Auto Shows and Events Car shows happen all across the world, here's the place to post the pics!

UK Meet - October

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/08, 03:00 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
UK Meet - October

OK, I know our meets probably start to look the same but, hey, I never get tired of looking at Mustangs. This was our first anniversary.....yep, 12 months on Berkshire meets, so Mrs TT baked a cake

Old 10/28/08, 10:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great pict's Paul keep them coming never old looking at stang shots. BTW I see a lot of different license plate styles are they from different countries or all from Britan? Just curious.

Jed
Old 10/29/08, 04:58 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Cool!! Great pictures as always! Weather looks pretty darn good as well!
Old 10/29/08, 02:29 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JedCranium
Great pict's Paul keep them coming never old looking at stang shots. BTW I see a lot of different license plate styles are they from different countries or all from Britan? Just curious.

Jed
Hi Jed, thanks for the kind words. All the plates are from the UK but have different scales of legality

Cars registered post '72 should have white rectangular plates with black letters and numbers on the front and yellow plates on the back with black letters and numbers. Pre '72 can be black plates with silver writing. It's pretty much only American cars in the UK that use "square" plates on the front, although it's not actually illegal. The font, to be legal, is very specific. We then have a few companies that supply "States Plates". These look closest to your American plates, but the font isn't legal in the UK (see the black '66 coupe).

So, my plates have a legal font but are illegal as they they are black and silver, not white and black. But I don't care as they look so much cooler

If we get caught, it's a £30 fine. It's just one of those pathetic laws that the boys in blue will pull us up on every now and again.

Evil - yeah, nice bit of sunshine, but it was chilly. Not as chilly as today though, as there's been heavy frost, a bit of snow and temperatures around freezing

Oh, and we've recently had a new member join us, Lawrence, who moved to the UK from Detroit, bringing his superb red SN95 'vert with him. He also takes some fantastic photographs which can be found here:

http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/r...meet/?start=40

Last edited by Twin Turbo; 10/29/08 at 02:53 PM.