Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Remote key fob stopped working after a jump start

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/11, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote key fob stopped working after a jump start

Battery drained, and I jumped the car.. then the remote key fob stopped working. Both remote key fobs don't work, and I've tried the reprogramming sequence... I'm thinking either the receiver in the SJB is out, or maybe a fuse is out.

Anyone have anything similar happen? I can't figure out which fuse would be linked with the remote key fob receiver...
Old 12/5/11, 06:49 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Battery drained, and I jumped the car.. then the remote key fob stopped working. Both remote key fobs don't work, and I've tried the reprogramming sequence... I'm thinking either the receiver in the SJB is out, or maybe a fuse is out.
Hi krnpimpsta,

I looked over your owner guide and could not find the specific fuse for you. I recommend you speak to your Ford dealer and have your vehicle diagnosed. Your Service Manager will be in the best position to assist you with this. He can also look at any possible warranty your vehicle may still have. If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Deysha
Old 12/6/11, 07:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can put the car in fob learn mode with just a key. If I remember right you turn the ignition on and off like 8 times. The locks cycle. Then you hit a button on each fob. The car learns them. Turn the key off and your done.
Old 12/7/11, 11:18 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Cusp
You can put the car in fob learn mode with just a key. If I remember right you turn the ignition on and off like 8 times. The locks cycle. Then you hit a button on each fob. The car learns them. Turn the key off and your done.
Or this!! +1

The info is in your Owner’s Guide under: How to reprogram your remote entry transmitters.

Deysha