Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Wow

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/06, 05:18 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off.
My right blinker has went nutso- blinking EXTREMELY QUICK. No bulbs out. The left is normal.

Also upon NORMAL (with these gas prices) the car is making a funky noise- rumbly and vibratey.
NOt cool.

My shaker peed the bed on every slot but 2 3 and 6......(covered in shaker topic)

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

WTH.
Anyone have this crap going on?
Old 5/2/06, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

As far as the blinker issue goes, you may just have a bad connection on the front or rear bulbs. (Same thing happened on my '00 Accord.) Take the blinker bulbs out, make sure the contacts are clean on the bulb & housing, then spray some WD-40 on each. Re-seat the bulbs. That worked for me -- it never did the 'fast blink' after that.
Old 5/3/06, 05:23 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I do NOT have a light out. Checked them all. Its the right side blinker. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] Started last Friday night, now its driving me nuts.

As far as the odd thing its a grindy vibrating thing going on. Just up until I get all the way up to speed. The steering wheel feels like its vibrating, and the noise is off.

GRR! I don't know when I can get it in for service.
Old 5/3/06, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

I thought blinkers started blinking fast when they were "about" to go out. Did you change the bulb or just see if it came on?

If you feel vibration in the steering wheel it could be an out of balance rim on the front. Maybe get the balance checked on them....pothole may have knocked off one of the weights.
Old 5/3/06, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

<span style="color:#000099">"My right blinker has went nutso- blinking EXTREMELY QUICK. No bulbs out. The left is normal."</span>
Have your turn signal flasher replaced. That's what fixed the same problem on my Ranger.
Old 5/3/06, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
A burnt bulb will cause a flasher to speed up, however I've also had some of our GM vans, at work, with bad grounds within the sockets causing the flashes to speed up on the side with the bad socket.
Old 5/4/06, 05:37 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ May 3, 2006, 8:28 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I thought blinkers started blinking fast when they were "about" to go out. Did you change the bulb or just see if it came on?

If you feel vibration in the steering wheel it could be an out of balance rim on the front. Maybe get the balance checked on them....pothole may have knocked off one of the weights.
[/b][/quote]

I had my husband walk around the car and check it all one by one- all good [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] This weekend- I am setting up MAJOR service for her.
Shaker, Gas tank..... I no longer have time during the week to deal with it ( got a job).

I had an incident in December- Son puked in the car, I puked ON the car when he did- lost a spinner in the one time only gas station car wash- but I replaced it and the whole thing is fine now. I don't know what is going on- it doesn't happen at cruising speeds, and the balance is NOT off.
Old 5/4/06, 06:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stangster @ May 3, 2006, 8:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
<span style="color:#000099">"My right blinker has went nutso- blinking EXTREMELY QUICK. No bulbs out. The left is normal."</span>
Have your turn signal flasher replaced. That's what fixed the same problem on my Ranger.
[/b][/quote]

Mustangs have no replaceable flasher-this function is built into the Smart Junction Box.
Old 5/4/06, 07:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

No idea about the blinkers...I say let ford scratch there head about it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

Do you have stock rims or aftermarket rims? I know if you change the rims there are little clips...one on each wheel lug stud that need to come off or it will do the vibratin thing.
Old 5/4/06, 08:26 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Hmm well ok- what do I do about it its driving me fricking nuts?

I have the 05 spinner rims.
Old 5/5/06, 09:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ahh so its stock rims....I would try it anyway. Take off the rim and on one of the studs you will see a round clip at the base of the stud. Yank it off....its there from the factory to hold that part on on the asembly line. People who were putting aftermarket rims on were getting vibration like it was out of ballance but when they went to get it looked at they are all ballanced. Once this clip is off the problem went away for them. Your rim is stock tho and im sure this problem wasnt always there so I dont know if this will help....but I guess its worth a shot.
Old 5/8/06, 05:46 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Upon further evaluation, it isn't the wheels doing that to me. Its my "CRAP I went to work and haven't had the pleasure of driving the mustang all day every day dealings". Its just normal stuff.

There are no lights out on the car anywhere! The right blinker just acts like its on speed or something.

GRR!

Oh and Slot one on my shaker is SHOT.
Old 5/9/06, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
I do NOT have a light out. Checked them all. Its the right side blinker. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img] Started last Friday night, now its driving me nuts.

As far as the odd thing its a grindy vibrating thing going on. Just up until I get all the way up to speed. The steering wheel feels like its vibrating, and the noise is off.

GRR! I don't know when I can get it in for service.
if the car is making strange engine noises it could be you got some expired gasoline. I would think about going to a different gas station. The current situation with gas right now is leading to some problems, My parent's Toyota truck was making odd engine noise after a fill up at a cheap (if you can call any gas cheap) station. I took it over to a local shell where I get gas for the stang and had them put some of their gas in viola! No more noise. Also I know yours is a 2005 and some of them have issues with the Coil On Plug(TSB 04-16-1). Hope this gets ironed out for you.
Old 5/17/06, 05:24 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

It all stopped now.

Strange.

this Saturday, I have a SERIOUS date with Ford.
Old 5/17/06, 04:27 PM
V6 Member

The problems you have are linked to a grounding problem.
I mean a poor ,high resistive ground.
Check all the main grounds you can find for loose or corroded connections.
Old 5/18/06, 05:24 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I am under some giant Mustang Jinx..
First the puking spinner incident...
Then The Garage Door.......
Now the Rocks........

My brakes have squealed like nuts since I got em.

AND I have a freaking brake light out.
Old 5/25/06, 09:22 AM
Queen Of Nascar

New Shaker TSB:

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...%20service.pdf
Old 5/26/06, 10:58 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by EleanorsMine
I am under some giant Mustang Jinx..
First the puking spinner incident...
Then The Garage Door.......
Now the Rocks........

My brakes have squealed like nuts since I got em.

AND I have a freaking brake light out.
Are you in the boat with Dustin?
Old 5/26/06, 01:03 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I dunno-
Incident free for a few days now.......Then again I just turned her back into a garage queen-got tired of her being a daily driver and flat out quit my job.

Friggin brake light still out, bulbs are sitting there to be replaced- but no time today...... The train to margaritaville leaves the station in 118 minutes.
Old 5/26/06, 06:03 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Heres one for the Brake Squeal too:
http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...e%20squeek.pdf