Auto Shows and Events Car shows happen all across the world, here's the place to post the pics!

Las Vegas area Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/12, 11:33 AM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Las Vegas area Mustangs

I plan on joining the Porcshe Club of LV (no boos please) at their next track event, March 31-April 1, at Spring Mountain Motorsports, see this link:
http://lvrpca.clubstore.us.com/produ...ucts_id=500019
I was out to visit the S.M.M. facility last month, and it is an awesome race track. Here's the link to Spring Mountain:
http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/
So I'm gonna do the Porsche track event (it's open to all makes). And I spoke with the guy who runs Cars & Coffee Las Vegas this past Sat, he is also part of the Porsche Club of LV, and he said the event is awesome, and they do it a few times per year, and they are happy to have non-Porsches join them, it makes it more fun. So I'm gonna try it, probably on the Sat with optional instruction included. Anyone interested in joining?
Old 2/28/12, 08:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 775 Likes on 566 Posts
have fun
Old 3/5/12, 09:25 PM

Bump...hoping to get some other LV owners interested in this!
Old 4/1/12, 10:18 PM

Had a great track day at Spring Mountain Motorsports with Porsche Club of LV, open to all vehicles, 3/31/2012.
View my album: https://themustangsource.com/members...rsche-club-lv/
Old 4/2/12, 01:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice pics man, and kudos for repping stangs out there.

looking at the pics, seems you were the only stang. hopefully more fellow mustang owners join you. Track days are hella fun

Didnt see any suspension mods in your sig. how did the stock setup hold up?
Old 4/2/12, 09:44 AM

Hey Jed. This was my first track event, so I signed up for instruction, too (no extra $). It was awesome. They worked with us on the skidpad, and in a severe braking/steering test, both wet and dry. Then we had the option to have an instructor ride with us when we did our track laps...for instant guidance and feedback. We had a total of three track sessions, 5-6 laps each. For run groups that did not take the optional instruction, they got out a total of four track sessions. Spring Mountain Motorsports track ran a 3-mile long-way-around config, so it would be easier for us rookies...still had some tough spots though. There were two Shelbys there, one 302LS, plus one 2002 Roush track-ready GT, but that's it for Mustangs. It was a Porsche event, so there were about 75 Porsches, 75 Corvettes, 25 BMWs, a dozen GTRs, and 50 'others'. I'm very proud of my Mustang, I only got passed by 3 Nissan GTRs, a blown and dropped Camaro SS, and one pesky little old Acura Integra R...but he had a fully stripped and race set-up vehicle (not street-legal) and he weighed less than 2500 lbs. No Porsches or BMWs passed me, none. And I have NO suspension mods...yet. Even when I let my instructor have a lap, he slipped off the course, even after I warned him that the Mustang can be a handful. It was floaty and had too much body roll when I pushed it. I can't wait for the next track event, especially if I beef up my suspension. I've been looking and reading about your exact set-up...Eibach Pro Kit Plus (Includes Pro Kit Springs, Pro Dampers and Anti-Roll Bar). Can you give me details and feedback on yours? Where purchased? Price? Install? Performance on track? And...this is important...how does it affect comfort?

Last edited by PJRManagement; 4/26/12 at 01:08 AM.
Old 4/3/12, 12:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Hey Jed. This was my first track event, so I signed up for instruction, too (no extra $). It was awesome. They worked with us on the skidpad, and in a severe braking/steering test, both wet and dry. Then we had the option to have an instructor ride with us when we did our track laps...for instant guidance and feedback. We had a total of three track sessions, 5-6 laps each. For run groups that did not take the optional instruction, they got out a total of four track sessions. Spring Mountain Motorsports track ran a 3-mile long-way-around config, so it would be easier for us rookies...still had some tough spots though. There were two Shelbys there, one 302LS, plus one 2002 Roush track-ready GT, but that's it for Mustangs. It was a Porsche event, so there were about 75 Porsches, 75 Corvettes, 25 MBWs, a dozen GTRs, and 50 'others'. I'm very proud of my Mustang, I only got passed by 3 Nissan GTRs, a blown and dropped Camaro SS, and one pesky little old Acura Integra R...but he had a fully stripped and race set-up vehicle (not street-legal) and he weighed less than 2500 lbs. No Porsches or BMWs passed me, none. And I have NO suspension mods...yet. Even when I let my instructor have a lap, he slipped off the course, even after I warned him that the Mustang can be a handful. It was floaty and had too much body roll when I pushed it. I can't wait for the next track event, especially if I beef up my suspension. I've been looking and reading about your exact set-up...Eibach Pro Kit Plus (Includes Pro Kit Springs, Pro Dampers and Anti-Roll Bar). Can you give me details and feedback on yours? Where purchased? Price? Install? Performance on track? And...this is important...how does it affect comfort?

hey Peter, sorry for the late response on this but yeah I was actually blessed to have been a R & D car for the eibach pro kit plus. 5.0 magazine and Beach city mustang club hooked it up since they partnered with Eibach to do this promo.

Honestly the suspension is great, the turns are way sharper and there is little to no body roll. I am going for the sportlines instead of the prokit springs since i do want a much lower stance but the prokits provide a excellent drop and the floatiness is gone. plus you will also notice that when braking the nose wont dive in like the stock set up does.

And regarding ride, you will notice that its a tad bit stiffer than stock but not to the point of being bone jarring when you hit bumps. I had performance springs on stock shocks and struts on my new edge before and the stock set up gave in after a few thousands miles and the ride was horrible. with the upgraded shocks from Eibach, these were designed to perform with the springs so the ride is excellent.

the sways are set up for race, they told me when they installed it to turn it back to street after a month or so, and not to use this set up in the rain, but honestly i havent done that yet and just kept it on race/track which i believe is the last hole on the sway bar.

I haven't tracked the car as of yet, since i missed a track meet we had out here earlier in the year at willow springs,
but i have taken the car out through the mountains and it performed great for being on street tires.

thats another suggestion bro, get upgrade tires, you will notice a world of difference and predictability.

and last but not least, invest in a go-pro. they are hella fun to have on your car when you are doing track events

let me know if you have any other questions
Old 4/3/12, 12:59 PM

Hey Jed. Great info, thanks! A couple questions/comments:
* Go-Pro - I already have an iPhone4, and I just got a windshield mount with 360 rotation and can achieve any angle, I think that will give me some nice vids. I do have a budget, ya know, especially since I'm looking at $1000 for the suspension.
* I will be going Eibach Pro, and not Sport, since I'll only track the car 2-3 times per year. So if I go Pro, I don't think I'll need an adjustable Panhard bar out back, for the rear axle alignment, will I?
* Tires were the first mod I did, 255/40 19 Continental Extreme Contact DW (see my sig). Night and day from the all-season-stock-Pirellis. Like you, I live in the Southwest, so rain or snow is not a factor.
* And, you lucky bastard, you were one of the install/demo cars? So you got the entire kit for free $0???!!! Love it, I'm jealous.
Do you think you'll want to make the drive out for the next event at Spring Mountain? Or is it too far for you from LA?
Old 4/3/12, 01:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry Peter forgot to add, they did the install at Eibach, but took pretty much a good chunk of the day while i was there. Price i have seen it for goes from 1000-800 on ebay and the internet for this set up.

But if you are handy with tools you could just do the install yourself, if you have the spring compressors( you can rent these from any auto place like pep boys, etc). I have been lowering cars since i was in high school and it isnt that hard at all. all you would need is to get alignment again once everything is done.
Old 4/3/12, 01:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Jed. Great info, thanks! A couple questions/comments:
* Go-Pro - I already have an iPhone4, and I just got a windshield mount with 360 rotation and can achieve any angle, I think that will give me some nice vids. I do have a budget, ya know, especially since I'm looking at $1000 for the suspension.
* I will be going Eibach Pro, and not Sport, since I'll only track the car 2-3 times per year. So if I go Pro, I don't think I'll need an adjustable Panhard bar out back, for the rear axle alignment, will I?
* Tires were the first mod I did, 255/40 19 Continental Extreme Contact DW (see my sig). Night and day from the all-season-stock-Pirellis. Like you, I live in the Southwest, so rain or snow is not a factor.
* And, you lucky bastard, you were one of the install/demo cars? So you got the entire kit for free $0???!!! Love it, I'm jealous.
Do you think you'll want to make the drive out for the next event at Spring Mountain? Or is it too far for you from LA?
LOL yeah i did get it for 0 buckaroos, so hence the reason why i said i was blessed

awesome totally missed the tire mod, lol.
regarding driving out there for the next event, I am a maybe on that one bro, since our current calendar actually has a lot of car shows and events coming up.
but i would def love to come out and rep stangs with ya at that event.

Oh yeah i totally hear you on budget, regarding the go-pro. thats why i look for deals on ebay i got mine on 1 sale a day. its a site that puts up a single deal everyday. they had a go-pro HD for 130 bucks. which is insane but its at the time the HD 2 came out. so they cut the prices i guess.

plus Go-pro does a daily give away on their Facebook. you should check it out, i enter in when i can.
Old 4/3/12, 01:07 PM

Thanks, I'm looking at around $850 for the parts (springs/dampers/sway-bars), and $200 for install, then alignment. I have a friend and my Ford dealer, I may get the install for free. Did you see my questions for you?
Old 4/3/12, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks, I'm looking at around $850 for the parts (springs/dampers/sway-bars), and $200 for install, then alignment. I have a friend and my Ford dealer, I may get the install for free. Did you see my questions for you?
Oh just saw it,
no need for a pan-bar. it drops it like 1 inch all around, i believe any more than that you would need one.

but that is also the reason why i am going with the sportlines, i wanted a much more agressive drop.

here is the shot of my ride before and after.

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 4/3/12, 07:57 PM

Your Kona Blue looks great. I can see what to expect with the Eibach Pro, 1.0" Front drop, 1.5" Rear drop. Here's the link to Spring Mountain Motorsports, it is a great facility.
http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/