Auto Shows and Events Car shows happen all across the world, here's the place to post the pics!

TMS/Post-Woodward Fun Run - 8/19/12

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/12, 09:03 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TMS/Post-Woodward Fun Run - 8/19/12

Just to add a little more fun following the cruise, I'm putting together a fun run for those in the area. I understand some of you have travelling back to do before work the following Monday, but the goal is to be done by noon and give those people a chance to get back home in reasonable time.

Event Info

The fun drive is a driving event that covers around 112 miles of Michigan roads between Ann Arbor, Lansing and Jackson. We cover the route in a spirited fashion, stopping once for a short break (10-15 minutes to chat and stretch their legs). We do have rules below that we ask everyone to follow.

Where: Northfield Roadhouse, 50 E North Territorial Rd, Whitmore Lake, MI 48189 (just west of U.S. 23)

When:
Sunday, August 19, 2012 >>RAIN OR SHINE (See Rule #11)<< (leaving promptly at 8:30 am. Show up early enough to stand around and BS, if you like. If you are on your way and will be late, PM myself and give me a heads up.

Rules of Engagement

1. We will meet in the restaurant parking lot at the corner of N. Territorial and Whitmore Lake Rd. Groups will be arranged at departure.

2. Anyone that is planning on NOT driving the event probably shouldn't leave your car at the restaurant. YOUR CAR MAY BE TOWED. There is a "park and ride" lot across from the Sunoco on the east side of U.S. 23, please use this for leaving your vehicle. The end of the drive will be at a Subway a couple miles further North on US-23 and you can pick up your vehicle after that.

3. This event is NOT a race, act accordingly. We will be traveling at a spirited pace, but will not tolerate erratic driving or any type of driving that will endanger others. This means no passing in corners, no crossing double yellows to pass or in the process of cornering. Be safe, everyone will thank you for it. Anyone not capable of following this rule will be warned once. If you do it twice, you WILL be asked to leave and find your own way home.

4. The overall group will be broken up into groups of 5-6 cars each led by a group leader and hopefully with a tailgunner at the rear to pick up stragglers. The group leaders will set the pace for their group, but straightaway speeds will generally not exceed 65mph. If you plan on (or find yourself) driving substantially slower than the rest of your group, please fall to the back of the group so you don't detract from the experience of others. All group leaders will remain in contact via cell phones or walkie-talkies. If you have two-way radios, feel free to bring them to listen in to the directions and instructions but PLEASE DO NOT chatter unnecessarily on the radios.

5. If you fall behind, don't panic. The group leaders will wait for you to catch up at the next intersection or "T" in the route or the tailgunner will scoop you up. If you miss a turn, we will try to send someone to retrieve you. If you're completely lost, call my cell number above and we'll try to map you out.

6. Show up with enough fuel to get you through 112 miles of high-consumption driving. There are both Shell and Sunoco stations near the starting point. We will only be stopping once in Stockbridge for fuel/bathroom break/windshield cleaning, etc. If you're low on fuel during the drive, be sure to top off here. Should the need arise for whatever reason and you need to bail out from the event, Stockbridge is equidistant from both I-96 and I-94 on Highway 52.

7. This a half-day long event (until approximately 12:00PM), so plan accordingly.

8. The end of the drive is at Subway in Whitmore Lake. It's in a strip mall with a large public lot, so there's plenty of room for all the cars and we don't have to worry about being kicked out. The address is 11930 Whitmore Lake Rd, Whitmore Lake, MI 48189

9. The drive will be capped at 40 cars. If all 40 spots are filled, we will start an alternate pool. If you can't make it, kindly remove your name from the list.

10. Please take the time before attending the drive to check and make sure your car is in good working order. Check tire pressure, oil, coolant, etc. and bring fluids if you think you might need them. If you are unsure of your car's ability to complete this drive, you probably shouldn't take it.

11. In the event of prolonged rain, discussions will take place to cancel/postpone the drive. Please check the thread in the event of inclement weather to make sure you stay informed. Should we arrive at the roadhouse and see poor (and unsafe) conditions, the drive will be canceled in the interest of safety. This thread will be updated based on weather conditions and PMs MAY be sent out if enough advance notice is available.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there! If you are interested, please copy the list and add your name.
Old 8/8/12, 09:05 PM
GTR Member

In the event we have less than ten cars, we may scrap the event.

1. Overboost
Old 8/14/12, 07:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
In the event we have less than ten cars, we may scrap the event.

1. Overboost
Can't commit just yet but hope to get the family to buy in soon.
Old 8/16/12, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Count me in.
I will also be at K2K tonight...
Old 8/16/12, 10:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

This sounds so awesome man, I can't commit right now, but I will try. Good work
Old 8/18/12, 08:44 PM
GTR Member

Unfortunately, due to lack of interest, there will NOT be a fun run tomorrow.
Old 8/19/12, 06:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Unfortunately, due to lack of interest, there will NOT be a fun run tomorrow.
If I know about this in advance next year I will schedule around it to attend and will also promote it to the Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association... That should help bring numbers up.
Old 8/20/12, 11:16 AM
GT Member

Would have liked to do the fun run, but already had a commitment. Took the kids to the Armada Fair. Will also try to plan ahead for next year, as it sounds like fun. It was nice to meet you Steve. I did alright on the raffle, winning a pair of Recaro Seats. All in all it was a great day!

Mike
Old 8/20/12, 11:18 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Boss2X
Would have liked to do the fun run, but already had a commitment. Took the kids to the Armada Fair. Will also try to plan ahead for next year, as it sounds like fun. It was nice to meet you Steve. I did alright on the raffle, winning a pair of Recaro Seats. All in all it was a great day!

Mike
Nice! Another TMS winner. Sounds like we mopped up those raffle items. Does your Boss have Recaros?
Old 8/20/12, 11:33 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Mike
I hate you so much!
hahahah
Congrats that's awesome.

Those were one of the only things I was really into winning.
Old 8/22/12, 12:33 PM
GT Member

Nice! Another TMS winner. Sounds like we mopped up those raffle items. Does your Boss have Recaros?
Yep, already have the Recaros in the Boss. Had a heck of a time getting them in my car to take home, but they did fit believe it or not. Would love to trade for a spare set of Boss wheels/tires, but will most likely put em up for sale. If I can't get enough for em, I might just put them in the Boss and save my Cloth Boss 302 Recaros for later. The leather should wear better. I only put tickets in for the seats because I thought I could get the Boss LS rear seat delete set. That was taken already, so I got the seats. Could not believe how much stuff they gave away.

Mike
Old 8/22/12, 12:36 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
I hate you so much!
hahahah
Congrats that's awesome.

Those were one of the only things I was really into winning.
Thanks Boomer, I know how you feel, because I never win anything. I guess I can't say that now.

My buddy won the raffle for one of the Drift rides at the Dearborn Track Event on Friday. Maybe his luck rubbed off a little.

Mike
Old 8/22/12, 12:52 PM
GTR Member

Mike, I'm jealous. Seats were #1 on my list of things to win. Congrats man.
Old 8/22/12, 09:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I won a set of the Recaro seats also! Had an awesome day at the Alley! Ended up with 4 raffle prizes!

Mike
Old 8/22/12, 09:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Anyone know what the color of those seats are? I put them into my 07 GT on Sunday and they are lighter in color to my Dark Charcoal leather interior.
Old 8/23/12, 05:57 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SeanD
Anyone know what the color of those seats are? I put them into my 07 GT on Sunday and they are lighter in color to my Dark Charcoal leather interior.
Sean,

Was install easy? How long did it take?

I just assumed the color to be Dark Charcoal also, but don't really know.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 8/23/12, 06:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very easy. Just need a 13mm and 15mm socket. Disconnect to connectors.

I put the factory dark charcoal leather seats next to the Recaro seats and the factory seats are darker. Not to bad though. They do not match my rear seats, but yuo cannot tell. I just have to get the leather matching on the arm rest, so at least the front looks the same.
Old 8/23/12, 12:52 PM
I Have No Life

Nice job cleaning up the prizes boys
Old 8/23/12, 04:02 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Originally Posted by Boomer
Nice job cleaning up the prizes boys
Yep.
Old 8/28/12, 09:23 AM
I Have No Life

Although people probably gave us funny looks when you guys tried rubbing luck off on our tickets....

Quick Reply: TMS/Post-Woodward Fun Run - 8/19/12