)
Oh gee, I'm sorry 'bout that Mr. "Walter Thursby Frankenheimer". Spring always follows Winter, always has, and I fully expect it will in 2021 too. I was just thinking of some fun rides, some prettier weather, of days I was able to get out. I'm truly sorry if I somehow stepped on your cookies, but that's how they often get crumbled these days.

Oh wow, I'd sure like to know by who and how often my cookies are being stepped and crumbled upon these days lol. Perhaps, if the lack in clarification from your previous post hadn't been such a factor, in the first place? Just maybe it wouldn't had been as difficult to read in order to make sense as to where you were actually coming from, to begin with. Obviously, I wasn't the only one who also found your post as difficult to read over as well. Needless to say, it sure wasn't my cookies that were stepped on, but rather it was yours that were stepped on instead by your response, which btw also resorted to name calling lol. That being said, right back at you :rofl2:

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 7058410)

Like yourself, reading over his post was difficult to make sense out of which was the contributing factor towards misinterpreting his post, to begin with!

​​​​

Originally Posted by tbear853 (Post 7058413)
Yes Sir, it was a cold damp day and I was looking back through some pics remembering the fading Fall and thinking of the now passing Winter and the soon to be Spring ... and the rides it'll bring I hope.

Perhaps for you, winter is now just passing by.. However, for those of us here in the north east, winter has only just begun and won't really be over until the weather finally becomes warm enough to bring our rides back out between April-May. Therefore, spring can't arrive quite soon enough.

tbear853 12/30/20 06:05 PM

I know the post banner says 12-30-20, but this was a remnant of a double post I made by accident I guess, it is now 11 or so days later that I'm putting something besides pfffffffffffffffffft in it.

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak

Like yourself, reading over his post was difficult to make sense out of which was the contributing factor towards misinterpreting his post, to begin with!

We did get in a few rides since "the dust up" of December 29-30, 2020.

The thread is titled "Our red GT" as I recall. I was lamenting the point that we had not been out on any Mustang rides since mid October and how it was then already December and soon to be January. I found out that it's just too easy to confuse some people with such musings.

I do keep a 1.5a battery maintainer on the Mustang's battery so it's always ready.

I'm also running an air line to the carport too, for easy checking & adjusting of any tires on the Mustang or other vehicle without needing to drive around to the basement ... or of dragging a tank or compressor up to the carport or driveway.

Gee, just think ... just two more months of Winter ... then it'll be ... Spring time ...with longer warmer days, more birds, stuff greening up, yards getting mowed, time to put that snow blower away too! Yeah!

tbear853 12/30/20 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 7058432)
... but rather it was yours that were stepped on instead by your response, which btw also resorted to name calling lol. .

Oh, see, I thought "WTF!" was maybe your initials followed by maybe a code for "esquire"?
"Walter Thursby Frankenheimer" was just the first possible name that matched the supposed initials that came to mind. I guess I guessed wrongly huh? I still am not sure what the exclamation was for? It was, after all, your post that you tried to take me to task with ... as if I answer to you. :D

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 7058408)

"WTF!" appears where I would sign a note ... if it needed signing. Now you have my curiosity stirred, if it doesn't stand for "Walter Thursby Frankenheimer", I ask you ... what does your using "WTF" followed by a "!" mean?

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 7058432)
Perhaps for you, winter is now just passing by.. However, for those of us here in the north east, winter has only just begun and won't really be over until the weather finally becomes warm enough to bring our rides back out between April-May. Therefore, spring can't arrive quite soon enough.

... WTF? :eek: Please tell me that y'all don't have different weather patterns than the rest of us? :rolleyes: We down here are about 9 days into winter and spring will start near about March 21st. just as it has every year. I bet it will do so up there too. ;)

YES SIR, Spring IS coming! :banana:

m05fastbackGT 12/31/20 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by tbear853 (Post 7058450)
Oh, see, I thought "WTF!" was maybe your initials followed by maybe a code for "esquire"?
"Walter Thursby Frankenheimer" was just the first possible name that matched the supposed initials that came to mind. I guess I guessed wrongly huh? I still am not sure what the exclamation was for? It was, after all, your post that you tried to take me to task with ... as if I answer to you. :D "WTF!" appears where I would sign a note ... if it needed signing. Now you have my curiosity stirred, if it doesn't stand for "Walter Thursby Frankenheimer", I ask you ... what does your using "WTF" followed by a "!" mean? ... WTF? :eek: Please tell me that y'all don't have different weather patterns than the rest of us? :rolleyes: We down here are about 9 days into winter and spring will start near about March 21st. just as it has every year. I bet it will do so up there too. ;)

YES SIR, Spring IS coming! :banana:

First off, are you really serious or just seriously that ignorant??? lol. Anyhow, WTF: stands for the phrase "What The Fu*k" and the reason it was posted was from not understanding where your original post was coming from, rather than the initials for my name with an exclamation for which you were clearly wrong for assuming. Second, I have no clue as to what "Walter Thursby Frankenheimer" even means, nor have I ever heard of it before, but I assumed it was intended as some sort of sarcastic remark, nevertheless. At any rate, if you weren't quite sure or had any doubts? perhaps you should had bothered to ask what WTF meant, to begin with before assuming it was meant as some direct attack against you personally or as your outrageous claim of answering to me in anyway. As for your outrageous claim of my post trying to take you to task with, had absolutely nothing to do with answering to me whatsoever, but was merely out of frustration when attempting to read over your original post in regards to not quite understanding where exactly it was that you were trying to come from and was therefore attempting to seek some form of clarification in order to have a better understanding as to where exactly you were coming from in hoping to be on the same page and nothing more. And also for your information, I wasn't referring to when spring officially begins on the calendar, but rather when the snow is finally done for good until the next season. Therefore, yes our weather patterns are in fact different here in the north east and at times we still get snow from March into early-mid April and although it's very rare, it's also been known on occasion to snow up here in early May as well. That being said, it is what it is, whether you choose to accept reality or not :dunno:

tbear853 12/31/20 09:18 AM

Walter is the name given to Mr. Winchel in a old movie ... as well as Jeff Dunham's "old guy dummy", Thursby was the name of a part in the movie The Maltese Falcon, and Frankenheimer was just the first name that come to mind as a last name starting with an eff (F), I could easily have used Franklin or Fuchs or Foster or any of many others ... except Fl**d.

Just guessing there.

As Ethan Edwards said to Moses Harper in The Searchers ... "You get it Blankethead".

Happy New Years (and may it too have four seasons).

m05fastbackGT 12/31/20 10:12 AM

For what it's worth, the initials in my name are RMP and I'll just leave it at that.

tbear853 12/31/20 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 7058480)
For what it's worth, the initials in my name are RMP and I'll just leave it at that.

Well, I knew they weren't WTF ...

:goodbye:

m05fastbackGT 12/31/20 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by tbear853 (Post 7058485)
Well, I knew they weren't WTF .

Wrong again, Slick!

Originally Posted by tbear853 (Post 7058450)

Once again, straight from your very own words lol.

:goodbye:

tbear853 12/31/20 08:46 PM

Headrest Angles

I forget when I did this, maybe was about 2015-16 when I had a lot going on. After getting the Mustang, one thing I especially hated was the head rest angle and the way they forced my head forwards so my chin was might near on my chest ... not quite but too close for comfort especially on longer drives. So I did the bend mod to set them more upright. Hugely more comfortable we think. I forgot to take a before picture, but I borrowed one to compare, maybe it was here somewhere? The pictures are from slightly different view angles, and the before picture has the headrest up higher off the seat where as mine has it down all the way, but it shows the change reasonably well.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...3ae85e43db.jpg

tbear853 1/2/21 07:03 PM

01-02-2021

Took the Mustang out for a ride today, was warm enough, Car run dang near perfect, still has that nip if hurried from 1st to 2nd if attempted cold, but a mile of use, it's fine. I checked the tires before we left but about 20 miles out, ... "BEEEEEEP" .... it was a low tire warning. I pulled over to look, all standing up well, but these tires are large enough they can be a few pounds low and still carry a pony.

I turned to leave and was somehow instantly reminded of a wreck here in the '90s. Two guys in a Mustang were going west about midnight, they were found in the demolished car where the circle is. The driver was virtually unscathed but the passenger was hurt bad enough to go straight to hospital asap.

Driver said he was going the speed limit and that a deer run out. I found where the car ran off I-64 west bound into the median before he even got to guard rail intended to prevent this wreck, traveled behind the guard rail in the median until there was no bridge, he then cleared Rt 60 hitting the far side and then the heap of crumpled Mustang fell down to the roadway. It was a miracle that either one survived. I told him where he started, I even took him up there in my police car to show him as I looked and he said "Wow?, I was booking wasn't I?". I told him there was no doubt in my mind but that he was laid out, he then said he maybe fell asleep. I asked him how he saw a deer then.

The passenger went to the ER with Rescue ... and I took the driver over there after I cleared the scene. I was halfway expecting the passenger to be 10-7 at the hospital as he was some messed up ... but he made it. Some wrecks you just never forget, others you think you'll recall ... then they fade?

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...20496982d3.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...08aaa98faa.jpg

In case my post is confusing, I was just reminiscing here, no other reason, no complications, and I did it to post another picture of our 2008 Dark Candy Apple Red Mustang GT.

Be careful all. ... HAPPY NEW YEARS too! :)

Note, no posts were wasted making this post.

tbear853 1/10/21 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by tbear853 (Post 6705850)
Edit 011014:Picked up the new "keyless entry number pad" from my local Ford Dealer today, lady in parts dept made me a good deal ..... just waiting for warmer weather to install .... inside the gas door I think. ... etc ...

Just thought I'd post, it's still working as long as one puts the right number in. I've been thinking I might soon need to use a Dremel and open it up to put a new battery in it, reseal with some stuff ... but such has not been needed yet. Today is 7 years.:nice: I forget the number (have 4 number pad numbers to recall, so every once in a while this one escapes me) but it's recorded in a place well hidden from common observation. Mounted inside the gas door vertically, clears cap fine if I park the cap handle horizontally.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...7ff861cdcc.jpg

Also, bought some bronze bushings for the shift linkage, When it dries and the snow goes away, I'll get them put in one afternoon but here's a link to a thread:
Bronze Bushings at Shift Link experiences? - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
and I'll save a link to a transmission lube thread here too:
TR3650 fluid: My experiments in wishing for better shifting from this thing. - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums .

tbear853 4/6/21 09:32 AM

Pulled the cover off, cleaned her up, ready for Spring '21 finally. Played with the shifter lever, repositioned it, got some bushings to put in yet and that hill holder LL. 34,234 miles.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...16ec7fcdec.jpg

Mustang Freak 4/6/21 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by tbear853
Pulled the cover off, cleaned her up, ready for Spring '21 finally. Played with the shifter lever, repositioned it, got some bushings to put in yet and that hill holder LL. 34,234 miles.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...16ec7fcdec.jpg

Nice glad you woke her up! :nice:

tbear853 5/3/21 11:35 PM

Sunday drive.

So Sunday, we took the Mustang for a ride down to the cemetery where my parents are burried. Was a beautiful day too, and my parents are in the Mountain View Cemetery over on Grassy Hill Road that is in Franklin County in the Blackwater area, where the real events depicted in the movie "Lawless" took place back in the 1930s. I know the movie is pretty accurate as I heard the tales as I grew up in the '60s, I knew some of the people in their later years, even related to a couple that were gone before I arrived. Anyway, was a nice drive, we even did some antique shopping.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...377e263a11.jpghttps://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...49ec91cc90.jpg

Old US Rt 220 is called Grassy Hill Road, runs from Rocky Mount almost to Boonesmill where it goes into "new" US Rt 220.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...28e9cffff8.jpg

I had set the mileage, etc. Car swears it delivered an average 29.6 mpg. We went easy on it.

I also made the loop of Rocky Mount, The "Hub" drive in dates to the 1930s anyway, in the very early '50s was where my Mom and Dad shared their first milk shakes. In earliest years it was much smaller with dirt / gravel parking. I remember it being smaller, but it had pavement by time I took notice,.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...ddb5c4642d.jpg

You're asking "why is he putting up picture of dumpster?" now. This is on what is known as "Grassy Hill", up on old US Rt 220, and back in the very early 1950s, those trees were not there. It was a wide pull off parking place once, even had a couple picnic tables as I recall ... with a tremendous view of the town below, my Mom's Sister first told me about it, then one day Mom pointed it out as we passed going to visit Dad's grave. They used to go up to look at the lights, before they got married and moved to Texas, before I came along.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...23c3edf269.jpg

Just thought I'd share. We put about 160 miles on her. :)

m05fastbackGT 5/4/21 10:11 AM

The cemetery most definitely has a very peaceful scenery without question. Meanwhile, thanks for sharing all those awesome images :nice:

tbear853 5/4/21 05:35 PM

Thank You Sir!

I almost didn't post them thinking "there is no Mustang in them", but it was such a nice ride, I relented and then did post them.

tbear853 6/17/21 10:17 AM

Looking for ideas today as it's such a nice day to go ride, looking at some pics, found these two. It was another beautiful day, can you tell it was in West Virginia?
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...0479d35b1f.jpg
If you ever see one of these while traveling, pretty good food stop, at least ours is.
I think I recall being told they tend to follow rail roads,
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...d1567e035b.jpg

shaneyusa 6/20/21 09:15 AM

That is one winding section of road... Nice, like the classic photo in front of the diner. :nice:

tbear853 7/5/21 09:01 PM

Well, July 4th was a gorgeous day here, we took us a ride, looked at some antiques at Roanoke. After Covid these last 15 months or so, was fun. I discovered I didn't like the previous shift mounting set up, so I revised it today.
Hurst short throw problem - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

I did get a fair picture there in the lot, then we took a long way home up 220 through Botetourt & Alleghany Co. My first time seeing this station was November 1981 as I was following my new First Sgt. up to my area assignment for 3 months field training before the basic academy, where I met my wife too. That was the first week of November, 1978. I think it was a different brand then, but I then took the same hood shot picture from my '67 Chevelle SS 396. .My First Sgt was driving a brown '78 Plymouth.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...ab3d32cc92.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...9dfe1a9471.jpg

Jaryd21 7/6/21 02:55 AM

Very nice glad you were able to get out on the 4th and enjoy the day and reminisce. Great back story. Thanks for sharing the pics and your service. :salute:

tbear853 7/6/21 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Jaryd21 (Post 7062753)
Very nice glad you were able to get out on the 4th and enjoy the day and reminisce. Great back story. Thanks for sharing the pics and your service. :salute:

Thank you.... It was funny, I was but 24, starting a new career, single, and the Trooper I was assigned to ride with for field training before basic ... well his wife worked at a bank ... and they both kept telling me I needed to meet a certain girl that used to work there at the bank with her, but had left to work at the local DMV. I met a couple others there in that county, but the Trooper would warn me off (and I'm glad he did) , said they were gonna have us both over for dinner to meet.

I waited until I had just 5 weeks left I was only gonna be there 3 months, and so one day I just went to the DMV and waited in line to say "Hi, my name is L** W****n , I'm supposed to meet you at a dinner" ... I real soon had a date for iced cream that night, and a few months later we were engaged, and after basic we got married. We came back to the adjoining county in '81, still here too. She was a secretary at our office here for a few years.

In car stuff, I maybe fixed my gripe with the shifting of this Mustang, She had replaced the floor mats, but not really. She had really just covered them. I found a rolled up mat under the clutch pedal in the dark depths of my floor, it shifts 100% better now. The hook in the carpet is missing, gonna order one.
Floor mats - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums
No, I never mentioned it to her because I still can't figure how I didn't notice it when I was adding the clutch pedal extension block ...... but I doubtlessly did. I wash the cars, but she likes to do vacuuming, etc inside.

Jaryd21 7/6/21 08:56 PM

That's great to hear good stories like yours. And also about things we all over look and like to slap our foreheads about lol. :doh:

tbear853 7/9/21 12:00 AM

Missed Vana tonight.

Yeah, I missed her tonight. Was out after a storm cooled things, sky's looking better, late sun casting long shadows and had told Wife I would wash both the Mustang and her Forester after both had been caught in showers earlier this week. Wife comes out after 7:30 to tell me how good Vana's blue number with sparkles fit and moved tonight. I guess I just will take her word for it ... said the shoes looked nice too. She did help me dry them both when ready. I use a small electric pressure washer for rinsing as it does something to my water that leads to less spotting issues and usually I can dry one spot free if I don't let the water sit too long.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...256de2268a.jpg

Mustang Freak 7/9/21 05:26 AM

Looking good! :nice:

shaneyusa 7/9/21 06:56 AM

Ooooooh, purty. Looking good, And that shine! Almost need to put my sunglasses on :nice:

tbear853 7/9/21 09:50 AM

Thank You both!

That's two cured coats Liquid Glass ....

m05fastbackGT 7/9/21 01:21 PM

Looking sweet as always.. Thanks for sharing :nice:

Jaryd21 7/9/21 07:15 PM

:agree: she is looking great. Got that i like being shiny look. Great job.

tbear853 4/15/22 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jaryd21 (Post 7062855)
:agree: she is looking great. Got that i like being shiny look. Great job.

Thank you Sir, Wife really likes her being shiny, we pulled her still clean out from under the carport from under her cover, took a drive ... was a clear clean day. ASAP at home, I could tell, she wanted to wash her again ... so we did, she dried, then back under the cover on the carport, tender plugged back in.

If we go out in the Mustang, I know we are eating out in a "sit down" as no food is allowed in "HER GT", not gonna happen. I've jokingly asked her for permission to service the car, I have a Hurst line lock kit specifically for the car, for Wife to use as a hill holder ... I chagrin at the thought of a smudge.

tbear853 10/11/22 09:11 PM

Mr. Jefferson's Baths being restored.

Thomas Jefferson built the baths at Warm Springs, in Bath County, Va. We took a ride over a coule days ago, was beautifl weather, nice to see they are being restored.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...3e85a6023a.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...f1907258b9.jpg

Then we drove over into West Virginia and Fall is here.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...668935d223.jpg

Headed home, worked a lot of Sunday afternoon radar here over the years.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/themust...3f4c660bb6.jpg
All down hill, got some really high rollers here.

m05fastbackGT 10/12/22 07:01 PM

Very nice scenery pics indeed, especially the down hill images taken from within the Mustang... Meanwhile, thanks for sharing :nice:

05stangkc 9/28/23 10:32 AM

UPDATED
2008 S-197 Gen 1 FORD MUSTANG Dark Candy Apple Red Picture Gallery