Auto Shows and Events Car shows happen all across the world, here's the place to post the pics!

Bumble Bee Cruise 2 Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 2/12/07, 02:08 PM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrkabc
MAN I am so bummed I could not go... my car is still in the body shop being repaired...

(heaping curses on the idiot that trashed my car!)
bummer you couldnt make it, there is always the cruise this saturday

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Where's the video you promised.
here it is:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...735#post841735

Originally Posted by Ghettobooty
leo- i need to see you habu and robello at the next thing. http://www.surfnsocal.com/gallery/d/...2/P1010055.JPG yeah that's my car. i was glad to get my new rims on time. they are made by toxic.

robello- ahhaha, you were caught driving home? man that sux! i was so tired, i just put the car on cruise control on my way back home. i can't believe none of us were caught speeding on the mountain. people were doing like 60 on the turns. lots of fun!! definitely have to see you guys out the next cruise. can't miss me, asian guy with tats and ear rings. i wish i had brought my camera. the light was really harsh in the morning though.

HABU- i like the sse ducktail because it has a cutout for the 3rd brakelight which i had tinted black with the rest of the lights out in the back. i didn't have to worry about adding another light to the rear. i had so much fun, i'll prob do the cruise this coming weekend also.
if you come to the cruise this saturday make sure you stop me and say hi, Ill be working the camera again.

Originally Posted by 06GTwJUICE
Me and my gf...

I had her drive home and I'm surprised she didn't get a ticket... she always drives faster than me.
man you guys are all very lucky I didnt just get popped for speeding, I got 6 tickets.....wtf????
Old 2/12/07, 02:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

That gray mustang with the street scene kit and boyd coddington wheels (ithink) looks awesome.
Old 2/12/07, 02:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rrobello
man you guys are all very lucky I didnt just get popped for speeding, I got 6 tickets.....wtf????
d@mn....

what exactly did he write you up for?

my guess, tinted windows, exhaust, speeding and?????
Old 2/12/07, 02:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Richard-Thanks for the vid link.

ATTN: Anyone in the SD area JBA is having a dyno day this Saturday. You get 2 pulls for $45.
Old 2/12/07, 02:46 PM

d@mn....

what exactly did he write you up for?

my guess, tinted windows, exhaust, speeding and?????
80 in a 70, tinted windows, no front plate, bald tires, and no proof of insurance or registration; I unknowingly took them out of my car when I cleaned up the interior.

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Richard-Thanks for the vid link.

ATTN: Anyone in the SD area JBA is having a dyno day this Saturday. You get 2 pulls for $45.
Yeah I saw that, but there is a cruise that saturday as well.
Old 2/12/07, 04:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

80 in a 70 -- $$
tinted windows -- fixit?
no front plate -- fixit? (mine a long time ago was a fixit)
bald tires -- fixit?
ins/reg -- fixit? (goto dmv and show them? got same thing in SD before and it was a fixit)

if you can get any of those signed off you'd be ok... you can even call the po po that pulled you over and ask him to sign off on them maybe?

I got my front plate and ins/reg card signed off at a sherrifs office and mailed the signoff paperwork to the court/ticket ****'s and it was ok.

good luck.
Old 2/12/07, 04:08 PM

80 in a 70 -- $$
tinted windows -- fixit?
no front plate -- fixit? (mine a long time ago was a fixit)
bald tires -- fixit?
ins/reg -- fixit? (goto dmv and show them? got same thing in SD before and it was a fixit)

if you can get any of those signed off you'd be ok... you can even call the po po that pulled you over and ask him to sign off on them maybe?

I got my front plate and ins/reg card signed off at a sherrifs office and mailed the signoff paperwork to the court/ticket ****'s and it was ok.

good luck.
oh I know they are all fixits but just a PIA, and Im not sure if I have to pay the fee for each one or just a one time deal. $15 for each would suck. The front plate Ive done already once before with this car, I have a bracket I made so no prob there. The insurance and reg I have again no prob. My tires arent bald but I have some anyways for when they do go. The tinted windows, I tint windows so no prob, Id just prefer not to spend a day taking it off getting it signed off and replacing it. The speeding one Im ****ed about because I slowed down to the speed limit well before he even got onto the freeway because I saw him on an overpass riding and he followed at about a miles length back on the far oposite side of the road behind a durango for more than 5 minutes like that before pulling me over, there is no way he clocked me doing anything above the speed limit. He just saw a blacked out stang and figured he could get me for a lot and when he saw that I wasnt ever going to get back on the gas he decided to go ahead and pull me over. But I dont have any points so at the very least this is just a fine.
Old 2/12/07, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

that mach 1/shelby torch red with stripes....is that with the shelby motor? or just the frpp/whipple supercharger on the gt engine. looks a lot like the shelby one. I love that car
Old 2/12/07, 05:53 PM

just the frpp/whipple
Old 2/12/07, 06:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

rrob..

I want to get mine tinted, maybe 20% in the front and a little darkerin the back and side quarter windows.. Louvers will be on the rear window, just want a little tint to assist with blocking some sun...

is it easy to do or best for someone who's never done it to take it somewhere?
Old 2/12/07, 06:42 PM

rrob..

I want to get mine tinted, maybe 20% in the front and a little darkerin the back and side quarter windows.. Louvers will be on the rear window, just want a little tint to assist with blocking some sun...

is it easy to do or best for someone who's never done it to take it somewhere?
best if youve never done it then to take it to someone who has, there is nothing easy about it no matter how simple someone makes it look. It takes most people about a year to get half way decent at it.
Old 2/12/07, 06:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Richard,

Wanted to say thanks for the great pics and video.

It sucks about gettin nailed. I surprised that it didn't happen during the cruise.

Brian
Old 2/12/07, 07:00 PM
Bullitt Member

are you going this weekend? i think i'll make it.
Originally Posted by TacoBill

GB- ... and you won't miss me either; asian, NO tats, and NO earrings.

Maybe I'll see you and the guys out at a future outing.
Old 2/12/07, 08:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ghettobooty
are you going this weekend? i think i'll make it.
I'll try and make it out for the 'Meet & Greet', but not for the cruise.

Richard, bummer on the tickets. I'm dreading my first with the GT as it won't be pretty.
Old 2/13/07, 10:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by neil07gt
That gray mustang with the street scene kit and boyd coddington wheels (ithink) looks awesome.

They aren't boyd wheels, look more like foose wheels too me ... and the car isn't that great looking
Old 2/14/07, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by GtStallion51
They aren't boyd wheels, look more like foose wheels too me ... and the car isn't that great looking
yeah that car looks like crap
Old 2/14/07, 01:39 AM
Bullitt Member

alright i'll look out for ya, you guys look for me too!

Originally Posted by TacoBill
I'll try and make it out for the 'Meet & Greet', but not for the cruise.

Richard, bummer on the tickets. I'm dreading my first with the GT as it won't be pretty.
Old 2/14/07, 04:36 PM

Ill tell you what Ill either be wearing a black Agent 47 shirt or my blue "I <3 Hot Moms" shirt, either way I will have on black Adios and a backwards black 49ers hat
Old 2/15/07, 06:12 AM
Cobra R Member

best if youve never done it then to take it to someone who has, there is nothing easy about it no matter how simple someone makes it look. It takes most people about a year to get half way decent at it.

Truer words were never spoken!! Even if it looks good initially a poor installation can bubble over time and look like crap. I always take it to professionals and make it a habit to see their work first on another vehicle...especially a vehicle with lots of curves on the glass. (Takes more skill for those)

I always get a little jealous seeing all the car meets you guys have over there!!! Someday I may have to ship my car over there for one of your meets just for the fun. Not going to drive from Alabama....

Maybe I can get a good deal and get mine, Brad's and Scothew (when he bites the bullet again like I know he will) shipped over there for a meet.

Old 2/15/07, 11:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

yeah that car looks like crap
Yeah yeah yeah ...... hahaha .... and that sucks about your run in with the chp. Didn't we have a conversation about that earlier at the saleen store though. If memory serves me right didn't you say I shouldn't drive like a grandpa just because I already got a ticket. HAHAH .....just messing with you man .... that sucks. I'll be seeing you in the slow lane ....

Quick Reply: Bumble Bee Cruise 2 Pics!