GT500KR CONFIRMED FOR 2009!!!

Search this Thread

Old 3/19/08 | 06:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

GT500KR CONFIRMED FOR 2009!!!

I got to work this morning and while logging onto the Ford dealer website, I saw this announcement that had a heading "2009MY Shelby GT500KR". So I clicked on it, and read the readout. Ford will make an additional 746 units for the 2009 model year, with 571 of that 746 run being for the USA. The total run for US KR cars is now 1,571, the exact same number as they made back in 1968. I don't know how to feel about this. Ford's reason is that they want to meet the demand worldwide. I guess they didn't see the ones sitting on Ebay with NO BIDS!!!. All in all, I do know is that there will be some pretty peeved customers out there who did pay a whole heck of alot of money thinking they were getting a 1-year only car. The only difference, the 2009 will not have the anniversary badging. Just wanted to let this be known.
Old 3/19/08 | 07:32 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

I'm so glad that the dealership I work for hasn't "earned" a KR yet to have to deal with the backlash from upset KR customers!
Old 3/20/08 | 07:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I'm so glad that the dealership I work for hasn't "earned" a KR yet to have to deal with the backlash from upset KR customers!
Same here Brian. Selling this car for the "market" value would have upset people once they learned about the 2009's coming out.
Old 3/20/08 | 07:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think I've finally had it with ford
Old 3/20/08 | 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

The whole exclusivity thing has a bunch of people’s panties in a knot

The whole exclusivity thing has a bunch of people’s panties in a knot. I personally don’t select my cars based on their perceived “exclusivity” that entire pretense is kind of snobbish. I select them for what they are and how they suit my driving needs and desires.

I really like my Special Edition Mustangs. They are not “Special” to me because nobody else has one; they are special to me because of all of the cool speed parts Ford has added. I really don’t mind how many other people get one. I **** sure don’t “invest” my hard earned money in automobiles with an impractical expectation of a great appreciation in value. Anyone who actually thinks Cars are a reasonable place to “invest” money with an expectation of potential profitable returns is silly. This decision by Ford illustrates just one of the thousands reasons why.

I love the GT500, if Ford had made enough to go around the first time, everyone would have gotten their Factory Five Hundred Horsepower Mustang for $42,000… It would have eliminated all these blood sucking scalper/speculators from the market. The true Mustang enthusiast would have been able to get the Mustang they really wanted at a reasonable price. That would have been very COOL.

Last edited by Black GT500; 3/21/08 at 03:33 PM.
Old 3/20/08 | 04:16 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by MustangLynda
I think I've finally had it with ford
What the hell did Ford do? They sell cars as a business.

If someone is STUPID ENOUGH to pay $150k for a Mustang they *THINK* will be rare, that's their problem.

Wy do you people need a SUPER ELITE RARE CAR to make you "cool"? Just enjoy the **** thing and stop worrying about how many other people have the same car.

Last edited by eci; 3/20/08 at 04:18 PM.
Old 3/20/08 | 04:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Black GT500
The whole exclusivity thing has a bunch of people’s panties in a knot. I personally don’t select my cars based on their perceived “exclusivity” that entire pretence is kind of snobbish. I select them for what they are and how they suit my driving needs and desires.

I really like my Special Edition Mustangs. They are not “Special” to me because nobody else has one; they are special to me because of all of the cool speed parts Ford has added. I really don’t mind how many other people get one. I **** sure don’t “invest” my hard earned money in automobiles with an impractical expectation of a great appreciation in value. Anyone who actually thinks Cars are reasonable place to “invest” money with an expectation of potential profitable returns is silly. This decision by Ford illustrates just one of the thousands reasons why.

I love the GT500 if Ford had made enough to go around the first time, everyone would have gotten their Factory Five Hundred Horsepower Mustang for $42,000… It would have eliminated all these blood sucking scalper/speculators from the market. The true Mustang enthusiast would have been able to get the Mustang they really wanted at a reasonable price. That would have been very COOL.
You are 100% right about all of that. I feel the same way about my Bullitt. I guess my peave is that Ford lead people to believe one thing and then did another. No trust there. And it did end up costing some folks a chunk of change they otherwise may not have been willing to spend if the amount they were willing to pay for their car was at least partially based on the belief it was a 1 year production run (i.e. willingness to pay an ADM). In that regard they were BS'd by Ford. Again, all you say above is true, but the rest of it sure smells like dirty pool to me.
Old 3/20/08 | 04:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by eci
What the hell did Ford do? They sell cars as a business.

If someone is STUPID ENOUGH to pay $150k for a Mustang they *THINK* will be rare, that's their problem.

Wy do you people need a SUPER ELITE RARE CAR to make you "cool"? Just enjoy the **** thing and stop worrying about how many other people have the same car.
No one's worried about who else has the same car or how cool they are. However, some folks made the decision to pay an ADM based on what they were told by Ford - it would be a 1 year production run. That turned out to be BS, and there's the rub.
Old 3/20/08 | 04:27 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by MustangLynda
No one's worried about who else has the same car or how cool they are. However, some folks made the decision to pay an ADM based on what they were told by Ford - it would be a 1 year production run. That turned out to be BS, and there's the rub.
"Specifications and details subject to change without notice"
Old 3/20/08 | 05:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Black GT500
The whole exclusivity thing has a bunch of people’s panties in a knot. I personally don’t select my cars based on their perceived “exclusivity” that entire pretence is kind of snobbish. I select them for what they are and how they suit my driving needs and desires.

I really like my Special Edition Mustangs. They are not “Special” to me because nobody else has one; they are special to me because of all of the cool speed parts Ford has added. I really don’t mind how many other people get one. I **** sure don’t “invest” my hard earned money in automobiles with an impractical expectation of a great appreciation in value. Anyone who actually thinks Cars are reasonable place to “invest” money with an expectation of potential profitable returns is silly. This decision by Ford illustrates just one of the thousands reasons why.

I love the GT500 if Ford had made enough to go around the first time, everyone would have gotten their Factory Five Hundred Horsepower Mustang for $42,000… It would have eliminated all these blood sucking scalper/speculators from the market. The true Mustang enthusiast would have been able to get the Mustang they really wanted at a reasonable price. That would have been very COOL.
Excellent points buddy. I know exactly how you mean about this subect. I had a guy come up to me at a car show and ask about my new wheels. Told him who made them. Then he asks what I did with the original ones? I told him I sold them. He then begins to sprout off about how bad it was to sell the original parts and the car won't be worth anything in the future because of that, and began to repremand me!!! WTF!!! WHO IS THIS GUY?!! I told him to his face sternly, I bought this car and modified it, to have fun with, to go to shows, meet and hang out with new friends, and not as an investment!! He didn't like that answer, shook his head, like I was crazy, and left!! Cars are NOT INVESTMENTS!! Being at Barrett-Jackson this past January, even old cars aren't holding strong compared to previous years.
Old 3/20/08 | 09:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i cant believe the prices they are asking for these cars...
Old 3/22/08 | 04:28 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Being at Barrett-Jackson this past January, even old cars aren't holding strong compared to previous years.
That's because 'fads' come and go. Cars will never be true value commodities like gold or diamonds or oil.

And as ecomentalist and societal pressure mounts against dino-powered spewmobiles, I would expect these cars to actually go down in value in the coming years.