Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

T C S

Search this Thread

Old 12/27/11, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T C S

So do you guys prefer the tcs off or on? Is there a difference in the performance? I don't feel much of a difference.
Old 12/27/11, 07:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Dunno why this is (as of this post) in Warranty and Service Issues...

---

I like it on. There isn't any difference, unless you try to get sideways. At that point, there IS a difference. Or maybe try a burnout and the tires hop? I dunno, but definitely when you do something 'not normal', it may come on.

It's already helped a couple of times, when the roads were slick. Car got a little squirrely, then it 'fixed' itself. A little annoying, but only because I was doing something I probably shouldn't in those conditions (namely, taking off a little too fast. It'd been a while since wet roads were an issue 'round here..)

However, if I know I'm horsin' around, then I just turn it off. When I'm done, I turn it back on.

Last edited by houtex; 12/27/11 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12/27/11, 11:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006 mustang gt
So do you guys prefer the tcs off or on? Is there a difference in the performance? I don't feel much of a difference.
Turning off the TCS is part of my routine (buckle in/turn off tcs/set song/etc). When it rains or is snowing, I simply remind myself to turn it back on (just as I turn it off). But under normal conditions, I don't feel it is necessary.

There is no difference in performance, unless you're really bad at launches. Give yourself a little while to figure out the car, before getting too crazy.
Old 12/28/11, 07:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
mine if off most of the time.
Old 12/30/11, 04:58 PM

I prefer mine ON. I have only owned the car a few months at this point and its the most pwerful vehicle I have owned and driven REGULARLY. in the dry its not so much of an issue, but in the wet I know had the TCS been off I would have most likely had some off pavement adventures or even worse, wrecked the car on a few occasions already. I also like the way the exhaust sounds when it backs the power off abruptly. I do however wonder if my "antics" could cause potential problems with the traction control system later on in mileage.

my advice is if you are a confident high HP driver and prefer it off then by all means, feel free. but if you are even a little unsure of it, leave it on all the time and only turn it off when you definitely want it off.
I dont know about you but if I have an incident with it off that most likely could have been avoided by having it on, I would feel awfully friggin stupid for sure. even more than had it been a "normal" incident
Old 12/30/11, 11:00 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
I used to turn mine off like a reflex...one rainy day I found out how slow my reflexes really were... and felt awfully friggin stupid for sure.

fender, hood, bumper, air deflector...I leave that button alone now unless playing around at the track- trying to clean the tires with TCS on is pretty embarassing

Last edited by ford4v429; 12/30/11 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12/30/11, 11:02 PM
Cobra Member

I turn mine off the second I get in the car...can't stand it...I always used to forget to turn it off when I'd mess around then not only did I look like an *** I looked like an *** that couldn't drive....now I keep it off and just look like an ***